this is a cyst according to my ophthalmologists

mine is a benign cyst so I don't have to worry but my problem is that it becomes swollen and it hurts , my specialist told me I can go through an operation to remove this

Hi....just made an appt with my opthamologist...I have now THREE of these things in the corner of my left eye...I had been very worried but after seeing the picture above I see others have (or have had) this as well...does anyone know what it is? Anyone who saw a dr with results?

Whoever is reading this, I just want you to know that I had one exactly like the one in the picture and like everyone else I was worried to death! I went to an Opthamologist  who specializes in cancers of the eye ( I was worried it was a tumor) and he assured me it was just a cyst. "If it bothers you, you can have it removed in office, if not, then you can just leave it," he said.  He also prescribed me some eyedrops with prednisone in them.  So rest assured that 99% of you who have one like this, it's just a cyst.  Take a deep breath :-)

Same thing here. Going to the dr today or tomorrow. Will post results when I know more. So glad to read the prior post! My internist had no idea what it was!

I went to my eye doctor and he told me it was from allergies. He told me to get some OTC eye drops for allergy eyes and some lubricant drops. I see him again next month

Hi, my name is Adele and I just wanted to find out if you have found out if the lump under your eyelid is a serious matter , as I've got the same lump under my eyelid and I am really worried about it

Hello, my dr says that its a baterial infection, i have to use sterdex eye ointement for 8days (it containes antibiotics) if it doesnt go i have to have eye sugery

Hello I have the same exact thing in my right eye.  I noticed it about ten years ago and I went to get it lexamined. The eye doctor didn't seem concerned and said it was a bruised vein or cyst but not a malignant tumor.  Sometimes, like today, my eye feels like I got poked.  But it feels normal the majority of the time. Today since my eye is sore I googled and found this page.  Ten years ago there was nothing when I googled.  It's comforting to hear others have this black, purplish dot and their eye doctors Also confirmed it's not fatal. WHEW!

Wow, I am guessing this is common. I think I will apply hot compresses and see if it will either go down or drain. Not going to worry about it. Have had more than my share of crazy off the wall physical happenings lately.

I have went to the eye doctor and he said it was a cyst. He, however, plucked out a lot of eyelashes that were curling into my eye. It has been 3 days and there is a huge difference. Hope this helps others.

I had the same thing as pictured here. And I, too, wear contacts. My optometrist tells me it's a fluid-filled cyst and is typically secondary to allergies. And indeed, I also suffer -- and have been suffering -- mild allergies, typically involving my sinuses, nose, throat, and eyes. The optometrist told me the cyst gives the appearance of being dark because the fluid is trapped within multiple layers of the soft tissue in this area. They apparently can and do go away eventually.

I have the exact same thing! discovered it a few days ago while on vacation. I also am freaking out a little but am making an appointment tomorrow morning so I will post back with any helpful information :) wondering if any of these woman/men are using latisse for eyelash growth? I have been for about 4 weeks now, hoping the two are not connected...

samantha

I also have the same things inside my left eyelid, however, when I pulled back the right eyelid to compare, there was one there also. I went to the eye doctor and he said it appeared to be a cyst and said it did not appear worrisome, but is sending me to an ophthalmologist. Last weekend I felt as if I had excess fluid in my eye and it appeared to have leaked some, unfortunately it did not go away completely - it now seems to get larger at times and will then "drain" for lack of a better word - I'll post afr Friday and update with a diagnosis - try not to worry! 

Hi I have the same problem. The doctor told me its a cyst. I have just schedule a appointment for surgery. What happen to yours? Is your eye still puffy?