i have the same thing on both of by eyes, tried tablets and also creams. the creams make my eyes itch. my skin has gotten chapped and around my eyes very dark. Doctors told me its allergies, but it happens anywhere and everywhere. so im trying cocoa butter on the chapped skin at nights

i have it to and I'm stumped !!! Benadryl make me very sleepy and looped!!!Can't stand this!!

I have had this before, around my eyes and nose. my doctor told me it was related to an excess of yeast on the skin of my face. I can't remember what he prescribed but my rash was gone before I'd even finished the sample he gave me. Maybe it'd help if you mentioned yeast as a possible cause to your doctor.

I turned 40, and I've been suffering from the itchy, red, burning, sandpaper skin for the past 4 years since moving to Texas from California!  Been to the Dermatologists and going to another one tomorrow.

So, I've read through everyone's posts!

Gonna get my Thyroid checked, and for the time being, I will try the grapefood seed extract pills, try and wash my eyes out with the anti-dandruff shampoo Nizrol, take vitamin E, Biotin, and try that anit fungal cream, since it may also be fungal/yeast infection!  

I will give it all a try and let you know how it goes in a week!  Wish me luck!

my friends and I all have this problem which begin after we started taking estradiol a hormone 

Hello everyone,

I've been searching the internet to find natural remedies to treat a red rash that had started as a small red rash right at the corner of my eye and had grown to a size of Blueberry after about a month. The rash is itchy, redish pink in colour, inflamed (slightly raised), flakes if touched and not moisturized, dry and came out of nowhere.

I am not a skin expert but I practise herbal and natural remedies involving Chinese Medicine. However, I wanted to try something easily accessible for other people.

I did note that at the time I was eating more dairy and sugar as it was during the Christmas period. This coupled with stress of organising events over the holidays may have flared up this rash after nearly 20 years! The last time I had this was when I was about 12 and the doctor couldn't tell me what was causing it but he prescribed me an antibiotic cream which helped it go after a month. However, I did not want to use antibiotics again as now I understand the harmful effects it has on the body.

I've tried a few suggestions but what I found worked was the below which cleared up my rash after 3 days (it is only small, about a month and half old so it may take longer for those who've had this problem for longer).

What you will need:

- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (commercial grade is OK but use more water to dilute as it's stronger)

- Tea Tree Oil extract

- A sensitive, non-perfume, naked, allergy friendly moisturizing agent (not Sorbolene - this actually worsens most skin complaints! Google around for more information). I used Virgin coconut oil from my local Indian grocer but you can use your favourite.

- Some cotton pads

- A clean sterilised jar

- Some water

Preparation:

- Make the cider vinegar toner: Mix into a jar, 1 part (I used a tablespoon) of the vinegar to 4 parts water. If using commercial grade vinegar, use 5 parts water.

- Make anti-septic moisturiser: Mix into a tub or jar, 1 teaspoon of Tea Tree Oil Extract to approximately 200mls of your favourite moisturiser. More for VERY oily skin, less for dry or sensitive skin. For coconut oil, you need to warm it up in a bowl of warm water before mixing as it is usually solid. I scoop 8 tablespoons from the jar into a ceramic bowl that is sitting in hot water and stir gently. I then pour into the jar - don't put your jar in hot water in case it cracks!

Method:

- Do this at least once a day, night time if only once a day.

- Wash your face as usual with a gentle cleanser. I use natural oil soaps such as Olive and Honey but it's up to you. Make sure there are no additives or anything that could irritate your skin. Your skin will be ultra sensitive to chemicals right now!

- Dip a cotton pad into your cider vinegar toner and apply topically to the rash. You want to hold and press it gently for at least 10 seconds. If it starts to burn take the cotton pad away and add more water to your tonic as it's too strong!

- Allow your skin to dry for about 5 minutes until the tonic has absorbed into your skin.

- Apply your tea tree moisturiser to the face to avoid any further infection and to nourish the skin.

NOTE: I have combination skin so I benefit from Tea Tea oil. If you have naturally dry skin then you are better off using Aloe Vera Gel or Coconut oil with less tea tree oil. Some people also use Witch Hazel or Jojoba Oil which I cannot tell if it works with this method but I do not see why it would not. Coconut oil and Aloe Vera Gel would work best as a moisturiser for your rash.

After the first night, the swelling subsided a little but the redness was still there. By the third night, the flaky layer came off completely (like a thin layer of skin) which at first shocked me but after removing it completely, a smooth and less red skin appeared. It is also lost its itch.

I repeated this for a further 3 days and it has completely gone. It has been gone for a month now so I wanted to share this with others who are suffering similar symptoms and have not tried this method yet.

