Mnfun2bme, I live in Ohio. SarMai, sorry this has happened to you too. I just don't understand how drs who perform this were not told that this was a possibility for SOME patients. I know there are people who have had successful ablations bc I have two friends who had it done. But I just can't imagine muscle pain feeling the way this feels. Currently, at month 4 since things became more constant...I am feeling pain in low back, buttock, low ab, and hip. Mostly on right. It hurts to stretch, exercise is OUT of the question!!!! Yikes!

I hear you on the fact that when dealing with some male doctors and obgyn's they look at you like you have 2 heads and that we shouldn't be bothering them with such things. I too am experiencing the same symptoms as you, however I have gone through 2 ablations and still the pains are far worse than ever. I know the pains are not just in my head as I am doubled over all the time and for about a week or more at a time. I tend to have no bleeding and if I do, it is either very minimal or heavier than they should be and with clots the size of grapefruits...yet I am told there is nothing wrong...which to me that isn't normal, and grapefruit is putting it lightly for size wise!

So, I am just now sitting up typing this after writhing around in pain for the last two hours. This is beyond ridiculous. I go in for another opinion in Jan, but I don't think I can make it til then. The pain is unbearable. I don't understand how doctors can't take a person seriously. Didnt they take an oath? I don't know what else to take bc Ibuprofen and Naproxen aren't cutting it. Any suggestions? The holidays are going to be awful. This sucks.

I was experiencing the same unbearable pain each month after having an ablasion done 5 years ago - I went to a new GYN and had an internal ultrasound done with a rod - it was found that I had something called Adenomyosis - please look this up - begining of November I had a particle hysterectomy and I have been pain free for two months now. I would highly recommend discussing this with your doctor. Good luck.

my last gynecologist did 2 ultrasounds, both internal and external. all they saw was a small cyst on right ovary (which he said certainly wasn't causing pain) and said that there were tiny cysts on my uterus which is what he would expect at this point past ablation. He said he was not willing to do a lap to see if there was anything else bc he didn't want to put me through this and find nothing. So, instead just let me go through all this with no mend in sight. So, a second dr was found, but I couldnt get in for almost 2 months. I am having the hardest time with pain management. ...I don't know how to manage all this. 

I'm glad you found another doc to see. Call them tomorrow and tell them that this is an emergency (unless, of course, you want the billing to be in January). I could actually see the pockets of fluid in my uterus on the ultrasound reading and I am not trained to look for that... but once they pointed the spots out to me, it was clear that something in those areas was different. As far as the pain goes, I am sad to say that narcotics were the only thing that touched my pain and it usually took more than 2 vicodin to touch the pain. The other drug has alluded me, but if you read back in this post, I listed what I was taking. I believe it was two oxycodone and two hydrocodone. Yes, I was completely drugged and only then, did I feel some pain relief. Some women have gone into ER for morphine drip if you read back in this post. Again, I am sorry you are experiencing this pain. Now is the time to advocate heavily for yourself and find someone who will help you. Sometimes the pain is all you can handle and if you want to get into the doc sooner, you will need help having someone advocate for you to get you in. This is an EMERGENCY. Pain like this is NOT normal and you should not have to experience it!

I called this morning and they could get me in tomorrow!!!! my have written out a whole bunch of my history and am taking my pelvic CT scan with me as well. but my biggest gun will be my husband when has watched me cry in pain and desperation now for 4 months! He will make sure that everything is said and that I don't forget anything. Sigh.....I'm hoping for some reasonable answers tomorrow. I will be completely discouraged if she tells me that she thinks its something other than gynelogical as well. 

Just saw this update. Glad you are going tomorrow. I will add that my pain was resolved with a Hysteroscopy where my doctor was able to literally poke a hole through scar tissue to allow the fluid to drain. My pain was due to a part of the uteran wall not being burnt enough in the ablasion and remained healthy. Long story short is that my body was still trying to have a period, but could not release the blood/fluid, so it was building up causing pressure and pain (very severe as well). I'm having very light periods now and NO pain! This was accomplished a little over a year ago. They said this happens with a very small percentage of people who have ablasions. Best of luck and I hope yours can be corrected with a minor outpatient procedure like myself. Take care!

I'm so glad you got an ealier appointment!!
I'm so glad your husband is going with you to help you through this. My husband will tell you that seeing me in that pain was probably the worst experience of his life. He felt helpless and he knew how REAL the pain was!

Good luck to you tomorrow. Hang in there..... you're making some progress~!

Well ladies it's been a year since my last post and now a year since yes, I had a partial hysterectomy! After a second opinion and absolutely no other choice I went through with it. I have adjusted extremely well and I wish I would of done it two years ago. I found hystersisters is a great site that has a ton of support. I wouldn't change having the hysterectomy for anything in the world, so glad I went through it.

