I had a cyst removed on may 21st 2015, it was right on the hair line on my left. The operation took maybe an hour, completely pain free. Or so i thought. Nobody told me how much pain I would be in afterwards. It's been a week and my head is still killing me. I'm glad it is gone, no more stares, no more "ewwwws" from fellow adults. But my head totally kills. It's like somebody took a torch, ran a sword over it until it was white hot, and keeps jamming it into my skull. Anybody else having that problem? And yes I am keeping it clean, so i don't know why its acting this way. My sister had a huge cyct on her back and she was never in pain.

I had lump surgery a week back. Lump is on my above my neck.Doctor suggests me that he will cut the stitches after 9 days. Now the stitches are removed,when stitches are removed I fell a minor pain. After next day some minor swelling occurs in wound.is this is normal. I'm really worried..

Just had this done yesterday and my eyebrows and scalp are tight. Huts to smile or squint. Thanks for sharing....it helps

I have to get three cut from my head and I'm hesitant to get it done as I don't want them to shave spots on my head. Is it possible to get them removed without shaving my hair?

Did your hair grow back over the incisions?

I doubt very highly if you will have your entire head bandaged.Normally you can get a shower in a couple days they blood flows through you scaled a lot betterthen the rest of your body there for it Will heal a lot quicker.so I'm thinking no big bandage,shower in two days stitches out in 10-14 days unless they are dissolvable.

I have had 2 sebaceous cysts removed from my scalp both quite large, the removal was done by a Doctor in his surgery and I was given a local anesthetic. The procedure took about 1 hour from start to finish. I was given some antibiotics and told to keep the bandage on overnight and not wash my hair for 2 days. I removed the bandage the following morning and there was no bleeding at all, I was careful washing my hair. The small area of hair that was removed to get to the cyst grew back quickly. One year later there is no sign that I ever had any surgery. I never experienced any side effects or problems and am so relieved that those unsightly cysts (that were growing bigger) have gone.
I had stitches put in after the first one was removed and the area was glued together after the second one was removed.

Where and who did your procedure?

I had a cysts removed from top of scalp I tried to do it myself since I didnt want Dr to cut my head open it ended up getting infected and pain throbbing finally went in to out patient surgery center they put me out I have no tolerance for pain when i got home and the meds wore off HORRIBLE PAIN throbbing them numbness hurts to even talk my jaw reflex I can now feel top of my head I have been putting bags of ice over stitches 8 of them Dr told me dont wash my hair for 5 day's I have read people on here have done it sooner I dont understand why he told me that I have to wash my hair.....all this to say I wish I had never had it removed and just lived with it Dr said numbness may last for some time months?If it comes back so be it I will live with it Good Luck to all who go thru it I have read alot of post that say no problem with removal maybe the Dr has something to do with it I had a Dr who does Nothing But Surgery that is his specialty well known for that Iam reading where many had Derm do it My guy a CUTTER went deep all I know it Still Hurts!

I had. One removed on Aug 5 and I got three stitches had bandage. On for day and showered next morning and no bandage since is healing nicely!

Anyone know how long you need to wait to color your hair after cyst removal.?

I have cyst on my head big ones had them removed two years ago but have returned much bigger I have now been told that I have to pay to have them removed that the hns does not do it any more is this true as I can't afford to pay

I had to wait three months after having mine done because the die will burn ur scar

Very simple to do and you will not have a big bandage or stitches sticking out. Had one removed and healed quickly. You can pull some of your hair on top of where it was removed. Others will not be able to tell. Have it done without worry! God bless!

To have had an "infected cyst removed" is an incorrect process. Normally, the infection is treated with antibiotics (one of the sulfa drugs) and THEN the cyst is removed. Wow, can't believe you endured that. So sorry.