I am thinking to have the done.......how are you all doing? Is it worth it? Anyone have any possitive things to say?

Thanks

I just arrived home from getting the novasure procedure done in a day surgery setting. I was kinda of confused regarding how long you need to wait until having intercourse. My gynocologist ( Female) told me to wait at least 48 hours before having intercourse. I have read one of the comments above saying that they had to weight 6 weeks. ALso, is weight gain what i need to expect? I definitely do not need to gain anymore weight. So what do I need to be doing or taking to prevent that?

Just need some answers on what to expect down the road.

Thanks! 8-|

had Novasure procedure done in January 2009. Have had monthly symptoms every month since then with just a two day slight period maybe one pad a day. You still get pms cramps as you still have your ovaries and your body is still doing the same thing as it would if you had your endometrial lining. The cramps are not as bad, the moods are better also because not so much build up of the non-endometrial lining!! Sex life is way better because cramps are not near as bad prior, bleeding is not one week, maybe two days.
Also, someone said something about the husband being able to feel scar tissue with sex? how could this be? Your husband cannot feel the inside of your uterus? Overall, would do it absolutely all over again. Way less invasive than a hysterectomy : :-D

i had novasure done last week and my back hurts so bad i sleep with heating pad on my back and the pills my doc gave me isnt working im not hurting any where but my back help me!!!!!!!!!! :$ :'(

48 hours? No, no, you must wait 2 weeks, you will get an infection.

I just had my surg. done, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. I have 5 herniated disks, 8 degenerative, and arthritis in the lumbar. YES I am not even 30 yet! Someone had asked if they had positive things to say. Well I do. My back hurts all the freaking time! Since having the ablation the pain in my lower back has signif. lessened. I had been on my period for 3 full months and its nice to not have the bleeding, and cramping!!!

I went in to an outpatient facility for mine. After being put out, my doctor did a DN and C first, then removed a cyst of my left ovary, while he was in there he also tied my tubes, and saved the actual ablation for last. I was so out of it ALL day, I don't even remember being driven home by my husband. I woke up that evening around 10:30 at night, took one pain pill and the anti nausea meds my doctor gave me. As long as I layed still I was fine, otherwise I thought I was going to get sick. My stomach hurt bad to roll over as well. The next day I took a total of 4 pain meds, but honestly they weren't for my stomach they were for my shoulder, since they did a loproscope (not sure on spelling) WOW my shoulder hurt way more than the belly. I couldn't bend over or it hurt, and had to roll out of bed or off the couch for 2 days. The 3rd day it didn't hurt so bad to bend and I started that again. By the 5th day I had not one ounce of pain, and I felt the best I have felt in MONTHS! I would do it over again in a HEART BEAT!!!! Only this time I wouldn't have waited 2 1/2 months to go to the doctor.

The only thing that I experianced that I wasn't prepared for was, I had no idea about the shoulder pain. I thought I would bleed longer...I only bled day of and after surg. I still have slight bleeding but only when wiping. My stomach was HUGE! My belly button wasn't an inny anymore, it was flat and my skin felt tight due to all the stretching. My husband forgot my discharge papers so I didn't know about the sex things others mentioned in above posts. My post op appt. to get stitches out was the first in the A.M. My obgyn got into a car accident that morning, so the nurse took my stitches out. I was under the impression that it was ok, I had sex that night! No problems yet anyhow. Thinking after reading everyone elses I need to call tomorrow. I really hope I helped someone. I know its a lengthy post, and I know we are not all the same. Before I do surg. though I always look for all imformation I can find! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~ Anyone going to get this I hope God blesses you with the same outcome I recieved

I had my Novasure procedure Sept. 15, 2009 and felt great the next day and returned to work as promised. About 10 days later I started spotting a light bloody discharge but it was easily contained with a pantyliner a day. By 2 weeks out I started feeling pains in my stomach, had waves of nausea especially in the afternoon, abdominal bloating and now most recently some severe pain prior to having a bowel movement. Yesterday I saw a partner of my surgeon who is puzzled but assures me my symptoms are not Novasure related. She palpated my abdomen and I'm very tender up high under my sternum so she started me on Omeprazole (Prilosec sustained release)? After 3 days on that I came home from work with severe nausea again today and bloating and feel rotten. My flow is down to just a few drops though (Yeah!) Tomorrow I see the surgeon (OB/GYN) so I'll see what's really cooking down there. Something's not right...I know me... Not happy yet!

