The reason you noticed it when you were twelve was because that was when you started to develop and your inner labia matured larger than your outer labia. Just like having big boobs your inner labia is big and shows where as those with smaller labia than there outer lips doesn't show. The reason why you feel unprepared for this is the fact that we don't talk about or show pictures of boys who have been circumsized and we don't show girls with inner labia showing simply because it is too sexually explicit. Your completely normal.

I have never heard of anyone that has any experience with women say they do not like it; I like it "meaty" as my girlfriend calls it. It's genetic and all are different so be proud of what you have and someone is negative about it; kick them to the curb and don't look back. They are missing out!

Hey, I'm 15 and I have that problem too. I felt like I was alone on this but apparently I'm not. My right inner labia is bigger than my left.

Thankyou so much! I noticed this when I was twelve..14 now..and I didn't know if it was normal or not. When you see something like this you automatically think somethings wrong, and of course no wants to tell their parents or others "Hey! I've got a wierd looking vagina!" so I definitely know how uncomfortable it can be...I've also worried about sex and if guys would be bothered...but now that I hear it hasn't been a problem I feel so much more comfortable.

i am 18 and pregnant. i am married and my husband wont go down on me. he did it once but it really bothers him that my inner labia is protruding. when i was 16 i was dating a 36 year old man, it didnt bother him and he would go down and often begged me to let him. so i guess it really just depends on the guy you are with. have confidence in your body, guys react different with how you see yourself. there is a book called The Piercing Bible. this has ever major piercing in it, positioning based on what your body looks like. it might help your confidence level if you get a piercing that emphasises the labia in a good way rather then how you feel now.