i use the acv ,its been 4 wks and ive lost 17 pounds ,my waist is down 2 inches,i mix 1 tbs in about 4 onc of water 2x a day ,and walk 30 minutes a day,,,i found that i spent up to 69.00 a month on wieght loss supplements that never worked on me,but this acv diet is amazing,and i feel better than i did at 30 yrs old im 55.

I know this post is old but you may be having other medical issues. ACV alkalines the body in which would help because you are having acid reflux from you body being too acidic.

there is little scientific evidence of the benefits of a vinegar diet. There was a study in mice in 2009 that suggested the acetic acid in vinegar (of any sort) may may slow down fat deposits. Another study in Japan indicated that a regular dose (15ml or so) may help suppress hunger - but not seen anything to validate htis. Would note that any fermented apple product is likely to contain a mix of heavy metals that could affect insulin levels so if there is any risk of diabetes in your family I would consult a doctor

1.  Trader Joes or Earth Fare ACV does NOT have the mother in it.  Only when the words "RAW" and "UNPROCESSED" are on the vinegar does it have the mother in it.  Both store brand vinegars have the remains of Mother in it as they are unfiltered, hence the cloudy mess that settles at the bottom.  Bragg's vinegar is not pasteurized and the mother is live in that vinegar.  The cloudiness is suspended in it.

2.  NEVER EVER Drink it straight, it will eat the enamel of your teeth away.  Fill an 8 ounce glass of water and place a tablespoon or two of the vinegar in it.  That's all that is needed.  You can increase the strength as you tolerate it, but never drink it straight.

3.  TJ's and Earth fare employees both ignorantly stated it has the mother and is comparable to Braggs.  It is not.  I have written both stores and got the reply, they come from the same manufacturer.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I got from earth fare's buyer.

-------

From: Stan DuchesneSent: Friday, February 15, 2013 4:00 PM

To: allen@......com Cc: Information

Subject: RE: Earth Fare Apple Cider Vinegar

Good afternoon Allen,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Earth Fare Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.  I apologize for the delay in my response.  I would normally respond in my own words but I think in this case I’ll let the President of Manzana Products who makes it for us, answer your question;

The Organic Apple Cider Vinegar we make for Earth Fare, “may contain Mother.”  We pasteurize for consumer protection.  However, many of the microscopic acetobactor are still active after pasteurization.  At first nothing is visible.  But as the vinegar ages, the microscopic live acetobactor begin to cling together.  Eventually, it can be seen by the naked eye.  It appears to be a gelatinous veil in the bottle.  Consumers that are knowledgeable about “Mother of Vinegar” are delighted.  Those who are not familiar with it will be concerned and may bring their bottle back with a complaint or return.

I hope that this answers your questions adequately.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank you and have a great day!

Stan Duchesne

Assistant Purchasing Director

Earth Fare

145 Cane Creek Industrial Park Drive Suite 150

Fletcher, NC 28732

I started drinking cider vinegar about 2 years ago. I give it to the chickens and the dog. The instructions on the chickens vinegar said to give 2 days a week without vinegar. I think vinegar everyday is a bit extreme so i drink it 2 days 2 days off..

Read the trader Joe's bottle it is raw and has the mother in it! DUH......

I am trying your recipe right now. It is awesome, tastes just like hot cider. Thanks.

I took 1 tablespoon of ACV in a cup of water, it burnt my stomach, I have intense stomach pain and landed in Hospital. They are still conducting tests. Apparently one cannot have vinegar in an acidic environment...natropath advised this.

This apple cider vinegar sounds a little too good to be true, like snake oil. I wonder if all the benefits that everyone is getting is not attributed to ACV but to another healthy and scientifically proven habit: drinking more water. I drink water (and one glass of non-fat milk) everyday. I drink a glass of water before and after a meal, when I wake up and before going to bed. I lost almost 30 pounds and my complexion is clear and healthy.

Usually if you take it with a drink its not so bad :) ! Im doing the AC vinegar diet! i new it was going to be so gross and nasty so i took it with orange juice! as soon as i put the tbl sp of vinegar in my mouth (i held my nose while i was doing it so i wouldnt taste it) i drank the orange juice at the same time i was swallowing the vinegar . it worked for me and i gulped it really quick! i didnt really taste the ac vinegarand my throat and stomach etc were'nt effected either and this works with other drinks too. try drinking something with the vinegar next time. it works! :)

I can't believe someone posted about how they could not handle a tbsp. of vinegar. Incredible pain?  I hope you never stump your toe.

I thought the EXACT same thing! How am I having a burning in my throat (now a dry cough) after taking ACV for 4 days.. Isn't it supposed to be making me healthier?!

I drink 2 teaspoons w/ 8oz of V8 Spalsh, thinking of finding another mix maybe? But I've lost 3 lbs in 4 days, eating the same foods I ate 2 weeks ago.

I would have jumped into the shower and inhaled some water. Although unpleasant, this would have helped to clean out my sinus cavities. On an up note: At least you won't have any sinus infections or colds for a while.

Yeah, have to agree. There HAD to be more issues going on with them than JUST the TBS of ACV. I hope the tests showed what and they are being treated/helped.

Is there a specific brand of ACV or could you use any?