Hello Ladies. I had the NovaSure procedure done 9 days ago, and I am already glad I did it. I was supposed to start my period two or three days ago and haven't. I may still be in the post-op discharge phase, but WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Before the NovaSure, I would go through a SuperPlus tampon EVERY HOUR. What a pain! I had become enemic and was advised about the procedure. I have been dealing with the heavy bleeding for over a year, and I'm truly thankful that I took the step to correct the situation. I have had no side-effects whatsoever at the point in time.

I'm glad to hear that it was very successful for you! I now many other women for whom it worked and I'm glad you're one of them. Do you have any other experiences to share with us?

Ok people. I am freaked out. I am supposed to have this NovaSure done. I have read all these complaints. Now I don't think I want to go through with it. I am also only 24yrs old and 1 child. They want me to have my tubes tied too. I don't want to have any more children at this point in my life. My daughter is 7. But after this is done I def. won't be able to have any more kids. That kind of worries me too.
I am they type of person who cannot be down too long at all. I am only expecting to be down for 2-3 days and that's it. Then I will go back to my normal life of house duties and working. But everything I have read about the NovaSure has all been bad. Has anyone had this done and it went good? With no problems? I need help on this whether I should go through with it or not.

I'll join in with the backache complaint. I had the novasure done in my ob/gyn's office 4 weeks ago. The night before I was prescribed a valium and two pills (4 hours apart) to dilate my cervix. The cramping hasn't stopped since! I thought I was imagining things, but apparently backache is pretty common. It feels like when you're pregnant, only of course this time you're not! I'm still clotting, changing pads several times a day, and generally feel like c**p. Perhaps I was not the best candidate as I'd had a previous myomectomy and the doctor mentioned that I had uterine fibroids, and he didn't do anything to shrink/remove them before the procedure. My next step is another ablation, this time the Her Choice cryo-ablation, and if that doesn't work a hysterectomy. I'm sure this procedure is a wonderful thing for many people, and I would advise it (or another form of uterine ablation) before immediately going the hysterectomy route (so long as you are a good 'candidate'), but b/c of my myriad of gynecological issues, at 4 weeks out my doctor felt it was not a success and now we're onto the next thing. In the interim I sure wish I had some pain medication though. Taking it easy isn't possible with 4 kids and a temporary job assignment that involves standing up and lifting/bending/carrying moderately heavy stuff all day.

I wouldn't do it. I have had weight gain and some back pain although I have not bled at all. The recovery was much easier than the prep the evening before. If if I had know weight gain in my mid section was a side effect I would have opted out. Hope this helps.

I had the NovaSure procedure done March of 2008. No periods what so ever. But, I have had issues as of lately. I've had 3 cysts found....Now, maybe that's not because of the NovaSure...But, i've never had cysts before the procedure. I would have TERRIBLE cramping for 5 days out of the month...so bad that the only thing I could compare it to would be labor pains. Pains would come in waves and subside...It was horrible. After going through this 3 different times my doctor had a CT Scan done. That's when the 3 cysts were found...so, I thought that was the problem. Turns out, the NovaSure worked TO WELL. My cervix was completely shut off. The CT Scan and 2 other sonograms had shown 5-8# worth of fluid surrounding my uterus. Basically, my body would TRY and go through it's monthly cycle...whether that mean bleed or what...and it couldn't release any of the fluid....keeping it in my abdomen. I'm going in for a Hysteroscopy and D and C in a week, with possible Laproscopy depending on what my doctor finds with the Hysteroscopy.

Now, i'm not saying that the NovaSure is horrible and you shouldn't have it done. Each person is different and each person will have a different outcome. Be careful and talk to your doctor about all options you may have.

I am still in the process of making a decision on whether or not i want to have this done. My doc recommends the ablation with a tubal. I'm scared after reading everyone's experiences. I know every woman is different and will have different symptoms, side effects, etc.
I'm just wondering if i should get on birth control first to see if that help. I have heavy periods with clotting and soaking through both tampons and pads, but have not had to sit or lay on towels. I have pain during intercourse and sometimes i bleed afterwards. My doc said i have adenomyosis and that is what is causing my problems, so he advised me to get the two done. I am really afraid i am going to regret this later. I am most definitely afraid of gaining weight that is why i am hesitant to taking birth control. Any advice?

Have you ever tried birth control and had bad experience with it? My good friend is using Yasmin and she doesn't have any problems, and she is not gaining weight. Not sure about ablation. Sorry.