have you tried allergy pills and removing carpets from your home which may be holding your allergy triggering substance

i am having the same problem. After a shower, it is worse.

Yes Im another one who has the same problem, eyelids red, chaffed and tight.  I have weepy eyes thoughout the day and this leads to redness also in the corners of both eyes.  I have tried everything and like many of you above have been given cortisone cream which clears it up but continues to come back.  I was diagnosed with Graves disease (hyperthyroidism) last year (auto immune disease) which basically means I have an overactive thyroid.  This is controlled now with medication and the thyroid is back to normal readings so I am no longer on the medication.  I have been told that this condition can cause you to have eyelid redness.  Can anyone relate to this?  Its so frustrating seeing yourself in the mirror every morning looking red and tired looking!!!!

I have had this same rash that just seem to appear overnight. I had travelled back from overseas so at first thought it may be due to being run down. Just as you say, I went to two doctors who could not work out a diagnosis, I was given a cortisone cream but this did nothing. Moisturers including basis sorbolene caused great stinging and only made it worse. I have had three out bursts of this and it goes on and on and really is very uncomfortable. i got quite alot of relief from washing my fash with No more tears baby shampoo, this really reduced the edge. But my greatest relief and I think it may have fixed the problem is Paw Paw Ointment - UNREAL!!!!!!! it is the most calming thing to put on the skin and within 48 hours the rash was almost gone. Now I am up to day 3 and the skin is looking more normal than it has for months. Hope this works for others out there - good luck! it is a really tricky one to heal.

OK baby shampoo may do the trick but good old calamine lotion gave instant relief from the itching and the redness. I belive I got the rash/blisters from gardening, rubbing my eyes and spreading it across the area. Over the counter eye drops helped but very little treatment required. Calamine lotion looked a bit peculiar but.....it worked beautifully.

Thanks everyone for the answers. For those of you who suggested it was an allergy were correct. Turns out I was allergic to my achne medication. For any of you who still have this, it is probably an allergy. Thanks again :)

I have the same kind of rash under my eye and on my eyelid reaching up to my brow.  it started after i used a felt tip eyeliner so i discontinued use, but the rash has not cleared up.  I now am rubbing vaseline on my eyes and not using make up.  Need help!

I have this also. steriods seems to calm it but I can't keep taking the medication. Creams don't work. I too don't know what to do. I feel your pain.

Hi, all I am another suffering from red soreness on eyelids and and under the eye, they also get really wrinkly if I rub them.
I think its all a  reaction from chemical sprays like fertilizer, pesticide spraying, chemical plant fires, explosions, etc. and where I live they spray the towns for mosquitoes and it all blows my way.Coincidentally, I get my break outs within 4 days after they spray.
Most msds sheets on these sprays say eye irritant and or skin irritant. I haven't worn make up since the beginning of the summer
and seem to have this problem from June through Nov. for the past 4 years. My doctor says its allergies but it does feel more like a
burn and I dont sneeze or cough and my eyeballs are fine. Its so annoying and cortizone cream is not good because long term use
can damage the eyes i stopped using it all together just use ice packs.

It is hypersensitivity to allergens or product.  Because this skin is thin it is very sensitive.  Hydrocortisone 2.5% ointment (not cream - it is drying) and tacrolimus 0.1% ointment - both twice a day.

I Have the same exact thing. Started 6 weeks ago and the doctor had me on staroids twice and one week later the raccoon eyes was back.
I'm going to try the natural yogart .and the 1 vit B tablet and see if it works. I'll let you know if it works.

I'm 67 and never use flouride or tartar control toothpaste and have the same thing! My doctor put me on steroids but it only came back after 1 week. I still have it and I'm starting to use different natural products such as oatmeal on my eyes to see if that doesn't clear it up.

pawpawlady wrote:

Quote:

I'm a 46 year old female who has developed a rash around the eyes almost 1 year ago. The rash is only around the eyes and extends to the eyebrow. They ich alot. I've seen 5 doctors who don't seem to know what it is. They keep giving me steriods which clears it up but once I am finished with the steriods, it comes back, sometimes worse. The doctor's tried creams, but did not work. The medication only makes them ich more, or they seem to burn and make the eyes water. Is there anyone out there who has developed this condition and has stumped their doctors on what it is? Can it be a bacteria infection? Please let me know. This has been going on for 11 months and I'm not sure if I can take it any more. The rubbing of the eyes has caused it to be dry, chapped and sore. Could this just be an allergy? If so, what can be done? I can't keep taking steriods to control the condition. I need to find out what it is to attack the cause......

I have suffered for over a year with this and I am interested in the Paw Paw ointment. What kind? Is there a specific brand? What exactly did you use? I am desperate!

Use greapfruitseed-extract oil on your skinn instead of Cortizone. I too have the rashes mainly and worst around the eyes (thought it was candida for so long) I have noticed that it breaks out with sweet stuff, curry, citric acid, regular alcohol (not with the finer distilled stuff) . . . I've had it coming and going since oct. 2007 and lately it's constantly there, and right now it's really bad. I'm wondering weather to go and have liver kidney milt spleen check!? Or if it can have anything to do with the SINUS!? ...and/or something with being full of toxins/acidic. ..So on the acidy note we can all start drinking 2-3 liters of water daily of which one is with a freshly squezed lemon ...you can add limes too if u like. 

I feel the same as you and have what sound like the same thing, ...I wonder ...because different parts of the face represent different organs, so perhaps some organs are out of balance.
Or something emotional, Psychosomatic.
USE greapfruit-seed extract-oil on it, it helps and linders troughout the day, its good for the collagen (and you can even drink it in water or juice).
Its Natural.