I am having the same symptoms and I had my ablation 2 yrs ago...

I had ablation surgery in oct 2012. My period hasn't stopped since PLUS worse cramps, which this is the 1st time I've ever had them. OMG..I'm scheduled for a partial hysterectomy Feb 26, 2013. I can hardly wait, I'm so miserable

I can completely sympathize with you and who ever else is going through this awful, terrible situation.I too have had an Ablation after trying  the Mirena as well ( came out after a day due to the excessive bleeding.) I don't like going out of the house now through fear I will bleed through clothes and leave a trail where ever i go.My Doctor suggested going on Provera without a break, as he said its fine to stop the bleeding altogether.This is suppose to stop the bleeding altogether, but I was still bleeding most days and still having period pain front and in my back with cramps. So I went back to Doctors and asked to go on Utovlan, which is much the same thing as the Provera, only 2 years ago whilst I had constant excessive bleeding I was put on this and It DID stop the bleeding. However not this time !!!!, and I don't know why its not working as I am still bleeding all the time on this now, but not so heavy, but shouldn't be bleeding at all. I am in constant pain with it and have found that all the normal pain killers don't touch the pain like you.The only thing that I can recommend that DOES take the pain away is Buscopan (they are brill and hubby said they are great for kidney stone pain as they were able to stop the cramping, so I thought why not give them ago and they work. My doc says they are safe to use if they help with the cramping. You can buy it over the counter in most Pharmacies for a few pounds. They mainly used for Colicky pain but primarily stops cramping.So I take Ibuprofen 400mg Paracetamol 500mg and Buscopan 10mg and make a hot water bottle and sit on the settee with hot water bottle on my lower back waiting for all medication to work. which it always does with this combination.You can take them every 4 hours IF you need to. If you feel better to ask your doctor then that's fine.Please let me know how you feel and if it works for you too ? I am going to ask my Doctor if I can see a specialist again for a 2nd opinion. Also for some Acupuncture as I have had so much success in the past with it and you can get it on NHS. My thoughts are with you...., Take care.... Stay in touch...

I'm so sorry you are all experiencing this. I feel for you. I've been through all of this and have come out the other side... not scathed for sure. I have ended up with a partial hysterectomy (uterus only) and I'm now bleeding again. Everything has checked out... and the bleeding is NOTHING compared to the pain I was in during the ablation issues.
Hang in there all...... advocate for yourselves. You know your bodies better than anyone else.

I had a ablation in July of 2012 so 7 months ago. I am 40 years old. All was well for the first 3 months then bam! Terrible cramping. Last night, I had the worst right side pain ever- doubled over in pain. I was scared, felt like I was dying.... Checked to see if I had a temperature- didn't. Was possible thinking kidney stones or infection as well. Did a kidney punch as well- that didn't hurt. Woke up this morning to starting my period! On one hand I was thrilled it wasn't my appendix, or kidney issues but was really bummed that this is due to the ablation. I would rather bleed than have this pain. I had zero cramps before the ablation- this is really really bad. What do you do for pain? What is the best way to treat the cramping?

Thanks so much! 

It's interesting to me that you are now bleeding. I was told that the pain was actually caused by the fact that my body couldn't bleed. It might be worth looking into your situation and not assume it's Post Ablation Syndrome.
Keep us posted.

Hello, I'm so grateful I found this thread....I too have been feeling like a hypochondriac and have been in E.R> 3x since december for pain control/further workup and now on a long and winding trail of specialists at the university hospital. 

I feel like an id**t and your stories give me courage. 

Not wanting kids and starting to bleed heavily (large clots) for the first time in 2006, I sought out an OB who could do a tubal ligation and anything other than hysto. She ended up not being such a nice person, and after the last follow up I didn't go back to her. Couldn't take her attitude.

I was sold on endo ablation and lack of profuse bleeding was a blessing; almost no period - I was in heaven!  

I started having weird cramps and low back and pelvic pain within a year or so....I didn't have many periods, and they alternated between a day and 2-3. Summer 2012 I started having a lot of "malodor" and began using RePhresh as I was offending myself with female odors. I chalked it up to getting older, did extra super duper feminine hygiene as opposed to good. I did not have bacterial or yeast infection, no UTI's though I had begun having urinary incontinence. 

