I wanted to briefly clarify a few points. First, Apple cider vinegar, or any other vinegar has never been proven to cure or treat any disease.

Second, the strong sour taste associated with ACV is in fact acetic acid. By drinking an acid, even a dilute one, it may aggravate acid reflux and will definitely NOT help the long term negative side effects of acid reflux: Barrett's esophagus, a precancerous condition.

Third: No supplement, or single food will make you lose weight. To lose weight, you must modify your lifestyle, eat less calories than you burn EACH DAY, and make healthy food choices.

Fourth: A common misunderstanding with the human body is we are in a constant state of pH change - acidity or alkalinity. This is false. Our bodies smiply cannot function outside a VERY narrow pH range of 7.35-7.45. If the pH drifts outside this range, you would feel extremely ill, and most likely be hospitalized. Your body takes care of the pH balance all by itself - pH disturbances are caused by OTHER problems such as excessive vomiting, diarrhea, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), or hypoxia (not being able to breathe enough O2 in.)

best

Vinegar (acidic acid) is a weak acid. It is also an organic acid (organic compound composed of carbon and hydrogen; not the politically correct "organic" thing).

A weak acid in the presence of a strong acid will act as a neutralizer or base. It acts opposite of an acid thereby offering reduced acidity. This is also termed "buffer". Buffers control pH keeping, in this case, acidity at or near a specific level. The chemical reason is based on weak acids inablility to dissociate or ionize. Then once in the presence of a strong acid (completely ionized), the weak acid is "forced" to act more like a base than acid.

The benefit of a weak acid treatment for high stomach acid is that weak acids, such as vinegar or citric acid, do not sacrifice themselves such as baking soda or antacids. The weak acid will remain active until the body discharges it. On the other hand, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) will instantly react forming carbon dioxide and water; that's why the burp after using it. Once sodium bicarbonate reacts it's gone, used up. There's no long term or residual benefit. It can put out a heart burn quickly but it won't last.

For those with hyperacidity of the gut, buffers are the better way to control the gut acidity. However, the amount of buffer used must be carefully controlled or bad things can happen. Too much of a good thing can turn out bad.

A couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar is about right but not several ounces. Do not use "white" vinegar or "distilled" apple vinegar. Even though these are standardized, the vinegar is in its pure form, acidic acid, and can be hard to tolerate. Apple cider vinegar is a "milder" form of acidic acid and in a "food" form of the acid, rather than a chemical/laboratory form. Chemically, it really doesn't matter, both are acidic acid.

The benefit of vinegar in relieving some forms of joint pain might be joint pain caused by uric acid. If the body's pH drops below pH=7, then uric acid can precipitate out of the blood stream and urine causing gout and uric acid kidney stones. The best remedy for this is to return the body back to a pH of 7 or higher. Uric acid is very, very soluble in pH>7 but almost insoluble in pH<7.

Warning, this will NOT work for calcium kidney stones. It will not work on these, believe me!

i am very skinny and have oily n pimple prone skin. i wanted to use ACV for its known benefits but i dont want to lose any weight at all. please suggest how and when should i take ACV.

Thanks

okay so a classmate of mine has been taking acv for about two weeks and he says he sees results. as soon as he told me about it i went home and did some research and went straight to my local trader joes.

i purchased 2 bottles of the trader joe brand acv. after looking around the internet everyone is saying to get the broggs? i think it is or something..

all i know is that on the bottle it says diluted 5%. i tried drinking a full glass of it the night i purchased the vinegar and was disgusted. i just picked it up again tonight and it had what people describe as the mother inside.

has anyone had experience using the trader joe brand of the apple cider vinegar? any good results or should i try and hunt down a different brand? i'm interested in trying this thing out!

I've been using regular store brand (Walmart) ACV for about two weeks. It was nasty at first. Found a recipe of 2 tablespoons per 16 oz glass of water. ICK!! It actually made me sick to my stomach. Didn't throw-up or anything, but made my stomach upset and gave me a nasty headache.

I do not recommend that. WAY to acidic. Try this:

2 teaspoons into a gallon of cold water, keep cold in fridge, for better taste.

To disguise the nasty taste try using a 1 litter water bottle, pour half of sparkling water, and half vinegar water and mix with favorite drink mix or fruit juice.

Either drink it through out the day or drink 2 or 3 litters a day.

The benefits I've seen so far is clearer complexion.. Less acne, more energy, and just feeling better. :-)

Also, my kitty doesn't seem to be iching as much as fleas don't seem to like the bitter taste ACV has. That has made me very happy.

For Kitties, share some of the gallon of water in their water dish, and/or mix a little bit of the gallon of ACV water into their food. I mix 4 tablespoons of ACV water with a half cup dry kitty food and 2 heaping tablespoons of cottage cheese. Feed this concoction to Kitty once or twice a day.

Kitty gobbles that right up.

I hope anyone who tries this will see good results.

