All skin irritations are a sign of digestive issues. I had the same thing and my first (wrong) instinct was to look at the external causes. I thought it was makeup, allergies, all different things that are outside of me that could cause it. I had a regiment of using bentonite clay in my smoothies int he morning but I had run out and didn't think about it. It is a natural way to take excessive metals out of the body. I have some filing that need to be replaced and are releasing mercury into my system. I did not realize how important the clay was until I ran out. I got it in the mail and took some (about 2 table spoons) before bed and woke up and the rash was almost completely gone. Nothing else changed in my life, just adding the clay. It is a band aid til I can replace the fillings but it is amazing. After a day an a half it is almost completely gone. You can get it in liquid or powder form. Good luck!

i also have and am looking for solutions.  one idea:  it is possible to be allergic to your glasses: frames, lenses, coating on lenses, etc.  titanium frames and glass lenses are worth a try.  i just ordered some, doc had never heard of such a thing.

You should have a blood test and see if you have Sjogren's.  This was something that took a long time to be diagnosed for me and found out that the flare-ups have something to do with Sjogren's which is an auto-immune.  I used to think this was allergy until a thorough blood test revealed I had Sjogren's disease, common to 40 plus but also for younger.  Ask for your doctor to check for this.  Most have not heard of Sjogren's.  It was good to finally find out what's causing the rash around the eyes and all over.

I found this site because I had the same rash around my eyes that everyone described. I didn't have J&J Baby Shampoo to try but I had Kirk's Original Coco Castile soap (coconut oil). I love the soap but didn't use anything around my eyes except water. I could tell a difference the day after trying it. And three days later, only I knew there was anything around my eyes (the raccoon look was gone and my eyes weren't so sensitive to light). The soap is at Cracker Barrel and some Walmarts. Hope this helps someone.

I to have this problem around my eyes. Have tyed the doctors , who had no answer. But I found a cream from the health food store, the brand is Martin and Pleasance and the cream is called URTICA , nettle being the star of the cream. It cleared up with in a week! good luck.

Well add me to the list. Going to doctor tomorrow will let you know. I have been sleeping on old dirty pillow cases some. I think I will take one guys comments here and wash them in real hot water to kill anything. Onlt washed then every two weeks and not in hot water. So he might have something there. I also sleep on my right side more than my left and that is the side that is the worse.

I found this site because I had the same rash around my eyes that everyone described. I didn't have J&J Baby Shampoo to try but I had Kirk's Original Coco Castile soap (coconut oil). I love the soap but didn't use anything around my eyes except water. I could tell a difference the day after trying it. And three days later, only I knew there was anything around my eyes (the raccoon look was gone and my eyes weren't so sensitive to light). The soap is at Cracker Barrel and some Walmarts. Hope this helps someone. It has been several weeks since I first posted and the rash is gone.

I found this board looking for something to get rid of my rash. Several posts talked about baby shampoo which I didn't have; but I did have Kirk's Coconut oil soap. It worked very fast (the raccoon look was gone in two days) and hasn't come back.

(My original post) I found this site because I had the same rash around my eyes that everyone described. I didn't have J&J Baby Shampoo to try but I had Kirk's Original Coco Castile soap (coconut oil). I love the soap but didn't use anything around my eyes except water. I could tell a difference the day after trying it. And three days later, only I knew there was anything around my eyes (the raccoon look was gone and my eyes weren't so sensitive to light). The soap is at Cracker Barrel and some Walmarts. Hope this helps someone.

I had that for years, sometimes on my neck also. I discovered that I was allergic to nightshades (white potato, peppers, tomato, eggplant). Has been gone ever since I learned to avoid them!

