I too bought into the "piece of cake" NovaSure ablation.  All seemed great until 1 year post-ablation with the excrutiating lower right abdominal pain always associated with menstruation, but occassionally pings of pain throughout the month.  I got some relief by going on birth control pills 3-months at a time...now deal withe the pain only 4 times a year.  My gyn also prescribed Tramadol for pain when ibuprofin doesn't work. My symptoms sound very common among post-ablation suffferers.  My question for those who got a hysterectomy, did your pain go away?

I had my ablation in August 2014. In April of 2015, I had the worse cramping of my life. Just so happened, in a coincidence, I also had some bad diarrhea at the same time. I wasnt sure if it was my appendix, food poisoning or what. I ended up at the ER. Dr's didn't find anything, said possibly a viral bug. Now this month, May 2015, here I am again with terrible cramps. I initially got my ablation done due to very heavy periods. I think I would've opted to have those still instead of this excruciating abdominal pain. I will be contacting my Dr tomorrow. I don't need another Dr bill. The ablation wasn't cheap, then my ER bills. Ugh. I would NOT recommend getting an ablation If you are reading this and considering it.

Hi, I had the Novasure endometrial ablation in 2009, followed by 6 great years of no periods and none of the accompanying pain. In the last few days, I've been having what I call 'period pains' (that is exactly what they feel like!) but no bleeding. I stumbled onto this site by accident but it seems like too much of a coincidence for my pain to be caused by something else. I've been dosing up on pain relief and laying in bed for the past 2 days as it's so bad, but I'll go to see my Dr and mention it. Your posts have ask been so helpful, thank you all!

I has the surgery done in 2012, since my surgery I only had my period two times and spotting off and on. However I get severe monthly cramps without a period. It hurts so much. The pain is so bad I cry, I vomit, I feel like I want to sh*t and can't sh*t. I also feel like my inside is on fire. I so hate and regret I had this surgery. I want my life back.

I had the Novasure done about 5 years ago for extremely heavy periods that prevented me from carrying out my day to day activities. It was great - until 3 months ago when I began having severe cramps that were similar to labor pains. The first month it lasted about 3 days and no OTC meds helped. This month is the longest yet, I am on day 5 - I have slept very little and I am exhausted. The pains are so much worse at night. Three months ago I had an ultrasound that one doctor said had some abnormalities, however, when my ob/gyn looked at it she felt it was normal. I am going in again tomorrow because this pain is unbearable and has left me unable to function on a daily basis. Continuous stabbing pains in my lower left pelvic area. So miserable.

I had My endometrial ablation in 2009. In 2013 I started having periods again But it was only for short periods of time I went to doctor and she informed me that I had grown back my linings. She said it takes about 5 years for it to grow back Because I was blessed with a small piece. And yes the cramping is horrible I too am having experiences with black blood. And you're right I ended up in the ER also and doctors just send me home. The pain is unbearable!!! I take pain meds but they do nothing for me. I don't know what to do!!

Oh my goodness, I feel like crying. I had the same procedure done 2 years ago and before I had it done my periods were extremely heavy. I had to change my clothes 2-3 times a day. Now that I have the ablation, I bleed black blood or no blood at all and cramp like I'm in labor. I can't take the pain anymore! Making a doctors appointment in the morning and I am praying my doctor will listen.

In 2010 I had a tubal ligation and ablation. Sometime in 2013 I started having the same pains. My doctor tried to do a hystosonogram but i had so much scar tissue he couldn't insert the tiny tube. He prescribed Norethindrone 5mg and said I'd need to take until i hit menopause. It worked wonderful for about 2 years. I recently started having the death grip pains again. Looks like I am on the road to having a hysterectomy soon. Has anyone else tried Norethindone or any other prescription that works?

