I also just bought some skintifique cream on Amazon that is supposed to help with metal contact. I bought a protective cream and a moisterizing cream.

I have the peeling and have seen many doctors Including a derma. They say that it is a nuisance rather than a health issue, so we should all be less concerned. They all say that it is dry hands, I still maintain that it is stress related. Nevertheless, I have been using concentrated shea butter and for the past two months, peelin has been kept to a minimum. Maybe give that a shot and what has the doctors say is the problem
With your situation??

They really have not come up with an answer for me. If my doctors told me that then I would tell them to come watch me wipe my ass when they are like they are currently. Very painful. Sorry for that visual but it is the truth. They have never mentioned stress but I don't think it is the cause. Just funny how it is isolated to only three fingers on one hand. Really hoping it is the cell phone causing the issues. If I hold in left hand, then the middle or forefinger are used primarily on the screen. If I hold in right hand then I use my thumb on right hand. These are the three fingers affected.

I wish I could attach a picture so everyone could see if it looks the same as everyone else.

MY PROBLEM AND SOLUTION

I have had many of the same problems I've read about here....... extremely dry skin on my hand (I'm an amputee, so only have one), cracks that are SO painful, and peeling fingertips, again SO painful and they bleed. I have had this for about 6 months. It started for me when I was given Plavix medication after heart stents. Now, I had used it 3 years before with no problems, but, this time around, my body decided nope, not this time. I had a full body systemic rash and THAT is when the problem started with my hand. Been to two dermatologists and used various steroid creams with no help. Prednisone would "cure" it, but it would return after my short course was finished. I was always told it was an allergy, unknown.

I had a 103 patch test and was found to be allergic to nickel, neoprene, acrylates, and another chemical/fragrance. Anyway, after eliminating everything I could think of that would be an issue, it still wasn't  getting better. Nothing was helping. I was sitting here, thinking (about 3 weeks ago) and it came to me …… could it be my beloved Mac? It's a laptop and always in my lap with my hand resting on it. Then I noticed (and recalled the dermatologist commenting on it) that the problem was not in the center of the palm of my hand! If the problem was something I was putting on my hand (lotion, etc.) or something I was immersing my hand in (dish soap, etc.) it would be all over my hand, right? So, I started doing research on this and Apple uses an aluminum full body case and that has nickel in it! There are lots of people finding themselves allergic to it! Anyway, I read about using a full body Invisible Shield (like on your phone screens, etc.) but then decided on using a full skin for it. I ordered a HOT pink one. It covers all parts except the edge (which I avoid) even the keyboard. Since I started using it, my hand has improved tremendously. It’s still healing the dryness, but, if you don’t look closely, my hand looks pretty normal. I’m actually typing this full steam ahead with no pain in my fingertips. Yay!!! 

So, folks, my conclusion is that, for me, anyway, it truly was contact dermatitis caused by my nickel allergy (also got rid of my neoprene wrist rest for my laptop which I'm allergic to.) If you have tried other things, please give serious thought to you having an allergy problem. Study your hands..... where is the reaction? All over or just one portion of your hand? Then think about what you do with that hand(s) to see if you might have some kind of allergy to  some innocent thing in your life. If it's nickel, it is EVERYWHERE which is the pits. 

As I type this, my hand is only slightly dry .... haven't even put lotion on it yet this morning. No cracks. No pain. No bleeding. It's been about 3 weeks. I hope I have figured it out and that my healing continues. Any doctor that says this is more than just an inconvenience, doesn't know his rear end from a hole in the ground! Yes, it is inconvenient, but it's also very painful and impacts our life significantly. Also, folks tend to frown on you bleeding all over everything, lol. 

One last thing ..... aren't you glad? .....After trying multiple lotions/creams/ointments, I settled on using Eucrin Intensive Repair Cream for Very Dry Skin. I love this and it has made a significant improvement in the comfort level for my hand. Also, I didn't know this ..... OK, I told a white lie I have one more thing to say ...... I never knew the difference between ointments, creams, and lotions until now. Ointments are the thickest and often require a prescription. Creams are still thicker and slightly greasy. Lotions are least effective for major hydration because they are thinner and contain a lot of water. Creams for me!

Good luck everyone!

Patch Test Results are in! I had a slight reaction to Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Decyl Glucoside, and Balsam of Peru. No allergy to Nickel. The first two are commonly found in skin care products, shampoos, etc. The first one being found in my hair gel which I predominantly use my right hand when applying. Still not sure if these are the culprit but at least I have a start and will start eliminating these items from my everyday use.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Hopefully peeling is gettting better.
You mentioned that you have cracks too right?

Me too. usually on my right hand, always starts on same fingers. triggered by drinking alcohol, or products with alcohol removed. its itchy and I know this is gross but i end up biting off the dead skin. i also siffer with exceama on my arms and legs when i had too much dairy products , plus on my stomach if it comes in contact with nickel on my belt. the fingers respond well to my execame cream but i cant use this on broken skin so you have to catch it before it cracks. fingers seem to be worse if i am ill or under stress.

My wife has this recurring problem and she has been pretty successful with two meds Tetrix moisturizing cream and CeraVe Moisturizing cream

Here is an update to my condition...it is still a nuisance, but I have found a fairly inexpensive resolution to the stinging pain that is caused by the cracks in my fingertips...Carmex lip balm...i put a dab on them when they hurt and it not only dries up the cracks quicker, I no longer have to put band aids on my finger tips to protect them...I hope it works for you

Hi
I have the same problem since 2 years.. used many creams & oils.. nothing helps .. did that black current oil help

I too used bandaids for more than a year with creams inside.. in vain

Began to read this topic about two years ago.

My problem seemed to be from products containing SLS - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - which is used to create foaming in shampoo, soaps, dishwashing liquid, toothpaste, etc. When I used products without SLS, my skin problems reduced to almost nothing.

Hope this helps some of you!

By the way, the black current oil did not work...but the Carmex Lip Balm has worked extremely well for me

As I have detailed this beginning six months ago, I do hope that most of you see this and it will help...one night I was putting Carmex lip balm on my lips and it occurred to me that it is for cracked, dry lips...I began applying it to the fingers that were cracked approximately a month ago and I am happy to say that for a dollar a tube, I haven't had to put a band-aid on any fingers since I began using it...I do get flare ups, but nothing like it once was, which was painful and debilitating...but I put the Carmex on and it takes the sting out and clears it up - Good Luck