I started using Bragg's AVC one week ago :-D :-) , and I noticed I lost 1 pound :-D , but I'm not sure it's the AVC ? , so I'll just keep trying. I have two questions

1- Should AVC be taken before or after meals ?

2- Am I gonna lose weight fast or it takes TIME, and how long .... almost... :-(

If anybody has any idea from personal experience, I'll be checking again... o.O %-)

Thanks :-P

Guest wrote:

Did you drink it straight? I just took some of the Trader Joe's brand and it wasn't bad at all. I am using it for allergies.

I just think I need to dilute it a bit more as I did have a little harshness in my throat. I only used about 4 oz. of water w/2 tbsp ACV (based on something I read), next time I'll do more water and 1/2 as much ACV.

I thought for sure I'd have a bad digestive reaction since I am fairly acidic but am pleasantly surprised. My stomach actually feels pretty good. My allergies feel almost 100% better. I'm very happy with it on my first day.

First things first... DO NOT DRINK ACV WITHOUT DILUTING!!!!

Secondly, research as much as you can about ACV before taking. Use Google or any other internet search page and type "Apple Cider Vinegar" and start reading, you may also want to search ACV (spelled out) and "honey", or - and "baking soda". I have found the best way to enjoy ACV is by mixing 2 tsp of ACV (I use Bragg) and 2 tsp of honey in a glass of water. Sip, dont chug. You will probably notice very quickly if the solution needs to be diluted more, or if you need to add more honey for the taste. Here are a few links, but there are many, many others. Enjoy!! You will see health benifits (physical and mental) of using Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey! I would also not use ACV pills, but thats just my opinion...

bellaonline.com/articles/art38036.asp

lacetoleather.com/wonderdrug.html

earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV or Comvita apple cider honey vinegar with 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass/mug of warm water. stir in the honey and drink in sips. have this in the morning before you eat and at night after dinner. :-)

Guest wrote:

could I mix the ACV tablespoon in green tea, splenda and ice? Would that break the effect? thanks

Splenda ruins anything. It's a natural Neurotoxin. STOP taking it. If you can't handle sugar, stop using it. If you decide to use sugar, use it with something high in fiber to soak it up and slow release it so it doesn't overload your body. You're made to be able to process sugar just fine.

How often do i need to take it daily twice or three times a day for breakfast lunch and dinner or is that to much. And can i take the pill with the drink

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar 'with the mother' is the best. Bragg sounds familiar. I used to take it years ago. Hmm. Maybe I should get started again.

I would drink it in a glass of water three or four times a day once your body gets used to it after the first week.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

My 80 something year old cousin told me about the Apple Cider Vinegar diet just a few weeks ago. My daughter and I have been trying it out. In about a 1/3 cup of warm water we add a tablespoon each of Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, and Honey. We were told to drink this each morning. I know it does keep me regular and I have seen results from another family member who uses it. She never gained her weight back either. So I am just waiting to see how much weight I will loose in about a month, because I only have been on this for about two weeks.

I actually just started taking ACV because I tried it on my cat. o.O
See, my poor kitty was thrown out when he was a kitten and had to dumpster dive the first few months of his life. Subsequently, he's had severely crusted ears and conjunctivitis that I can't get rid of. He was treated for mites when we first got him. Then I got more mite medicine. Then I tried witch hazel. Then I took him in for allergies. The vet saw him three times and still couldn't get this cleared up. So I looked online and they recommended ACV for pet allergies. I cleaned his ears out with it and his eye has cleared up and his wax production has gone down dramatically.

So I began drinking it. I haven't run across any places that tell you what to look for when you start, like a wicked case of the farts (odorless, god bless america!), belching and excessive urinating. Overall, it has helped my allergies as well (which are numerous) and it does seem to help curb appetite, which I've been looking to do. Kanten (agar agar) is either gross or ineffective and I can't use the caffeine pills. It does seem to help the post nasal drip and atrocious heartburn associated with it, which pretty much ruins my summer every year.

I don't know about melting weight yet. That would be nice!

I have suffered from seborrehic dermatitis for almost 2 years, after I got my scalp under control the flare ups on my face were horribleeeeee , and I am dark skin, they were all over, these yellow patches! I went to a dermatologist and she recommended elocon which is a steroid cream. after a mnth of use, i still saw no results, she told me be patient! 2 weeks into the second mnth, the steroid cream began lightening my complex horribly, my face looked white my body black, ppl thought i was Bleaching. I got soo depressed, that i googled natural remedies and saw alot of persons said apple cidar vinegar helped theirs tremendously! after 5 days of taing this with water and also applying it topically, my skin came bk to its natural complexion, the rashes from the seb derm, cooled down most dissappeared the others jus waiting on new skin to come up ................this is reallly an excellent product. What i have fought with medicines for 2 years, was cured with acv in 5 daysz! Now my skin iz dark and smooth and radiant with a wonderful shine! I would recommend it to ne one!