I am so thankful I found these posts. I feel like crying. I had my ablation in March 2014. Before thge ablation and LEEP procedure I was having 2 periods a months for about 14 months. After I had light periods from til Feb 2015 when the PAIN started. I left my OB/ GYN of 20 years because no DR was helping me. I just went to a new DR that I know personally and she took every test including 2 more ultrasounds and a CT scan with all coming back normal. I am on progestorone now but expect my period any day....UGH. I just read another post that said the hormones did not help. It is supposed to stop the period but from what I have read it wont stop the pain. All I can say is that now I know I am not alone. I am not imagining this pain. It is real and thge worst pain I have ever expoerienced after 4 children and 5 tattos!!!! I am experiencing the side effects of the progesterone....PMS tender breasts irritability...I am now simply annoyed because we are treated like we are crazy. I pray that we all find healing and relief.

How did your Sergey go? I am currently awaiting a call from my dr. I can't handle this pain any longer. This is labor pains all over again. The pain comes in horrific waves and ibuprofen doesn't touch it and I am not ok with taking 2 days per month off and sedating myself to get through it. Bring on the scalpel.

I strongly urge anyone considering ablation to think otherwise. After two months I had two weeks of back pain and severe cramping that is not relieved with pain meds and today I was walking to the pool and felt as if I lost control of my bladder but found a very large amount of blood was soaking my clothing and running down my legs with no warning. I've had no bleeding with my cramps until today and I have no idea what's going on.

i had it 5+ years ago. I have cramps now that have put me on the floor, sent me to the ER two nites in a row, have lost my job (at a hospital no less), keeps from LIVING and NOONE gives a S***!!!! My dr had send me to three states and no one will touch me cuz im "hig risk" for surgery. they wont give me pain pills cuz I will "get addicted" to them....so I SUFFER!!! Dogs don't even suffer this much. Today I sit here with a 101.4 fever a swollen abdomen from cramps the last three day so severe that now I feel like a horse has kick me in the gut!! The only thing they wannna do is give the Depo shot which is banned in 7 countries. My own Dr refused to give it to me so he send me to Little rock 3 hours away. I took the shot three times and that's when I lost my job so now NO ins!!! after I turned into a royal B**** and my hair fell out and my skin turned to leather and I cried nonstop for days on end I quit talking the shot due to all the above and NO ins. NOWWW.......I just suffer in hopes I will hit menopause soon which according to my Dr could be 5+ more years !!!!! Im soooo PISSSED that I cant even see straight anymore and im sick of people looking at me as tho I cant handle some lil ol period cramps !!!! Trust me I am NO weinie when it come to pain....Ive had lots of surgeries but THIS is ridiculous and is affecting my way of life and MY FAMILY !!!!! Sorryyyyyy I had to let off some steam. theres way more to this whole suckass story but ill save it lol.!!!!!

Oh my gosh I am so glad I have found these posts!! I had the same procedure done 1.5 yrs ago and have had nothing but troubles. The pain I have endured this whole time all month long, not just when my period is supposed to come (it is worse when that time comes), is beyond what words can describe!! If I had known it would be like this I would have continued to have my period every single day for the rest of my life (that is the reason I had it done was because I bled every day for 6 months). Please let me know if anyone has ever found relief.

Wished so much I'd researched the aftermath of Novosure. I had my procedure 7 months ago, first few cycles after were fine, a little bit of pain and very light flow. Now I too, am experiencing these horrific pains you all talk about. I swear I have a high pain threshold but this is like being in full blown labour. Ibuprofen has give me the slightest relief. All help and advice gladly accepted!

Hi all, I had an ablation in April and never stopped having a period. I am one of the very unlucky ones. Two weeks after my ablation, my period started. That period wasn't too bad but I was still upset. Now, seven months later, I have horrible horrible pain on top of massive clotting and my period is longer than it was before the ablation. I had an ultrasound done in September and found that I now have 9 fibroids in my uterus and a cyst has attached itself to the uterine wall. I don't know if the pain I am having is due to blood pooling around scar tissue or what. So, I have a hysterectomy scheduled for the 24th of this month. Three weeks from tomorrow....I am scared and nervous, but just want to be done with this. I never really researched the ablation because everyone I have spoken to had good results. When I asked my doctor what happened after it was a failure, she told me that in the so many years she has been doing ablations, maybe three people (of which I am included) have had it not work. I never had cramping before the ablation, just very heavy clotting. Well, TMI, but since the ablation, I have had clots so big, they have literally pushed the tampon out of my body!!! Ready to be done with this....