I tried the birth control patch and it regulated me as far as heavy and long periods, didn't take the pain away during intercourse. I did gain about 30 lbs on it in a year and a half. Then i got off of it and started to read about it causing alot of blood clots. I got off of it in Jan 07 and miscarried in Nov that same year. I got pregnant again in June 08 and bled my entire pregnancy and i had ultrasounds at least once a month. I was being monitored because i was given a 50-50 chance to have the baby. i had alot of blood clots around the sac. Thank God everything went okay with the rest of my pregnancy and delivery. I'm scared to have another becuase of all the complications i had so i'm done with having kids. I don't like to take pills because i'm very forgetful. I thought about Yaz, but i heard there is a lawsuit against Yaz going on. My doctor recommended the Mirena if i didn't want to go through with either the ablation or hysterectomy, but he did tell me that with the adenomyosis that i had, the Mirena might not be a good idea. It might irritate and cause more pain.

I had this done in JULY/09 I though YES! Bleeding will be less. Well Hell no one told me bout the discharge non stop.I have been having discharge every day since. I felt like there was a smell I went to doctor was told there no smell.I also sleep with heating pad on my lower back cause it hurts all the time. I have headaches.No period for 8 weeks.Thought I was having a baby.Took test NEG. Now backto discharge sometimes I think its gone. Then when sitting an I get OMG discharge,sometimes its light an watery then sometimes its dark as hell.What am I going through. Im happy not to have my period for 3 weeks at a time or longer.And HAPPY iron level came up no more iron pills. YES!I can some what deal with the discharge ,back aches, sleeping with heating pad,feel like my love nest smells,wearing panty liners every day, less sex cause I feel like Im going shoot out blood on my man,fulttering,shoulder pain, and less sex....I hope for the best yet to come.. XD >:(

I had this done 8 days ago, i felt some cramping for a few days and i had some light spotting which seems to have cleared up today, i do still have a watery discharge though which really is hardly noticable except when i wipe after a wee. I have suffered from tiredness and headaches since the op but today is my first day of feeling 'normal' again. As women we are all very different and i urge anyone having any problems after novasure to get in touch with the hospital/clinic that performed the op rather than the gp who will just try to tell you everything is normal. Good luck to everyone who has undergone this and those considering it. It is far to early days to know if this has worked for me but my period was due two days ago and so far nothing and no pms either........... happy days if this works!

I had the NovaSure on Oct 09. I have had daily discharge and backpain as well. I have never had these symptoms prior to procedure. 2 weeks after my procedure I had a full blown pd. I went through the 14plus size pads every 2 hours for 3 days--my normal cycle. When I called my GYN, he stated that I needed to give it time, well 3 months later, I still have my full blown period PLUS severe back pain (like labor pains) and pain around my sternum--just as someone else mentioned. I as well now have cramping wavelike pain when I have to have a bowel movement. I just had another check up with my GYN and he sais the NovaSure doesn't work for 30% of women--I didn't find that info anywhere, and he reccommended a hystorectomy. I asked to retain a copy of my medical records for I am seeking a second opion from a woman GYN, plus an ultra sound to see what is going on. Seems to me "these" list of complications need to be listed. If anyone finds out if there is a directlink to "these" complication, please, let us all know.

Had the Novasure in August 2009. Was told that I will bleed less and have less cramping. Since October, around my period, my periods are very light but I've experienced the worst lower back cramping and I noticed I use the bathroom more frequently and cannot hold my urine as I use to. I'm in pain as I type this. Same time last month in November I ended up in the emergency room as the pain was so great I could barely walk or move. I was told I may have possible gallstones. After all the xrays and CT scans I was told no gallstones. Great! But was told I had a possible bad back strain and a bladder infection, that I didnt know I had. I was given a shot of morphine, that took only 30% of the pain away, some codeine, antibiotics for the ballder infection and was told to use an ice pack and was sent home. After about a week the pain went completely away. Today, 12/22, I'm in pain again. I can barely get up and down out of my chair at work. Same exact symptoms. I've taken 3 tylenols and it hasnt touched the pain. I'm wearing flat shoes, I'm spasming, and at one point the pain was shooting from my lower back to the right back side of my neck. Since my last episode in November I've been fine up until Sunday 12/20 when I noticed the pain was starting again and I have a constant discharge (luckily it doesnt smell). I'm at work and just feel miserable. I've also been getting bad headaches as well. I'm starting to feel like a freakin hypocondriac. Luckily I was able to get an appt to see my General Practitioner today as my GYN is on vacation. Now that Ive read some of the posts on this site I see that other women are experiencing some of the same symptoms. However I havent read about any relief from this problem. I really dont want to have a hysterectomy. There has to be a way other than hysterectomy. They're so quick to want to remove our female organs. Is there an undislcosed market for female organs that we dont know about???? I just want the pain to go away and taking pain relievers, to me, is just putting a band-aide over the problem. I need help and answers.

i think you should find another Dr. who will listen it took me at least 7 Dr. to find one that will listen to you. And have your hormones checked. read suzanne somers book will be very helpful.