Good luck and be careful with the strength of Cider Vinegar! Tea Tree oil can also dry your skin if you use too much!

I experienced the onset of redness around both eyes which was puffy and itchy and made the skin look dry. The only thing I had done outside of my normal routine was to build my first wood fire of the season. I went to the dr. and had a course of steroids which cleared it up.  Then the same thing occurred again within a week. Went back to the dr. but with some research this time which indicated that I possibly had a cedar allergy. (I don't know what kind of wood was in my woodpile - it had come with the house I had just moved into.) So, a second course of steroids cleared up the condition, and with it and afterward I have been taking antihistimines. Allegra Allergy, a 24 hour otc product. I'm still building fires, but with no repeats of the symptoms. I hope this helps someone.

I too developed an irritation around the rim of the eyelids about 7 months ago.  My symptoms were redness, itchy and flaky skin.  I have been to an optometrist, and two dermatologists.  Both the optometrist and one of the dermatologists prescribed some kind of cream which contained cortisone.  The second dermatologist told to me to discontinue using the cream because long term use could cause glaucoma.  He told me that what I had was Rosacia and prescribed Elidel.  It does help but I do not like the way my eyes sting. 

Earlier this year I developed itchy flaky skin around my eyes and especially on my eyelids.  I tried several suggestions given in this feed, and initially what helped was washing my eyes with Johnson's baby shampoo and applying Neosporin.  Unfortunately the problem kept reoccurring.  After waking one morning to eyes so swollen & red I couldn't open them, I ultimately went to the doctor.  He prescribed a 3-day round of Tobradex Eye Drops http://www.ehow.com/about_5038099_tobradex-eye-drops.html and advised applying Cortizone-10 on the affected area.  I saw positive results in less than 2 days and after the 3rd day of using the eye drops I only had some flaky skin with little itch.  I continued using the Cortizone-10 for 3-4 more days and it seems the problem is resolved.  Best news...I can wear make-up again!  Side note: the eye drops cost $48 for a super-small bottle, only to be thrown away after the 3-day dosage.

I get the rash above my eyes up to my brows - itchy dry skin with swelling.  I stop eating sugar completely and it goes away.(sugar hides in lots of things).  If some of you have a bad case, you could also eliminate wheat (which also hides in lots of things). 

I have been having swelling under my eyes then the skin becomes red. I do not have the itching or scaling or bumps...just a flush! I show negative to Lupus and a bunch of other things. The swelling and redness will stay for a few days then get better than come back the next week. This goes on and on! I don't think it is an allergy unless it is something like the dust mites. It is frustrating to see how many people are dealing with this without an answer! I was hoping I would find someone who found the answer!

I share the frustration of everyone on this feed. I boasted earlier that I thought I had been cured, only for it to return this week! When it did, I sent a link to this post asking questions of "The Doctors" of the Doctors Show to see what they have to say. Maybe the probelm needs more visibility in order to get some relief. May not help, but quess it won't hurt.

I had this problem of a red rash above my eyelids for a while, too. It turned out to be allergies. Stop use of nail polish! I was allergic to some of the chemicals in it, but "3 Free" nail polish seems to be fine for me. My food allergies to gluten, dairy, and garlic also cause the rash. Get yourself tested for allergies!

I'm a 43 year old female who also has developed a rash around the eyes about 4 months ago.  The rash is around the eyes, in between my eyebrows, beside one side of my nose, and on my chin area.   It gets ichy.    I've seen 2 doctors who don't seem to know what it is.    The first gave me cortizone, which didn't help.   The 2nd doctor told me it was viral and to just leave it alone and it would go away in a couple of months.  My pharmacists said to rule out allergies and suggested taking Reactin.  It looks worse than ever today.  I stopped wearing my make-up now.  I've never had any skin or allergy problems in the past.  My Mom thinks maybe our dog has passed something on to me. Good to know I'm not the only one out there, but this is very perplexing and annoying and ugly. 

I'm a 51 year old female & developed the eye rash and it lasted for almost 4 months.  Tried eliminating every possible cream, food, vitamin, etc and finally figured out it was a new pair of sunglasses I had been wearing.  It started right around the time I bought them and was especially bad, almost blisters on the bridge of my nose, and very red and bumpy on my eyelids and at the corners of my eyes.  Finally figured it out one day when I wore them for several hours while outside and exercising and the rash got really bad.  Stopped the sunglasses, went back to an older pair and the rash has been gone now since a week after I stopped wearing  the glasses, almost 2 months now.  Hope it never comes back!