sometimes it runs in the family... my boyfriends grandpa has it, his father and now him. vomiting every morning we have no clue whats wrong

sometimes it runs in the family. my boyfriends grandfather has it, and his father aswell, now he does it every morning. nobody knows why

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM YOU ARE NOT ALONE IM 30 AND HAVE HAD EVERY TEST DONE TOO IVE PUKED SINCE I WAS A KID I WAKE UP SO SICK PUKE A FEW TIMES AS THE DAY GOES I FEEL OK GO TO SLEEP DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN I HATE IT AND FEEL LIKE THEIR IS SOMETHING WRONG BUT THE DOCTORS SAY TAKE YA MEDS YAYAYA NAUSEA MEDS HELP BUT THAN I END UP WITH A HEADACHE FROM THE SIDE EFFECTS.. YOU ARE NOT ALONE :(

I've read your post with interest. For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to hold anything down; just throw up several times a day now. I'm not getting enough nutrition and am constantly getting more & more dehydrated. I know. I'm starting to worry about the big C word now. It's getting harder and harder to be able to do my job. I'm always miserable and my whole intestinal tract just feels sick most of the time. Can anyone help me, please?

I had the same problem. It started after I started  to drink energy vitamin. Now even that I,m not taking it anymore the symptoms continuous . :(. 

hello, i have a 17 year old daughter that suffers from the same thing every morning she wakes up before she takes a shower she starts to throw up and complains about her stomach as well ive taken her to the doctors and they have not been able tell us nothing shes been like this for about 5 years and it is heartbreaking to see her go thru dis....

Hi everyone, same problem here. I am 21 y.o., college student, not very active, starting smoking weed (no ciggs) 3 years ago, but I used to have really bad stomach pains before hand. Recently I've thrown up after waking up the last 3 days. My best guess is that late night eating is a large contributor.

The best thing I have found is to eat some yogurt later in the day, and that really helps the nausea and upset stomach the next morning.

Oh yeah, and all that phlegm that had built up over the 3 years of smoking (also from being sick a few times) actually got ejected yesterday on my 3rd day of morning throw ups. So I can't say it's all bad, maybe that had something to do with it too.

Good luck y'all, hope you guys get some relief.

I blame it on our screwed up ecosystem. but the herb does help! :-|:-)

If you're drinking lattes then you might want to think about milk as the culprit. I have nasal drip problems and dairy makes it worse. Try black coffee for a while and see if there's a change.

I had my tonsils out and that's pretty much where my problems started. I had allergies before that but my nasal drip (which causes my vomiting) only started since then.

Same problem guys, I'm 27 years old I've been throwing up every day since 13 years old.  Very difficult to function on a consistent basis.  I was supposed to go to a wedding today and I couldn't go, nothing new, its just that a few hundred ppl isn't exactly a great cure for uncontrollable vomiting and serious stomach pain.  Been to many doctors, many stomach tests, upper gi, colonoscopy, endoscopy, nuclear medicine, etc.  They never found anything wrong until recently, all of the stress on my digestive system has caused diverticulitis and gastroparesis.  I used to just throw up when I woke up, now I also have problems using the bathroom too, constipation.  The only thing that helps is smoking pot, I wasn't smoking when this started at the age of 13 but it didn't take long for me to notice how it helped my nausea.  The problem is that I throw up as soon as I wake up, don't even have time to smoke, it's like the only reason I am even waking up is to throw up.  I'm very intelligent, full scholarships to high school, college, 3.9 gpa, too bad it all goes to waste since I cant get to the same place every day at the same time.  The stress of not being able to function has caused anxiety over the years, which just makes the situation worse.  I've tried to push my schedule back further and further throughout the years but the only time I can seem to consistently start my day is 6pm which is pathetic.  But I wind up staying up late all the time bc I never feel sick at night.   After waking up I need anywhere between 2 and 6 hours to get myself feeling "normal".  Good luck guys.  

same problem here its acid reflux take some prevacid i also smoke weed which help the nausea but causes phlegm which upsets you stomach more the next day and if u smoke cigs like me it really make its alot worse

I completely agree. Around age 9 I started having the problem of throwing up every morning, and sometimes throughout the day. When I found marijuana I was first in to it for the social aspect and "getting high." Now, many years later (I'm now 22) I have found a plethora of benefits of the plant. The utmost important one for me was curing the vomit/nausea episodes almost instantaneously. I would like to add I am like you and have taken stomach acid medication for about the same amount of time. At age 12 I was even taking the strong stuff like Nexium. I have no doubt that the vomiting-when-you-wake-up occurs from acid reflux somehow. Although I have never gone to a doctor to be diagnosed, I probably have IBS, and so do you. The best way is to just try to cope with it as best and as positively as you can! -also, seriously take control of your diet. Find the foods that best suit you, then try and balance everything to perfect health. If you decide to start using Marijuana there are many alternatives to smoking it. I like to, but in regards to the subject at hand I honestly can say smoking marijuana right when you wake up jars the phlegm that is already in your throat (if your a smoker, much worse because it has added the most to itself overnight). This sudden movement triggers an immediate run to the BR... I am intrigued to do a field study on some theories as to that impulse of this weird sickness because of the way I think the physical aspects happening in the throat effect the cognitive activity that occurs from the event. Thus saying that the impulse to go throw up might be more cognitive than physical need. Perhaps not, and I'm just rambling at this point but back to topic I think we have similar "issues" and your right for a long, long time I was discouraged and disheartened by them. I suppose the main reason I'm writing to you is because I would hope someone would do the same for me.... Everything changed with marijuana. In my opinion, life is way better

damn dude.. I replied to this post a second ago but seriously..... SAME f*****g situation. As far as people who are also in this boat, more power to us to finish college - because it is BS trying to keep up. SERIOUS BS and you know I hardly think about my setbacks ----which include this crazy body and smoking a bunch of weed.

Finally I decided to search the web to see if anybody else was going through the same trauma as me - just to talk about it... In some senses I'm glad that I found this site and to know I'm not alone but in others it saddens me to know all of you are in the same nightmare. I am 38 - have had this for the last 20 odd years. Every morning. have had the tests,, doctors, tried pills, diet etc, etc but nothing works. I have to sleep with a big cup next to me because the second my mind becomes cognisant in the morning I start to throw up. Nausea n retching last an hour or 2. This has been with me through good times and bad in my life but never changes... It has gotten to the point that when I'm in that half dream state before waking up, all I want to do is to continue to sleep because I know what's coming and it's inevitable. What once started off as a nuisance became hell (and in some circumstances, incredibly embarassing!). All I can put it down to is either i've been a pregnant man for twenty years or have a stage fright of life!

Either way - just writing this has helped. Not something you bring up in normal conversation! Any words of wisdom would be deeply appreciated - unfortunately I am allergic to THC (not kidding!) so that won't work - sure it's saved me a lot of money tho!