What did you end up doing? I have this same problem now and mu gyno wants to do a d&c and put in an iud..

I am 55 and had an ablation 33 years ago due to extremely heavy and painful periods also which caused me to be anemic for years! I have been having hot flashes/night sweats for about 1 1/2 years but that is all... I have no idea when or if it's that time of the month, if I'm still ovulating or how far through the menopause process I am! A couple days ago I started getting low abdominal/ pelvic pain and low back pain somewhat resembling but not near as severe when I menstruated regularly. Could I start having a'period' again!? I have had sex a couple times but we were careful and always used condoms. I am so confused! Anyone else experience this?

That was 3 years ago!!!!

OMG i have the SAME story..2 yrs of nothing..now every month, i feel like a i have to drive to the ER... NO pills work..and i try w/ the heating pad..it also makes me feel like throwing up!!!!

hi. i am haven this issue now. severe pain, like labor pains.. what did they find with you?? any info would b appreciated. please..
thank you, cathy

i am going threw this. severe pain. does anyone had advice. please

hi, i am going threw this now. severe pain worse than labor.. just wondering if you found answers/ help?? please any info is appreciated.. thank you, cathy

I am a 53 year old woman with the same Novasure Ablation cramping going on.  I have to say that it is interesting that alot of other women are going through what I am.  In 2009 I had a Novasure Ablation.  I was doing good up until like 6 months ago when cramps and pain started setting in.  A couple weeks ago I had a pelvic ultrasound and the Radiologist noted possible endometrial cancer with fluid build up.  So I went to my Doctors right away and she said that the ablation can cause the appearance of endometrial cancer and I should not worry.  Hmmmm...  I never had an X-Rayt where the Radiologist reported cancer on me.   So my Doctor gave me 2 options:  Surgical biopsy and release of fluid, or wait until March/April for another ultrasound to see if the Radiologist is still reporting possible cancer.  Now I have questions... Does the Novasure Ablation cause possible cancer?  Now I am scared and have the severe cramping... Do I get a 2nd opinion?  Do I demand a hysterectomy?  

I'm having the exact same symptoms. I had my nova sure done in September 2013. My period never stopped, it just turned into this foul smelling black stuff. Then a few months ago I started getting cramps every month but they're the worst cramps I've ever had. It's like being in labor and constipated at the same time. I really hope I can figure out what it is because I'm miserable.

Oh my! I had my ablasion in 2010. I have the excruciating stabbing pain with the beginning of my flow. Which I never stopped bleeding. My Dr put me on progesterone, which helped but now it's happening again. It is so severe. I am going back to my gynecologist next week. I'm 50 yrs old, hate to think I have to get a hysterectomy over this. I regret having this procedure.

Has anyone has success with this surgery? I am scheduled to have the ablation soon, I was very excited that my periods were going to be very light or stop but after reading all of the posts, I am now scared that I am going to be worse off than ever. My periods have been unbearably painful since my tubal in 2005, I have been on birth control pills to help with the menstral pain but for about the first year, of being on the pill, the pain would be excrutiating for the whole 5 days, without the pills, the pain was only that bad for around 3 days. The only thing that would help is skipping the placebo pills and going straight to the active pills so that I wouldn't have a period at all. I am now on the pills that you take for 3 months and then have a period to total4 periods a year. After my first pack was almost finished, I could feel the cramps starting about a week before I was supposed to start my period so without even discussing it with my doctor, I went ahead and skipped the placebo again and started the next 3 month pack. Doing this has caused me to not have periods at all. I am 40 years old and I'm wondering, since the pills are keeping my periods and cramps under control, if I should just opt out of having the surgery all together and just continue what I'm doing. I have not had this much relief in years and now all the posts that I have read, it seems like ablation might not be the way to go.

In error I hit the "dislike" tab! I meant to hit the "like" tab! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Did you get an answer with a Dr or find relief? Your symptoms fit mine exactly. Period never stopped. Was lighter initially but heavier & back to very heavy with clots. The pain is 100x worse than it was before-- each month brings more pain. (I'm 17 months post procedure.) I'm at the point that only narcotics take the edge off, barely. My obgyn says she hasnt has anyone who has gotten worse and my only option is a hysterectomy which I don't want... But every month I'm ready to give myself one. I feel like I was lied to by my trusted dr who was oversold the device by a pushy, greedy salesman/company. Novasure needs to take this procedure off the books!

I experienced this same pain for several months. Just curious, did your obgyn ever say that you had endometriosis prior to your ablation? My obgyn told me I had endometriosis which is why my periods were so horribly painful before the ablation. I was fine like you for awhile after my ablation but then the cramping would start around the time my period would have normally been. My obgyn indicated it was because my endometriosis was still causing the cramps and I had two options...have a hysterectomy or try the depo shot to trick my body into not going through the monthly cycle. The shot worked and I have been cramp free for months now. You may want to look into finding out if you also have endometriosis and if you don't want to have a hysterectomy try getting the shot.

Did your doctor ever tell you that you might have endometriosis?