Well I had to get 5 cysts removed from my scalp and I am only 17 so I was just worried about recovery time. I'll be graduating in a couple of weeks and I'm just really ready for my hair to grow back. Because the cysts I had they would usually kill my hair where the cysts were and it was crazy embarrassing. I had them surgically removed on March 20th and I get my stitches removed today! It took them for hours and mine were like really fairly big. But my head has recoved well. It's still sore to a certain extent. But I got the good drugs so everything is all better now!

This is something that is in my family on my mom's side. She had them and I have them and only one of my daughters. We had them removed about 8 years ago. Very simple procedure. Dr injects freezing into cyst to be removed then cuts it out, stitches it up and away you go. Get stitches removed in 10 days and usually good to go They can grow in and I just recently had 2 new ones in different places on my scalp, removed. Same with my daughter she too has been twice to the plastic surgeon to have more removed. Painless but stitches were a bit annoying after a couple days.In Alberta if you have this procedure done it has to be in the hospital in order to be covered by health care but the whole process took about 20 mins and I was able to drive home. They are quite annoying things to have on your scalp so I highly recommend getting them taken off.

I hit my head on a kitchen cabinet edge in Pittsburgh in 1980 and got a lump. The doctor said it was a mass of fatty tissue, not to worry, and so I left it go. Several years later I asked again as it had gone from less than dime size to half dollar size. Didn't hurt, just a nuisance. Well after almost 35 years and enough its of the head on getting into the car, it developed a head, like a pimple my daughter told me. It would go from soft to heard to soft within a matter of days for all those years. Getting back to now, last Wednesday, I asked my daughter to look at my head because it had some crust on it like a scab, and i thought it was dandruff accumulating, but she said I had a scab where there use to be a pimple like head. I thought, pimple, boil, but indeed it had turned into a cyst. She touched it briefly twice, and all of a sudden we had a major volcano on our hands. It squirted out everywhere including on her. Her and her dad worked on my head for about 30 minutes and got tons of core out in chunks and snake like cores. And a mass of pus followed. I told them to peroxide it off, no pain at all, and then to put a drawing salve on it to keep drawing that concoction out. This had to be cleaned at least four times daily because of the wheeping--everything including my head got soaked through and through. On the third day, she told me something was sticking up out of my bump, she squeezed it out--hurt like a son of a gun, and finally pulled out a large marble sized solid mass of what looked like fatty tissue or a solid core.
Now, even peroxide was hurting it.

I had been having a ton of problems with sinus--a continual unending blockage in my nose--like it was swollen shut. After that marble came out, my sinuses have been open ever since, and I don't need nasil spray any more.

Back to the head--the whole is deep and large, still wheeping. But now I have 500 parts per million collodial silver (a natural antibiotic), plus the drawing salve, and peroxide that I still use, keep it clean, don't squeeze it much anymore accept when it looks like it needs any help, repeat all treatment. The bump is almost gone--went from half dollar size, silver dollar size, down to a half dime size. I will work with it until it is non existent, and keep treating it for a few days after there is no more bump, then I will keep it clean, treat it with silver, and leave it open to the air until it is thoroughly healed,. The pain went from nothing to really bad, scale of 0-10. 10 being worst, it was at a 10 is now down to about an 8 after working on it to about a 2 the rest of the time. Hopefully this info will help you. Meantime, if you find out anymore, let me know. I hope I do not need to go to the doctor, but I am leaving that option open if it becomes necessary.

I have had three removed. If your hair is long it will hide the stitches which will fall out. No bandages

Just had a cyst removed two days ago. Because my deductible was so high; I had to pay for it in cash. Total cost was $520; it was a large cyst on the scalp; about 2cm. Hope this helps.

did the hair grow back where the cyst was removed??

do they have to shave the hair off to remove the cyst? and if so, does the hair grow back?? thanks so much...!!!

Ive had this done afew times.They try not to remove any extra hair,they inject around it to numb it and then cut it out.You will have one or two stitches which will have to be removed after seven days. You wont need a bandage but will have to keep scalp dry for at least a couple of days.It might bleed after but i have to say mine have always come back and has come back and been infected two times and now i will have to go back

Ive had this done several times.They numb it and cut it out without trying to cut any hair.You have one or two stitches which are left in for a couple of days.You wont have a bandage,its left open,you cant wash hair for two days.I will say they will come back,mine has and get infected as well.I will have to go back and see a doctor

I go in soon to have the same thing done! Cyst removed from the back of my head I was wondering do they send you home with any type of painkiller

When removed two days ago this morning I woke up with swollen eyes… How long to the swollen eyes last for? I have a feeling they are going to turn black

My son had a huge cyst when he was 15 yrs old on his scalp. We had no idea what it was. I thought it was cancerous, I freaked out. Took my son to a dermatologist and he surgically removed it. The incision was huge L shape and healed poorly. It took over 6 months to heal and yet even after 6 months my son still had some little bleeding from the incision. I would say over a year to finally stop bleeding altogether. Some hair did not grow back. Now my son is 22 and he have another huge cyst on his scalp but not exactly the same spot as the old one. The huge cyst is completely bald and red (wonder y bald?). I also noticed a tiny new one growing next to the huge one that my son did not even feel because the huge one was so big he thought it was the same one. And also... the old cyst incision that took so long to heal... I saw a new slight lump that I know in the future could grow bigger again to be the old cyst. I feel so bad for my son with all these issues and knowing it will take him so long to heal. He have such thick hair but eventually he will have to be bald because of multiple incisions during lifetime. We are schedule to see a doctor this week.

Why couldn't the wound be stitched?

How long did it take for the swelling to go down? Did you have take antibiotics or steroids to help with the swelling? My husband did great the first day but has quite a bit of swelling on the side of his face and around his eye.

in the last few moths i have and unless you want to put a hat on you don't have to. i didn't need a bandage. yes you can wash your head. Be real careful when you brush or cumb your hair. I have to get more taken off tomorrow. The only thing I hate about getting them off are the shots to numb around them.