hey guys... so i am also 14 and i wanna lose weight too... i weigh 208. uhmmm. reading this, these posts like dont you think its kinda sad? were so young. and i mean... believe me i know! its hard to just let it go but what is fat anyway? i mean really it wont madder when we die. were not on this earth for our own pleasure... just saying.

Ladies, I am tweleve years old, and I would like to lose weight also. I am doing this for myself, my body and nobody else. I weigh 134 pounds, but i dont look at the number because it doesnt matter. Just look at your health and your heart. Eat lots of veggies and get a lot of exercise with a lot of water. That should do the trick. Most importantly dont do it because people talk, all you ladies are beautifully and wonderfully made, and its out job to take care of ourselves... :-P

Anonymous wrote:

Well, wouldn't you want to be healthy enough to enjoy your pleasures in life?

And high school will be more challenging....Perfectly trim is nice, but not needed to enjoy fun things...But 208 at 14 is downright dangerous unless you are over 6 feet tall.

Please consider making an effort to be phyically active everyday for at least an hour and to eat more healthy food choices. Junk foods are more of an emotional crutch that gets you nowhere, because your issues will still be there after the food satisfaction is gone (and you will have those calories to deal with). Dangerous short term pleasure...been there, done that.

It's time to take charge of your life. It's time for you to have energy to enjoy your life, not be a victim of your food choices.

And yes, your parents are doing you a disservice letting you get that obese. They should be helping you to learn to make good choices and to learn how to get out and have fun. Maybe they're too tired from the daily stresses to help you. Heck I know I get tired, but it's a responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly.

It seems to be a part of the culture now. A dangerous course. We may not be perfect. But if we take steps every day to better ourselves, we will succeed. And if we take moments to enjoy the small, and fun things in life, then we will enjoy the blessings that give us courage to better ourselves and to have joy. And joy helps spread positive energy that we all need - both physcially and emotionally.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

Sorry,

I just had a ranting moment

ok im years old and i weigh at least 150 lbs and im so uncomfortable about my weight im kind of tall and i excersize everyday so much i swim 2 hours on friday 4-5 hours on saturday and 3 hours on sunday and i walk for a whole hour each day monday through friday and im extremely athletic and summer is a few weeks away and next year i haved to change in front of all the girls for gym class nobody makes fun of me i just feel like i need to change my weight im hoping to lose at least 30 pounds by seventh grade which is about 2 and a half months away i always drink water i dont like soda i should be skinnier i have tried everything i eat mexican alot but its homeade we dont usually go out and when my mom gets paid we usually buy healthy food this summer im staying with my family in a different state and they are overweight partly because they eat takeout all the time and snack all day and they NEVER excersize i will try to keep away from the junk food but a 12 yr old can only stay away from it for so long we have diabetes in my family i dont have it ......yet but my 7 yr old sister does and that is really why i wan to lose weight . did i mention im a girl i dont know if that matters but i leave it there plz plz plz plz write me back with good info

Guest wrote:

i need to lose weight. .. 173 pounds. i kno discusting! im so tierd of being obbese. i dont want to tlak to my mom about this kinda of thing. can anyone pleace help me finde a better diet plane and what should i do for excersice?(i hate running/jogging) :cry:

i'm also twelve and about 5"4 & i just weighed myself & i'm at 171.2 lbs.. (freakishly tall and overweight for my age D: ) im doing pretty good because i weighed like 180 like 3 weeks ago. anyway, what i do is only eat when necessary. ok so this is my schedule..

7:40 AM- wake up
8:20 AM- eat breakfast (whatever i have i make sure it says diet or light. Or i just drink orange juice & skip the breakfast)
11:10 AM- have a snack ( FRUIT ONLY )
1:10 PM- Go outside for a while and walk the dog or play tag with someone or go to the park with siblings
5:00 PM- Have another snack (AGAIN, FRUIT ONLY & i have it if im hungry or i wait a bit for dinner)
8:30 PM- Dinner ( Eat vegetables!!)
11:00 PM- Go to sleep ^.^

use this is u think it might help :]

~ good luck !

Anonymous wrote:

Are you truly overweight? You said you were tall - how tall? 150 and 5'6" with a lot of exercise? You might just have a lot of muscle. If you're shorter, well, you might not be too overweight. You need to take into account how much muscle you have. Keep building your muscle - it'll help you to keep burning calories. My daughter is that weight and height, but she's very fit from soccer and she doesn't look overweight.
Swimming is excellent exercise. Stay active when you go to your relatives and keep trying to eat healthy.

If you truly feel overweight, then make a few small changes at a time to see if it helps. A few less bites. No sodas at the fast food places. Try to pick the healthier options when thay take you there. Stick with your water.

I'm glad you're trying to avoid the diabetes in your family. It's not easy, but you're on the right path.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am also 14. I keep fit by running each day after school. I eat a lot of boiled, and grilled chicken. I also drink water. If you dont like to run, then you can power walk, dance, swim, or even run up and down the stairs for awhile. Things like this will get you results. Just remember that starving yourself, or over exersising is not good for your body, so when you feel like you cant take it anymore, you should stop. Just know your body before you do anything. If nothing works you may want to go see a nutritunist to see if they can help balance your diet and exersise. I hope this helped!

helpful wrote:

You are ise beyond your years. Great suggestion.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

I meant wise beyond your years.

Great thoughts.

Guest wrote:

i am 14 years old and i want to lose weight by next yeas i weigh 256 and i really want to be at at least 125 or 165. before next year and it is hard to stay on a diet. my family desnt buy diet food and when i tell them to they say oh no you want like that. and i real need to know what to do to lose that weight can someone please help me? :cry:

Hii:D Well i have tried everything from starving to well everything.My family dosent buy healthy foods either!
My sister only ate once a day and lost a ton!But you need to eat more than that!I HATE my school lunches so i dont eat them nor do i eat Breakfast. THIS IS GONNA SOUND SOOO SILLY!!!Think yourself think.Wake up and say im thinnloohowsmallIam or omglookhowsmallmyjeanssizeis!! Trick your brain you can-eat healthy and think!
HOPE IT WORKS CAUSE IM GONNA TRY IS TOO :P :lol:

Hi you guys, I am fourteen and I weigh 175lbs. and i am 5'6" tall. I am trying to lose weight too! My method is a success! I have been eating almost half of what I normally eat at each meal, NO SECONDS, walking for 15 minutes 3 days out of the week and jog for 15 minutes 2 days out of the week. I eat sweets like 3 days a week but not much at all! For example if i eat sweets then i eat only 3 small spoonfuls of icecream or eat 8 chips or even like 3 bites of cake, it doesn't take much to get over a sweet tooth. I also do 5 pushups, 20 situps, 50 jumping jacks, and some other excersises every day after i run or jog. It will take some time if you decide to do this i started two weeks ago and i have already lost 5 pounds. TO be a 14 year old girl, I think I am doing great! :D

You're on a great start!

sweeet heart im 15 and i kno its hard to loose weight but the best thing to do right now is to sign up to the gym what im doing and eat what ever you want but very little of it and before every meal drink two cups of water to get you full so u wont eat as much get me. im 156 but most of it is muscle cuz i work out a lot. but overall you should do my routine u will get best results! :D:!: :!:

hello honey:)
its not disgustin, it happens to most people, dontworry about it , just ask your mum if you can go to a gym nearby to where you live. but some gyms dont take 12 year old,its mostly 14 year olds, im am planning on joining the gym soon;cuz i fear im overweight too i weigh 147 lbs and im 14. take a daily run when u come in from school and in the morning at the weekend , it will help and also eat a lot of fruit of veg :-)
good luck x