This (the pictures including the yellow spots) is how it looked like after removing the crusts and waiting for around 5 min in my case. After some time it crusted but increased in size during time as it still oozed below the crust.

If your pictures were taken like I described, yes, we are talking about the same thing!

I live in Belgium, am 25y/o and got the same things for ages..
At last, we're getting close of solving the problem.
Thanks to the internet!
Cheers to you all ppl suffering of that sh*t.
The sh*t is almost over!

Got some Soolantra (topical ivermectin) today, hope it is going to work.

@Guest from Belgium, your problem is similar to: http://postimg.org/image/s68bb3iv5/ ?

Some questions:-What meds have you tried?-How many doctors did you see, and what was their diagnosis?

I would love to see some pics from other users here, to see how similar the skin problems are. As a non-medical person, for my skin problem, I have looked at a lot different photos all over the Internet, but haven't found much exact similar looking photos. Impetigo comes close, but is usually more patch formed than pustular.

I am the guest who thanked firstman before (clear skin after long time suffering through ivermectin) and recommended you to get the ivermectin, too!

I took the Soolantra ointment every night before I went sleeping. Personally in the first week taking it I didn't see an improvement but after 2 weeks it cleared undeniably! In week 2-4 it was week and from then on I have a clear skin. So please take it for a while now and report whether it helped you, too! Stromectol combined with metronidazole speeded things further up (week 2-4 in my case). Have a look in the rosacea literature on how to effectively kill demodex and also to find some scientific hypotheses how demodex trigger bacteria.

Here are three pictures I took when I had the disease: http://postimg.org/gallery/24be54oqm/ (first picture after removing the crust, the next two after the ooze crusted.

I wish you a clear face very soon, too! Keep us updated!

Among the hundreds/thousands of photos that I have googled, your photos look strikingly similar and probably is the closest what I have seen that matches my problem.If others also want to post photos, feel free to upload them.So I'm able to detect demodex on my own skin, and thus I can check whether Soolantra is able to remove them.A roundup/summary of possible medications for everybody here:-Topical metronidazole (brand name Metrogel, 1%) (also available in Xin Fumanling Cream, XFcream, 3%, and also includes some herbs)-Oral metronidazole (brand name Flagyl)-Topical ivermectin (brand name: Soolantra, 1% cream, new med, not widely available yet) (another brand name: Sklice, 0.5% lotion for the head, used for head lice)(also available for animals)-Oral ivermectin (brand names: Stromectol, for rosacea) (brand name for animals: Heartgard, pill form) (brand name for animals: Ivomec, 1% injectable liquid, used by some people as a topical for themselves), (brand name: Mectizan, Ivexterm and Scabo 6)-Zhongzhou Zinc oxide and sublimed sulphur ointment, also known as ZZ Cream.-Topical permethrin cream/lotion-Topical crotamitonI think I stick with topical metronidale + topical ivermectin for a while to see how it goes. I'm also reluctant to start with oral metronidazole or oral ivermectin at this moment, because it may trigger a large initial breakout due to dying demodex mites, which may release bacteria that cause a worsening of the symtoms. Also oral metronidazole and ivermectin may case serious side effects, although I willing to risk those if nothing else helps.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've had the problem people are describing here for about 15 years. I've seen about 7 dermatologists who all said it was acne (but accutane and other standard treatments didn't help at all). Benzaclin gel helps but is expensive and very drying.

The photos people have posted look very much like what happens to me -- itchy bumps that ooze and crust over, and sometimes bleed. (Lesions that recur in the same place usually manifest the same way.)

I haven't heard of demodex, I'll definitely follow this thread to see how treatments are working for people. I'm a bit skeptical of Soolantra but maybe I'll give it a shot, and head back to the dermatologist to discuss.

I am the guest from Belgium.
i Got the same things, http://postimg.org/gallery/3h1b2z4i6/2fc2fa20/ !
I don't understand, is soolantra the only medication to take ? and for how long ?