2012 I started bleeding to the point of needing to buy tampons. Primary care said "well, your body is healing itself, you can have it repeated or have a hysto." I decided to let things rest and just deal with it. 

Oct. 2012 I was rolling around on the floor in horrible pain at a friend's house.  I was having a heavy period with dark black blood.  She urged me to get checked out, which I put off, of course as I was sick of doctors and feeling stupid. 

Dec 2012 started having ridiculous bowel movements (all or nothing, then ripley's believe it or not types that had to be triple bagged and taken to the trash...my plumbing could not handle them.) sorry, folks...i was horrified too but true story) 

Synopsis: stat x-ray 12/20/12, stat ultrasound 12/21/12 called that afternoon: mass pushing on colon, if still in pain go to emergency room. so i did. 

CT revealed large fibroid 8.5x7.8cm subserrosal type, growing on back of uterus -size of softball. Follow up with OB within a week. 

Could not get in for a month if i wanted to stick with university hospital. 

Questions:

-if fibroid on outside of uterus, why would I be bleeding large amounts of black blood from inside it?

-should i ask to be screened for adenomeiosis/endometriosis before having hysterectomy? 

-burning pain in groin and up into hips and back woke me up on monday 4am...boyfriend dragged me to E.R. as i was doubled over in pain.  Lab work was fine, given fentanyl IV (and I TOO HAVE A VERY BIG TOLERANCE FOR PAIN). 

last menstrual period (if you can call it that) was 5 february.

G.I. clinic set up for Tuesday as I also had some rectal bleeding in E.R. though labs were good, they suspect perhaps a hemrhoid as i was not bleeding profusely....

Any and all input welcome.....I am feeling rather crazy between pain, different body systems and feeling like a hypochondriac. 

Maybe some of you will relate to feeling like you are on a sick game of "Medical Jeopardy" where if you do not phrase things correctly, you lose the round..... *sigh*

y problem is SO MUCH like many of yours. I'm 54, never had kids, my periods were getting bad, and there was no indication that they would be stopping anytime soon. So when my doctor, who I trusted and had been my OB-Gyn for over 20 years, suggested the Novasure procedure, I said "Yes! The sooner the better!" So Oct 9, 2012, I had the procedure, and went through it very well. But when I had my 2 week checkup, the doctor says, "Oh, by the way, I'm retiring in a week". Seriously? I was so stunned I didn't say much at the time, and in the following weeks things were going pretty well, so I didn't rush to find a new doc. I started getting bad cramps here and there, but they didn't last long, and had absolutely no bleeding. THEN, about 3-4 weeks ago, I ended up in the ER (since I had no doctor!) on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and missed work most of Monday, with the now very aptly named "death cramps"! Fortunately, I had a good idea what was causing them, otherwise I can't imagine pain like that unless you're dying from something! Of course, not having children, I don't know what labor pains are like, but I'm sure this pain is what they're like! I went thru many tests, as well, and also found out I am otherwise very healthy, but had fluid in the uterus lining. Was on Morphine (which helped about halfway) and Dilaudid the last day I was there, which DID help!
As I was going thru prescriptions of Ketorolac, Naproxyn 500, Percocet, Vicodin, and anti nausea pills (it's so bad at times I start vomiting), I finally found a new doctor, who told me that just about the only thing that can fix this is a hysterectomy. She did offer to do a hysteroscopy first, but indicated that she didn't believe it was likely to work. I work full time and also am an artist and do the summer art festivals, so I don't feel I can do the Hysteroscopy and then a Hysterectomy if that doesn't work - it would be in the show season by then, so I have the Hysterectomy in the works. I don't want to do it, either - I want to stay "intact"- I never had any major surgery, but I have had such hideous pain in the past 2 days that I don't care any more!

So sorry you've had the "death pains" as I call them. There is another option though, if you're not interested in the hysterectomy. You can shut the whole system down with Luprin. If you read back far enough in this post, you'll find that I was given that option and tried it until I turned into a psycho crazy woman from all the hormones. I'm not sure how long it would take to make the pains go away... maybe more time than you want to invest at this point.