I had Novasure performed on January 4/10. So far, so good...very mild symptoms (minimal each of: bloating, cramping, gas, backache, d/c) Does the lack of d/c mean it didn't work as well as it should or am I jinxing my lack of pain? I was expecting to have major d/c as my body sheds the lining or am I totally misinformed??? I must add I have no prior complications, (cysts, endometriosis, or fibriods) had tubal ligation around 6 years ago, and had Novasure because of heavy bleeding and major cramping. Has anyone else had this performed w/o prior complications and had a smooth recovery, MEANING NO BLEEDING AFTER??? THANKS!!! :-D

I am so glad that Nova Sure and ablations have worked for most of you, but to be honest, this is the worst thing I could have ever have done. My periods were always heavy, but now I bleed for at minimum 2 weeks out of the month and for at least a week and a half I am going through a super tampon and a super overnight pad every 45 minutes of so, my doc put me on hormone shots and they helped, but I do not want to be on hormone shots until I go through menopause, so I have an appointment in early Feb and I am going to beg him for a hysterectomy. I am sure many of you girls are cringing and screaming no, but hell, if my hemoglobin goes any lower I will need transfusions. I cannot deal with it anymore and it is really affecting my personal life. Lucky me for being that small percentage that it does not work for!

To be honest, at my 3 month checkup, if this is not to my satisfaction, I will DEMAND hysterectomy. I am sick of periods dictating my life... :-S

I had the procedure done in June 09, and the surgery itself went just fine. I had been bleeding for about 5 months straight heavily, and the day of the surgery I went in and about an hour later I was out and not a drop of bleeding since. The only thing I have experienced is the bad back pain, and a discharge it seems that I go through the PMS around the same time, although I am not having bleeding. I dont know I wonder what happens when I dont have a cycle? what is going on with my insides, and do I need to take some hormones cause I know they are out of wack. At 38 I dont know if I am going through early menopause because of not having a cycle or what??? Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on??

In March of 09 I had a large cyst on my right ovary that was causing excruciating pain. After several tests my gyn and I decided the ovary would need to be removed with the cyst. I was discouraged from getting pregnant again because of other issues and since that was fine with me I had a tubal at the same time. That operation went well, but my periods became even worse. As I was 42 at the time I knew I was in the perimenopause stage with my periods and my doc told me that they would probably get worse before I actually went through menopause, in 6-8 years. Around late July I had the novasure procedure done. Everything went great. One day of cramping, then basically no pain. My doc told me I might have spotting or discharge for about 6 months, but it would get less and less and then probably stop. I did have to wear a liner all the time for the first couple of months, but never anything heavier. Had a couple months of pms and then that basically stopped.

I started having other health issues around October (lost weight really rapidly, sore muscles, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, extreme fatigue, facial tics) and ended up going to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester to get diagnosed. As we thought it was my thyroid, I first saw an endocrinologist. He ran blood work and did other tests to rule out my thyroid (it turned out it was neurological, a nerve disorder) and when I went to the endo for my last visit he mentioned that I was in menopause. Had I been told that? I was like WHAT??!!! My tests showed full blown. I'd been having night sweats pretty bad, but they were occuring with the muscle and nerve disorder and we thought they were related. My FSH level was like 131 or something. He said "your ovaries aren't working" and I said I only have one and he said well, it stopped working. So now they think that (1) The first surgery left me with one ovary that was working, maybe not that great though, (2) The novasure procedure stopped it altogether, (3) the estrogen drop of an abrupt "early menopause" may have been the trigger of my nerve disorder. I carry a very rare antibody that 60% of people with this particular disorder carry. It was dormant until it got "awakened" somehow, possibly by the hormone change.

So my case is not typical with the novasure, but needless to say, no more bleeding or cramping! But the nightsweats are a b*&%$#!

I had the Novasure Procedure on 2/17/10. The anesthesiologist told me I could eat when I got home. Then take Ibruprophen every 4 hours. About 2 hours after procedure I experienced severe pain and cramping. The anesthesia made me throw up. The pain went away after 5 hours. Then slight bright red discharge. The next day felt very tired and still bright red discharge but heavier. Still bleeding today like my period. I was told I could go back to work today 2/21/10. But, I called the physcian on call and explained to him that i feel weak, nausious and bleeding. He said to call my OB/GYN in the morning and have him do blood work. I don't think anyone should has try and go to work right away after this procedure. The female body has suffered a trauma and needs to heal. The (1 to 2 day return to work should be changed on their website. Yes, you might feel better. But your body and mind are two different things. Stay Tuned!! I will keep you posted. Anita

I had the Novasure procedure done on February 11, 2010. Everything went fine though I get get an infection and was put on antibotics. Then 2 weeks after the procedure I found myself in the ER with severe bleeding and passing huge blood clots. After 2 sonograms and a pelvic exam the ER doctor determined that the ablation did not work and my uterus was bleeding. He said I would have to have a hysterectomy. At this point I am very unhappy and upset by everything.

I had the Novasure procedure done in my doctor's office in June of 2009. It was fast, the pain lasted less than a minute, and healing took about a month. Would definately recommend it---it gave me my life back. I was having very heavy periods for a couple years that were getting to be about 15 days apart and lasting 8 days. One month I had my period three times. I was very drained all the time and because of the heavy flow didn't want to go anywhere during my period. Now I have been able to get back to my busy schedule and even take on more and I can even exercise again!

Haven't had a period at all since then until recently. Cramping and PMS was rare until January when I noticed a pink discharge. February there was a little more, and yesterday I seemed to have gotten my period again, this time enough to fill a pantyliner. I called the doctor's office and they want me to come in tomorrow.

It might be an entirely different problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen?

I am 3 weeks post op, and am still having discharge, with a burning odor, and cramping throughout my abdominal area... Not sure what is going on, Dr. said 2-4 weeks, so I am not trying to call until the end of the 4 weeks... I am concerned... would like to start tampons again, because wearing pads 24/7 is giving me diaper rash (lol) but am not sure if it is safe. I did call the Dr. to see if we can begin having sex again, and she said that if I felt up to it, I could.. but all of this discharge :-( Anyway, glad I am not the only one out there with these problems.