Well unfortunately I am still at a loss and just about every finger tip is flaring up. I stopped using the hair gel but this obviously was not the issue. Going back to dermatologist next week and I have an appt with an allergist the following week.

This cream did nothing, fyi.

I have tried the Carmex lip balm, as suggested by Peppa...I realize that everyone is unique and different, but this actually does work...I apply a little dab to each area and massage it in...and it has removed the dry skin, cleared the painful cracking and I no longer require band-aids...what a relief that something so simple works...thank you for sharing, Peppa

Greetings I had the split finger tips that none of the doctors could cure then I found one home remedy [ out of a womans cure all magazine ] that worked for about 25 years [ it was taking a flaxseed oil pill daily 1000 mg ] then all of a sudden the split finger tips started all over again and this remedy will not work now so I am going to try the black currant seed and find out if that will work -- sure hope so as very painful everyday David ----dk770

I have the same problem ,but I know what is causing mine. When I was very young I was diagnosed with chemical allergies. My doctor told me to watch my body and only use allergy free products. I have watched my bodies reaction to everything I come in contact with. The peeling finger tips on me is caused by something I ingested. Certain vitamins and medications will cause this to happen to my fingertips. I know what I can have and what I can't. I never combine 2 new products at the same time. Certain shampoos, toothpastes, and mouthwashes can cause severe headaches. So get to know your body and pay attention to what you eat ingest or use on it. The most unlikely products today can cause a reaction to a person with chemical allergies.

My fingertips have stopped peeling—
5 weeks ago I quit taking daily doses of low-dose aspirin and One-a-day brand (for men over 50) vitamins. I also started taking a daily Zyrtec-equivalent (generic) allergy pill. My solution appears to be one or a combination of these three things. My fingers have been clear for over four weeks.

im not surprised, its what farmers use to remove warts from cattle .

I just realised that i am allergic to MILK since i stopped drinking milk 3 months ago i have never seen my hands this good someone should try this with me to confirm. I tried all other things milk was my last try abd it has worked...

Maybe you are allergic to milk try avoiding any kind o milk for 1 month

You saved me..what are we allergic to?

You may be allergic to dairy stop dairy products for 1 month and see the difference