Please make sure you know that the recovery from a hysterectomy is long. You must be patient with that process. You will NOT feel like working for quite some time. When I had the hysterectomy, I remember waking up and knowing that at least the pain I was feeling was "recovery pain" and not something that would hurt forever. With that said, DAY 2 was horrible and it ended up being a full 8 week recovery - regardless if I thought I'd be fine in two weeks since I'm "tough." I was told "HANG UP THE SUPERWOMAN CAPE." You get one chance to recover from that surgery... dont' screw it up!
Good luck. Keep us posted.

OMG!! i HAD NOVASURE DONE JULY 2012 AND ITS THE WORST THING I EVER COULD HAVE DONE TO MYSELF. THE VERY SAME THING THAT YOU DESCRIBE ABOVE IS WHAT I DEAL WITH NOW AND IT AHSNT EVEN BEEN A YEAR. I TOO JUST RECENTLY TOOK A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL A MONTH AGO , BEFORE HEADING TO THE ER MY DR DID AN ULTRASOUND, SAID IT COULD BE MY APPENDIX AND THEY DID AT CT SCAN AT HOSPITAL AND FOUND NOTHING...........IM SO AGGRAVATED, FEEL LIED TO ADN JUST SIMPLY REGRET TEH NOVASURE AND WOULD RATHER STICK TO HAVING MY HORRIBLE PERIODS!

wow! to be in the same condition you are i woul dhave to say dont feel bad! dont feel like you are crazy. We didnt know what we were signing up for when they introduced this endometrial ablation to us. i too have pains like this and had my ablation done 7/2012 and been on percocets for a month now after my trip to the ER. My cycle just came back a few weeks ago, i have that lil stinch too but we just have to do our howework with and for each other!

so did you have the hysterectomy? I am 35, i too have those pains now, just weeks apart from one another, just starting to keep a calenday, and i am at wits end ahving to depend on percoset for the past month now.

Im 35, always been a healthy active woman, 15 yr old and 8 yr old twins at home with me. I had my ablation in 7/2012 and have been experience my death pains for abotu 3 months now. First trip the ER was on 1/15, constantly squatting on toilet to get relief durign my episodes, but one things for sure at this time, Im ready to get past this pain. Having gone through this already, waht would you do? Go directly to hysterectomy, try birth contols, ask for more percocets?

I also had an ablation in Oct 2012. MY partial hysterectomy is March 1! Isn't that terrible? My bleeding stopped completely (so THAT much worked), but almost constant pain, too much to be just called cramps, that nothing worked on! I DID start taking Dilaudid this week, it finally helped me, thank heavensI I honestly didn't know how I was going to live with this pain for a week more! Good luck to you!

OMG...I'm so glad to see that I'm not going crazy!  I had the Novasure ablation in Oct 2010 and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  That is until about July of 2012.  I started having horrible cramps.  Cramps like I have never had before.  They started on my left side and did not stop for more than two weeks.  I went to the same doctor that did the ablation to see about a hysterectomy and told him that I wish I would have known the cramps were going to be this bad and he told me that he really hadn't heard of women having problems like this (of course he's going to say that...he's making a bundle off of Novasure).  I scheduled the hysterectomy and chickened out...HUGE MISTAKE!  Now months later I'm having the same God awful pain, which seems worse than it was.  This time it started on the right side and I was afraid that it was my appendix so I drove myself to the emergency room at 4:00 in the morning.  All blood and urine tests came back good, so they couldn't do anything.  I made an appointment with my regular doc, they did a CT scan and couldn't find anything but a fibroid tumor on my uterus.  Scheduled an appointment with a female OBGYN and she did a vaginal ultrasound...she said my ovaries were perfect and could see the fibroid, but said that she didn't think it could be causing me to have as much pain as I'm having.  I asked about a hysterectomy, she wants me to have a colonoscopy before I have a hysterectomy to make sure there's no mass or some kind of blockage!  Ugh!  I just want the pain to stop!  I'm to the point where taking 2 lortabs just barely takes the edge off.   If anyone knows of some kind of remedy for the cramps other than the pain pills I'd be so grateful!  I hate taking pain pills :(