I had two cysts on the front of my scalp - one was 1.5cm and the other was 3cm. It had to be scheduled as a "surgery" in the office - different insurance codes, etc. To have both removed (outside the first $75 office visit [I'm not insured]) it cost me $401. They also sent both off to be checked out in the lab.

Hello, I had my first cyst removed 3 years ago. I then had it removed again about 4 months later. It was fine till about a year ago. It has returned again. I didn't have it removed I still have it and will not remove it again unless it bothers me. NL

are these cyst's soft and guey??

i had 6 removed yesterday n it was fun!!! they had me go to the hospital n be put to sleep. i was there for like 6 hours then discharged. nothing too bad it hurt when i awoke from being knocked out but instantly there was a lovely nurse at my side offering me healthy doses of some kind of iv pain killer after about 2 mg of the magic drug i was escorted to lala land! i guess i was too high to notice but i was also given 1500mg of vicoden as well so there was a seamless entry between drugs and i never felt a thing until i took a shower 2 days later!

I had 6 removed on friday...it was done while i was awake.they just numbed the area and began take the out one by one...when they were done i felt alright.but on my way home it hurt like hell.if i ever have to do this again i want to be put to sleep.I did this on friday and the pain just went done today.just took some pain killers for teh pain but i swear they didnt help.i never washed m,y hair yet cause i was afraid it will hurt even more.but since it went down alot i will wash my hair tomorrow and see how it feels.my scalp feels crusty but the doc told me if will be like this but will eventually come back to normal with a month or 2.

I had a largw cyst removed from the top of my scalp. I was put under anesthesia (thank goodness). felt good that afternoon and the next day. The 3rd day however, I began swelling( facial) blood pressure went up and ran a fever. The swelling continued downward through my head and I had black eyes. Was put on bedrest with my head elevated for 5 days. This part I was unprepared for. Glad it is over.....

I had a scalp cyst at the back of my head for about 10 years, it became infected and grew to the size of a golf ball. The pain was unbearable and had it removed 2 days ago under local anaesthetic (i had to go private as the nhs had a 3 month waiting list). The anaesthetic had to be topped up 3 times as i could feel everything. The hole has been packed with gauze and i have to have it cleaned every day for 1-2 weeks sothe infection will not re-occur (i had 2nd degree infection). I wore a bandage around my head for the first day then had the area shaved the next so an adhesive dressing could be stuck to my scalp. A biopsy has been sent off for analysis and now im anxiously awaiting my results.

I had a Cyst removed from the top of my head in July. Its a 2 or 3 inch long horizontal incision and the neurosurgeon shaved quite a bit around it. I had to be put under and I had the surgery at 8 am and was out by 1pm. I had been put on morphine and Percocet and neither numbed the pain, from what I remember in my grogginess was complaining about the pain and asked for something better. The nurse got me Vicodin. I had to take 2 Vicodin to get any help and all it did was knock me out! I wished they would have let me have motrin, only thing that works for me, but its a blood thinner so I would bleed to death if I took it. I had about 16 staples across and I was actually up and about the same day but I had to wear a bandage around my head for about 2 days and I couldn't shower for a week. after a week I could take a bath but still not wet the area. (2 days after the surgery we went shopping and a staple popped out and caused pain) 2 weeks after surgery the doctor removed what was left of the staples, because about half of them popped out 2 days previously.

most of my hair is back but I still have a patch of no hair and it looks a bit weird.. but I hope it doesn't look to bad once it is fuller. The hair growing in is only about an inch and maybe a half.

Where are you having it done for 270.00 - they are wanting to charge me 400.00 per cyst and Ive been unable to do it because of the money. I have taken them out before but with insurance and now I to do it out-of-pocket and its becoming difficult especially that I have more than one.

do they retransfuse you with blood if you lose blood?

Today I was scheduled to remove two cysts from my head. I went to the clinic that my family doctor booked me in at. I was already, sitting in the chair, shirt off, then they say, that it would cost $1,000 - and that I'll probably get a couple more in my life, and these ones might grow back. Thanks, but no thanks. Good-bye. I went back to my Doctor this afternoon, and she was appalled at the cost.
It badly interferes with bicycles helmets, and causes pain when I wear my motorcycle helmet. I live in Ontario where stuff is supposed to be covered by OHIP, and apparently this is over and above. Where do you live that it only cost 270? At this point I'm thinking about talking to my vet friend and getting him to do it as I can handle minor surgery like this without freezing.

I had a cyst removed a week ago yesterday. I live in Ontario as well. You're correct, OHIP does not cover the cost of the cyst removal. However, my family doctor removed the cyst for $100.

He commented that it was bigger than he normally removes from patients. He showed me the cyst once it was removed. it was about the size of a marble. I have 6 stiches.

ummm hey im a 15 yr old girl and i was wondering what this bump was and i came to this i have a question will the hair in that spot grow back ??

I had a great experience both times I had sebaceous cysts removed from my scalp. The doctor performed the procedures in his office, and he and his nurse were so sweet and comforting. The anticipation of losing a lot of blood scared me the most; however, they did such a good job of controlling the blood loss. When everything was over, I was surprised to see that there was no blood whatsoever on the protective sheet they put over my clothes. Rather, it was just on a few pieces of gauze.

If you are scared about having this procedure done, it is really not a big deal. It's quick and easy; both times I had it done, I was out of the office in 30 minutes. There is some pain associated with the procedure, but it goes away after a couple of days.

I love that there are no lumps on my head anymore. It was kind of embarrassing to get my hair cut, colored, and styled, because I was always wondering what my hairdresser was thinking when she felt the bumps.

By the way, he did not shave my head or cut my hair, which was a huge relief!!