What's strange is that mine began about the same time Dawn was given to me to use. Interesting thought. It does fit the time frame but I use it very seldom and the finger is consistently cracking.

I have fingertip eczema. One of the ways it can be treated is with bag balm. Its an intense moisturizer that is used to treat animals. Also putting a moisturizer on your finger and then covering it helped me. Just a suggestion.

I'm relieved that this peeling/cracking of the finger tips is more prevalent. I'm glad I have read these responses because it saved me the expense of a dermatologist. These creams/ointments detailed in this blog sound like they relieve symptoms, but do not address the cause. Has anyone learned the causation?

I see people using the black currant oil. Are they putting the oil on the skin or is it a pill? Mine have been cracking and bleeding for 3 months now... thank you

The dermatologist I visited confirmed what I read on many internet sites;
Dr's don't know what causes most skin conditions that fall under the category of psoriasis or eczema. It may be environmental, or diet and they're happy to test the hell out of you if you can afford it. After years of home experimentation, I've found frequent salt baths with various added essential oils provide much relief, frequent daily applications of bacitracin with zinc keeps the scaly areas almost under control, and gloves for every kind of work helps prevent the condition from worsening.

I just started working at a clothing store in the Mall and it was Oct. 1, 2016 a couple of weeks after starting there I started noticing my thumb and first finger on my right hand were braking out. Then it got over on my left han. Thumb and first finger. Cracking, sore, bleeding,& skin peeling off. I finally went to the dermatology center. They gave me some creams and a topical antibiotic for it. So I have been putting it on before bed time and I would wear white cotton gloves to bed. It would clear up and then come right back. I have tried everthing. Getting vitamins tomorrow. I will try to repost how it all goes.

I have also had this problem for a few years now. I was wearing finger bandages, plasters and sometimes gloves. It's always on the tips of the fingers. Usually on my index finger of right hand and longest finger of left hand and sometimes on other fingers. It starts with a callous which builds and builds and then peels and splits open and eventually bleeds. It feels like it's been cut with a knife and throbs and hurts especially if pressure is applied. It also takes ages for the split to heal and will only do so if it's covered up for a period of time. I changed my hand soap, tried loads of things and by accident found that Shea body butter by the Body Shop seemed to get rid of it completely. I always use this now and also their almond hand soap. However recently I was gutted to see that it had come back and I've no idea why. I am now looking at the idea that it is a fungal infection that manifests every so often. I have a similar condition around my nostrils which may or may not be related and have always had vertical ridges on my finger nails. It is a very inconvenient and often painful condition. I cannot type properly or cook or at one point could not open doors as I could not put any pressure on the afflicted fingers. I have noticed that it seemed to get worse when I was clearing out lots of small items from jars in my living room such as metal and plastic small objects. If I do have an allergy then I have no idea what it might be. I'm afraid the symptoms of what most people are referring to on here are nothing at all like those described by Sasa the MD.

Fish oil and current oil applied topical or eaten?

what is the name of this one?

Eczema or psoriasis are conditions that are generally diagnosed when Dr's don't know what else to say. They admit they don't know what causes it, nor how to cure it, but are happy to run extensive tests and try numerous treatments. In the end, frequent salt soaks and an oft applied salve (like basitracin with zinc) are more likely to keep it under control than anything else. Shortly after my own psoriasis diagnosis I came down with a related arthritis condition in knees and elbows. It's called aging. Get used to it and strive to persevere.

The products you are usin are probably part of your problem. Go to EWG site online and enter your products n see how unsafe they are. Many nail treatments and laquers have very bad ingredients. For example: formaldehyde, butane, wax, etc. Keep in mind, what you put on your nails, goes into your bloodstream. Try this and see how it works for you. Coconut oil for moisture. Its excellent for so many things, bacteria cannot live in it either. Loose the mainstream nail stuff and try mineral fusion, better, safer choice, n ptetty good polish, not thin. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have the same problem. It started with my thumb and traveled over to my ring finger and middle finger. It is now on my other thumb. I have had this for months and have been wearing a white cotton glove with oil during the night that helps but it always comes back. I have now little bumps on the side of my hand that itches. Are these itchy bumps due to my peeling fingers?

Hello Jake,
How goes it? Is your condition still gone? Just a floow-up if you have a moment!
Thanks
Jojo

hI gUEST, hOW ARE YOU NOW?

Hi there my fingers always peels of need help