Over a period of 6+ months I had a red blotchy rash on the eye lids and under the eyes which at its worst would become sandpapery and burn.  I received a prescription of Elidel cream 1%, which after a few days of use would help to diminish the rash.  As the rash receded, flaking would occur.   Within a few days of stopping the treatment, the rash would quickly reappear at full intensity.  The Elidel cream also dried out the skin, temporarily leaving it wrinkly.  After a few months of this, the rash became very intense, so I went to see a dermatologist who explained that this was an allergic reaction possibly as a result of using hair colour or other allergies to maybe nuts etc.  He prescribed 1% Hydrocortisone ointment and said not to use the cream version because there were other ingredients in the cream that could aggravate the rash.  I tried the ointment for a few days and didn’t see a significant improvement. 

The doctor seemed very certain that this was an allergic (histamine) reaction, so  I decided to take Benadryl capsules  for a period of 2 weeks and the rash disappeared and it never came back.  During this period I did not colour my hair or eat nuts.  Benadryl was very affective in stopping my body’s histamine reaction.

Shortly after this treatment, I successfully reintroduced nuts to my diet and coloured my hair and have not had any rashes.

I had the same problem with the redness/burning/itching around my eyes, as well as around my mouth, and hives all over my body. The doctors couldn't help, I couldn't go long enough without benadryl for them to test me for allergies. I have been taking Zyrtec over the counter for years now - the rashes are gone and haven't returned. I don't know what causes it - I have sensitive skin, but no history of allergies. It did start shortly after having my first child, so maybe that had something to do with it?  I went on a potato-only diet for a week, no butter, no nothing - and washed clothes etc with hypoallergenic soap, did everything I could, still had hives & redness around eyes & mouth. Whatever it is, if I forget to take the Zyrtec at night, I will get a few itchy spots the next day to remind me to take it. But at least I can function and I don't have to look like a raccoon with a goatee!

Barbara did you figure out what it was? I look like a racoon. All around my eyes is red and kind of burns and itches and scaly somewhat, not real bad though., but it does bother me. I have tried changing hair product as one of them had the paraben in it and I thought I may be allergic to it. I sneeZe lots and nose waters alot too. I just cannot figure it out.

Hi I found this post and I'm so pleased I did as I have had the red itchy rash around my eyes for months now.I also have been given steriod cream,antibiotics and told to use unperfumed face washes moisturiser I even wear swimming goggles in the shower! No help what so ever..I'm off to doctors again tomorrow. Will keep you posted.x

I've explored this and my best guess is it's a dairy allergy.  Milk, cheese, ice cream, butter etc.

Red Rash around eyes, cured! please read.  I had a severe red rash around my eyes that came out of no where, I had not changed anything in my lotions or eating.  I tried to cure it with lotions from the grocery store with no luck, then I went to a dermatologist who gave me 2% hydrocortisone cream, at first the rash was better,  but after a week, it got a lot worse. I read on line that hydrocortisone is bad for your skin and can make it thinner.  So I stopped using it, my rash was even worse now.  I went back to the doctor, he wanted to put me on dangerous steriods, I said no way!! I searched for a natural cure.  I bought baby shampoo, a raw aloe plant, oat meal and olive oil.  I washed my eyes with cold water and the baby shampoo.  Than I put in the raw aloe clear gel from the plant itself, not gel from a bottle at the store.  It will dry, so you have to keep putting it back on. I did this for an hour or two, than rinse your face with cold water.    Than I mixed oatmeal and cold water into a mush and put that around my eyes, again it will dry, so keep putting water back on the make it moist.  I did that for an hour.  Than before I went to bed, I put a small amount of olive oil around my eyes after washing off the oatmeal and went to bed.  When I woke up , my eyes were healed,  still a little red, but the ichy, burning had gone away. I kept doing this for over a week with great results.  All natural is the way to go, please do not be in such a hurry to take harmful pharmaceutical drugs that doctors are so willing to give you and you have not idea what you are using on your skin and ingesting into your body.  All natural is the way to go!! Also, I stared using a juicer 2 years ago, after juicing raw carrots, beets, lemons etc, after just 2 months, my blood presure was way down,  100 over 70!! It also lowered my cholestrol.  GO green, go nature......get rid of your harmful pharmaceutical drugs.