Thanks, for sharing the photos. Definitely looks like the same thing.
It's unclear what the exact medical name of the problem is, and it's also unclear what the exact cause is. Therefor, a clear solution isn't know yet. But two users in this thread have good results with Soolantra, a topical cream containing ivermectine, that directly targets demodex. Demodex is a small mites that almost all people have, but it can cause problems for some people.
There are multiple oral and topical medicines that target mites such as demodex, and there are also non-prescriptive creams available that may kill demodex, such as tea tree oil. But Soolantra is a new medicine (not available yet in all countries), and may be the best solution.

Guest from Belgium here!
Gonna do a skin scrapping as fast as possible and talk about soolantra and demodex to my dermatoligist. Then she'll be able to tell me for how long the medication is to be used.
Will le you all updated.
Have a nice day.

About tea tree oil... I've been using it during months without seeing a notable improvement..
My skin just became more irritated and red.

Hi, I have had the same problem as many of you. Happens at least 2-3 times every month, going on 20+ years. I've had the things cut off my face and analyzed by the best doctors in Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins Baltimore. Nothing stops them from happening. I've taken every antibiotic. I've put every cream on my face. It is something wrong inside you, within your blood. I quit going to dermatologists 5 years ago because they can only see it from a skin perspective, which it really is not. I don't know if anyone out there has ever beat this thing. People like us post about it on the internet, but you never read posts from anyone who has actually beaten it. If they are getting better, they're not telling the rest of us about it.

Here's what I can tell you from 20+ years of fighting it.
Discovering your triggers is a full-time job. It took me many years to figure out things as simple as lemons and oranges or yogurt were triggers for me. I can eat 10 grapefruits with no problem, but a little bit of lemon and I've got orange ooze gooing out of my face.

I have a very good primary doctor, but what has really helped me start to make new progress is to see a good naturopath. I went to one who was useless and made me never want to see a naturopath again. Then some 6 years later, I started to see a different one. To give you an idea, my first appointment with the guy lasted 3 hours. we went through the whole history of my life. This is something you won't get from a regular doctor who is trying to get you out of the office to see the next sick bastard in line.

20 years into the fight, I'm convinced it is not a bacterial, yeast or viral infection of any type. It is your body's way of dumping toxins from something it is fighting within. I will tell you a random, but telling story. I had this really cheap token from some kids arcade laying around the house. Don't ask why, but put it up to a tree in my back yard and hammered it into the tree. Over the next few weeks, the tree began to weep sap over the spot where I'd nailed the token into its flesh. I finally went in and removed the token, but the tree continued weeping for a long time after that. I had to put some kind of special spray into the wound eventually. So, I have this theory that the goo coming out of your face is a healing mechanism of the body. It's different than impetigo, which is almost the same thing but created by bacteria.

I highly recommend reading a book called "Why Can't I get Better?" It is a book about ways to analyze and treat chronic conditions like what many of us are suffering. Even if you do not have Lyme disease, I feel like this book will give you a big perspective on the type of health care you are seeking.

Good luck to you. I also want to mention there is a website dedicated specifically to just this nasty oozing yellow/orange crust disease. Y

See y'all in the gooey, crusty yellow trenches. It's gonna be a fight!

Are you mixing it with a carrier oil? Personally, I do 50/50 jojoba and tea tree. It stung the first time I did it, but after that I felt nothing and my skin tolerated it pretty well. Hasn't made the problem go away though.

The same for me (guest from Belgium).I stopped it

Excuse me, but I don't agree at all with you.
Every problem has its solution.
Don't tell me there's none for us.
It's just something that it well not known because it is uncommon!
Getting healed of cancer is becoming possible so please don't tell me it's not possible to find the cause of it and the way to cure it, or at lease, improving it!
I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with meal... but with stress, anxiety, it's another kind of story. ACtually, i'm pretty sure demodex can be the cause of it ;) there's a possible theory abvout that above. ;) Guest form Belgium.

Why does no doctor know what this is or care to understand it?
Why have you never heard of anyone getting healed from it? If anyone has beaten it, they're not talking.