First of all, thank you so much firstman for reporting what you derm has found and for providing all the information of the medicine your doctor gave you. With that I could finally recover.

Let me report my history:
I had those itchy, oozing bumps for quiet some time (every few weeks) for a few years but in the last six month it became terrible. In the the last three month it was a real mess, my face looked bad as hell.

My observations about it were (I am 25 years old):
- cyclical (every 10 days in beginning, later every 3-4 days)
- new appeared frequently close to old ones soon
- they appeared more frequently around forehead and next to the nose
- it became worse and started to affect the neck
- at the end an akne like skin developed on my forehead

I visited 4 derms. Nobody had a clue! Two diagnosed impetigo contagiosa, one rosazea and one other did not even try. Therefore, I took antibiotics for more than 10 weeks and with Doxycyline it got a very little bit better (actually literature tells that demodex don't like Doxycyline).

Finally, I found this thread and the report of firstman. I visited three of the four derms and asked them to do a skin scraping. But they told me they never did it before and were not able. They did not believed me and the internet. But I could convince each derm to prescribe at least one of the drugs firstman received.

Your prescribed medicine is not fully available in every country in Europe. But if you live in Europe you can import Soolantra (ivermectin cream) from Germany and Stromectol (ivermectin pill) from France. Metronidazole is a standard antiparasitic drug that is available everywhere and it supports the ivermectin (increases the speed of recovering).

After 6 days taking the cream (was still waiting for the imported Stromectol) I recognised that my faced slowly cleared. It became better and just after 10 days (it's exactly the time period demodex live) I had two a new small bumps. But now after 3 weeks everything is gone. The derms were absolutely shocked because they never experienced something like that. After I read about demodex, I think many akne and rozazea releated issues are also caused by them. We just had an even worse reaction from this overpopulation of mites.

So again, firstman thank you so much. Without you I guess I would still suffer. Did your derm told you anything about taking the cream once a year or something similar, because the mite population might come back? Because it is impossible to kill all.

Hi i am suffering from exactly the same symptoms my Dr seemed to think it might be
fungal how ever i am using aloe gel with tea tree the aloe sooths the itching and the tea tree is drying the spots hope this helps good luck.

Firstman here.....i am very happy that I could've help. God knows that if i could've found someone in the three years that I was was suffering i would been just as thankful. I am a 25 year old male with no history of acne what's so ever so I was totally dumb found (as well as the inexperienced derms Idealt with) but aat last I finally found a cure for this horrible looking issue. Once again you are very welcome, and have a beautiful clear skin life!

Interesting, I also wanted to get this treatment (ivermectin) before I found this thread, just to rule out a possible demodex/scabies involvement.

I have the same symptoms since 2012:
-Only on the face
-Pustules, white heads alike pimples that result in yellow/orange/amber oozing and yellow crusts.
-Itch

I have been tested negative for staph in the nose, throat and groin/perineum area.

An oral fungal treatment (itraconazole) did not work. Oral antibiotic doxycyline did not work. Oral antibiotic flucloxacillin maybe a bit, but is so, then only temporary for a week. Topical antibiotic fusidic acid did not work. Anti parasite cream permethrin did not work (and demodex did survive, microscope confirmed by myself). All kinds of topical treatment didn't work. Some topical treatment make it worse, such as: tea-tree oil and possibly sulfur creams. (Those are often topical treatments that target demodex.)

The primary symptoms (the oozing fluid and yellow crusting) suggest impetigo, although it is unclear why I wasn't tested positive against impetigo causing agents (staph). Possibly the staph colonization sites are at a different body area, or it is something else.

In my long research, I did came up with the possibility of demodex (thats why I bought topical permethrin cream myself). Although I didn't work, demodex survived (microscope confirmed by myself) and the symptoms didn't go away. I do want to get oral ivermectin just to rule demodex/scabies out, although I'm still wondering how to convince the doctor.

The theory that I have (or better said, the hypothesis that I want to test/rule out) is whether demodex is carrying staph and thereby is spreading staph, the primary impetigo causing agent.
Note that about 60-90% is the population carries demodex, so the existence of demodex in a patient isn't necessarily a problem. But at least one study has shown that demodex is able to function as a vector for staph. And staph is the primary infective agent/bacteria for impetigo. Normally people with recurrent/continuous impetigo carry staph in their nose or throat, and those are the colonization sites that are usually tested, but the question is whether a demodex is contributing to staph colonization and impetigo.

@Guest, how is your progress? Did you notice an initial breakout during the start of the treatment?

Also wanted to add:

One thing that does clearly work for me is the topical corticosteroid triamcinolone: it removes the itch, pustules and yellow crusts within days. But the problem with topical corticosteroid is that they aren't healthy for the skin on the long term, and they focus on the symptoms instead of the cause, and they easily cause a rebound effect (in which it temporary gets worse) when stopping with them (due to the skin getting addicted to it).
From other posts of people on the Internet with similar symptoms, I have also seen that topical corticosteroids are able to reduce symptoms.
But for me, I don't feel safe using it.

@Guest, I have a question about ordering stromectol and soolantra. Is there a way to contact you in private? Maybe via ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed (A Minds group that I have created because of this problem. You can register anonymously.)

I am suffering as well. My face has new itchy oozy bursting bumps everyday. It oozes and dries to a crusty orangish hard film over it. Idk

HEllo! will you please post here the exact medication to take ?
I'm lost with all these guests posting!
Thank u so much !!!

I have the same problem went to the doctor and he said it's (spelling probably not correct) sebarageous dermatitis. I started drinking three teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar and it really has helped. I dilute it in water or put on salad. I still get them but not nearly as much. You can also dilute and put on cotton ball to apply helps get rid of them quicker.

In his posts, he says: "Soolantra" and "metroconazole ( an antibiotic)".

Soolantra is a new topical version of ivermectine. Available in the US and currently being rolled out in Europe.

"metroconazole" is probably wrong, he probably means Metronidazole. He doesn't specifically mention whether he got a topical or oral version of Metronidazole, but since he is already using a topical med, I assume he means the oral version.

Seborrheic dermatitis by itself doesn't describe the pustular oozing liquid symptom that people here describe here as the primary symptom. (But this doesn't rule out Seborrheic dermatitis in the causes of the people here, because it may be a combination of disease.)
If you want, you can upload a photo of the problem here: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

If you live in Europe you can import Stromectol from France through your local pharmacy. You do not need a prescription in France to buy it.
For Soolantra I needed a prescription from my doctor, but as it is a topic treatment they do not hassle to prescribe it usually even if they do not know it (you should expect that they have no idea unfortunately).
It is also available in new Zealand and in the US what I read so far. Is this information sufficient? Please avoid to order it from those weird and untrustworthy websites spreading in the Web.

You went to France recently? Or bought it from a French online pharmacy?
(I live in The Netherlands.)

As I said: Go to a pharmacy and ask them to import it from France for you (you might need a prescription, I am not sure about the laws in Netherlands). If it is not approved in your (EU) country but in another EU country, they can import it from France for you.
Personally, I asked a friend living in France to save money as you get it there without prescriptions. If you buy it directly in France it is around 20 EUR. If you buy it from your local drug store, they might charge you something on top for the service.

Can you guys confirm that you have something similar to this?
(To make sure that we are talking about the same thing.)
http://postimg.org/image/s68bb3iv5/