I have it too. I'm pretty sure it's not lice. It's just part of skin conditions like excema or rosacia, the hot water and the soaps strip the skin of natural oils which people with these skin conditions have less to begin with. it's not really something to worry about if it disappears. U can get a dermatologist to prescribe creams if it rly bothers you. 

dermatologist! go to the dermatologist!

He was talking about wrestling not swimming

I have the same! From a bath or shower the red rash I have only on top half of my body tho not raised but each to the size of a fifty pence peace ! Shoulders neck face top of backand chest area only last for about 30 /40 then go,s been having this since a young child x but I have for that if I have a tan it don't come on till tan weres off

I've had that since i was a kid, I've just been ignoring it but it's getting kind of annoying lately. :/

So the only real solution is to get a shower filter?

I have the same problem!!! I started to get them when I started college and now there's so many of them and they won't go away. Maybe it is body lice but washing everything in boiling water doesn't work for me. Even bleaching... Plus I'm self conscious now and I don't like that.

I am 16 and for the past year and a half after I get out of the shower I have read patches on my legs and feet. They are not itchy and thy go away a few minutes after I am all dry. I havent worriwd too much about it because it doeant last ling but now it is starting to spread to my belly and but so I am starting to worry. Should I be worried? Is there anything I really can do to fix it or should I just leave it be? If I leave it will it make a difference to my long term health?

One website that was doctors giving people information was that is really common and that it's just dry skin and oily moisturizers should help

I'm not quite sure, but i have experience the same thing for years. I think it comes from too much yeast in the body or some type of bacteria, based on some reading.

I've had this for a few years. It is heat induced urticaria. Take an antihistamine every night (I take and recommend cetirizine), and you should be able to shower each morning without any itchy blotches. It can take a few days for the drug to build up in your system so don't lose hope if it doesn't work the first night you try it. If you miss an antihistamine one night though you will flair up and itch after a shower the next morning. Dan

I have developed similar but it looks like chicken pox. Wonder if there are mould spores in shower head?

I've heard that it could be a form of water induced heat rash. Overexposure to hot water, or even five to ten minutes, can inflict a heat rash like area of red or pink splotches. Try switching to just lukewarm water or perhaps changing to cold water every once in a while in your shower. I know that you posted this over a yetarago, but it still might help you. If you're really concerned, you might want to ask a specialist just in case. :)

I have the same issue, after bath red patches and itching.. will disappear after 30 min or an hour. Tried many ways, consulted with doctor...everybody told.. dry skin. Finally I have tried 3 things (Not sure which started working) 1. Increased humidity in my house 2. Add Apple Cedar Vinegar to bathing water (no shower). 3. Used CERAVE cream after bath. Now itching has been reduced (not fully). Red patches appears, not like before. May it will go after few weeks. Give it a try... adding Apple Cedar Vinger can do magic..

I just read a different post somewhere about chloramine use in water and this sounds like the same issue chloramine dot org has more info about it. I hope that helps and so sorry to hear about your issue :-/

Yes its in the water! I don't know what they are putting in the water BUT IT IS NOT GOOD!