Well, things are finally moving along! After my awesome visit with my new doctor yesterday, she ordered an ultrasound first thing this morning. I officially have the diagnosis! Post endometrial ablation syndrome with adenomyosis. Apparently I have a heart shaped uterus (which no one has told me before) and the dr who did the ablation would not have been able to burn all the areas of My uterus. thank you for pushing me to move my appointment up, I meet with the dr the day after New Years to do my surgical consultation. I am so ready to get my life with my children and husband back. This has been an experience I never want again and one I will never forget. 

So glad to hear things are moving forward for you!! I've been following your posts and am so happy you'll be getting some relief soon!! Hopefully you've gotten a prescription to help you through the holidays!!!!

HURRAY!!!! I'm so happy you have the first step to resolution. A good way to start the new year!! Sometimes you just have to be a very strong advocate for yourself!

On another note, I want to share with you a thought and concern that I am having since I have had the hysterectomy to resolve the issue created by the ablation. Trust me, I know this is so much less of an issue because the "death pains" are not part of this whole thing. When I went for my surgery consult for my hysterectomy, I was in so much pain, I wasn't thinking straight (let alone strong enough to research results and ramifications for hysterectomies). My doctor stated that she felt the least evasive procedure would be using scopes to go in and basically cut my uterus into pieces and pull it out in chunks. We did just that ..... a laprascopic hysterectomy only removing my uterus. It seemed like a fair and least evasive procedure... the most conservative approach.

Here are my new issues since making that desperate decision just to get out of pain. I would NEVER again decide to only remove my uterus and leave my cervix and ovaries. I am only 46 and would certainly leave my ovaries again, but I would have had a vaginal hysterectomy to remove my cervix and uterus. Here is what's happening to me now: My cervix has bad cells on it (found at a recent pap smear --which you still need to have if you don't remove your cervix.) The bad cells are creating my cervix to have a "period" each month - complete with cramping, bleeding, etc. Also found out that my cervix is "falling" into my vagina. I am likely to have to face surgery again in the near future to have it removed.... but for now, I have a coposcopy scheduled for January 2nd.

Please learn from my mistake so you do not have to suffer through what I am going through now.

Again, I'm so happy for you that you got in early and that you are heading down the inevitable path.

Oh no mnfun2bme! Like you need anymore Issues! I'm so sorry you are going through so much. Please keep us updated. 

Here is my problem now. I am concerned. This decision isn't one I want to take Lightly. I know what I saw on the ultrasound, and that's all great. But I am so concerned that I will have this taken out and there will still be pain. Because here is my dilemma....I don't think it's only just this. I think there are some other issues at play as well....and I don't want to be disappointed. I have seen so many people who "thought" they knew the cause of the problem. Some other things are I took a steriod, which helped the pain some...why? I also had a cortisone injection into my hip which helped some. Does a steroid help with pelvic pain? My pain has moved from right side to left, and back. Not sure if this is normal. I know these are all things to ask the doctor, but I just want to be POSITIVE it's worth taking things out. 

Did anyone else get twinges of pain in legs/groin/low abdomen when you coughed? I get the twinges occasionally, but def when I cough.  I'm terrified of spending weeks recovering to end up still having problems that were completely unrelated to this. Also, can they diagnose adenomyosis on a transvaginal ultrasound? I thought an MRI/hysterectomy were the only true ways to know. 

Everyone keeps asking me  "you must be sooooo relieved, right?" But the thing is, I'm just not. call it a gut feeling, or anxiety...or maybe just going crazy....but I thought I would feel different. 

These are all very good questions to go over with the new doc. Also, do you have a good relationship with a regular doc? Maybe someone who could help rule out other possible causes? It's not a bad idea.... I don't blame you wanting to ensure the problem before you just go slicing parts out of you which only may lead to other issues (which I can attest to.)
I happen to have a very good relationship with my regular family doc and he would push through with further testing if I felt that it would be beneficial and why I feel that way. Do you have anyone like that?
I will tell you that I did, in fact, have issues with pain in my back and sides. In fact, the first time I had the pain, I was sure it was a kidney stone because the pain hurt almost as much in my back as anywhere.

I do not know if they can diagnose andenomosis on a vag. ultrasound. I tend to believe there must be some capability.... because now that I think about it, my doctor at Mayo Clinic talked a bit about it when I went there for the visit and they did do a vaginal ultrasound that day. Another great question.

Keep me posted... in the meantime, one day at a time. Hope you feel well enough through the holidays!

Lisa