Wow I have had this problem for a couple of years now where my face and neck get red itchy spots... I recently realized it is the water.  But not just the water, but the steam of the water as well.  Hot tap water is the absolute worst.  My face gets itchy if just the steam of the water hits my face.  My only solution is to bathe in purified water.  This has basically fixed the problem, but it is extremely difficult to stay completely away from tap water since its everywhere.  I use a zerowater filter.  This filter purifies the water to bottled water standards and even comes with a tester to prove it.  Basically whatever area you suffer the itching from dont let regular water touch that area, nor the steam of the water either, and dont use any chemicals on those areas.  When i shave my face i heat up about 3 cups of purifed water or else my skin will breakout in red itchy spots off and on in the day.   All i have to say is for the people that don't have the itch on there face to be eternally greatful!  

I am constantly itchy, regarless if it is right after a shower or not. I get red blotches on my upper body, especially my stomach and sides, when i shower. It is not bugs, it is not sampoos or soaps. I have been to a dermatologist. They have no idea, except the temperature of the water. Problem with this is that I live in Buffalo, NY (it gets damn cold here). I can itch even if im outside and its freezing. I itch more from any moisture, water, sweat, etc. I am allergic to Sulfa. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, meaning my immune system isnt the best. I honestly believe my allergy has something to do with it.  To the person who said herpes, stop trying to scare people, its not herpes.  There are a whole bunch of ways to try and treat it. what ive found, is first to shower in cooler water, If i apply lotion after im dry, it takes the spots away faster and sometimes relieves the itching. Possible reasons could be sensativity to the temperature, concentration of chemicals such as chlorine and flouride etc in your water supply. honestly, I dont believe this dangerous to MY health, (this is not me saying it is not dangerous) however, it is an annoyance, and may be embarrassing to some. I shower at night, however, my skin is normally itchy, so no matter what i do, it can be an annoyance in any situation, and in some, can be a hinderance.  Good luck in trying different things, if anyone does have an actual diagnosis from a dr, that does solve the problem, please share, because my drs couldnt figure it out!

It the water. You guys have no clue what I have been through for 3 years. Emergency rooms and all Kinds of creams. I'm trying coconut oil from a health store and beer bath masks. But this is the government. The health care bull sh*t. I've noticed more and more people around me have it. People are scared because no one knows what to do. In fact my dermatologist just keeps charging me with no answers. I have confronted her about how ignorant she is being with having no education on skin disorders because shes a dermatologist! Someone is doing something to us. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone has this eventually in the next 5 years. This is mad!!!!

after bath red spot on my face since 2 years

Stop ejaculating for 20 days. Healed.

It might be hard water. If you get a showrr filter it should go away

Same thing with me but mostly on chest but the blotches are way too noticeable. There kind of itchy but I do t scratch them for fear of getting worse

I have this aswell! everytime after a shower, and they are more prominant after a hot shower. They appear on my upper arms and sometimes on my chest. I'm freaking out that itmight be some fungul thing! They are generally not itchy, just red and raised and basically a splotch no bigger than an australian 5 cent coin.

Use 'OXY10' it's a cream containing benzoyl peroxide and you can buy it from boots. I used it once after i got out of the shower and ever since i got back in the shower the blotches have gone and its fantastic!!

same for me i get a little white head that is surrounded by red and it really itches. i don't think it's body lice cause it only happens in water. i get them after i get out of the shower and when im in a pool. weird.

u shower with really hot water?

Thank you for the helpful info

Try to look up on the net about aquagenic urticaria. Seems that's what you have. Good luck with it, doesn't look easy to get rid of...

I have the exact same problem that is being described in this forum.

It has nothing to do with soaps/detergents/shampoos. Went to a dermatological and was told that it was not and allergic reaction as such, but a body's physical reaction to the water leading to an allergic response. (red blotches with small white bump). 

Mine could get really bad at times.

The first thing I took was something called Aterax (25mg). I took one everyday for 3 days before I had a shower. It is a really strong antihistamine. After that I moved to Allecet (Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg) and as long as I take one every two days or so my reaction to water is significantly reduced. I either get no itching at all or one or two bumps. This has made an amazing impact on my quality of life.

I also did not masturbate for a month and a bit during this time (not sure if this made a difference)

I hope this helps you like it helped me.

i have the same problem mine started wen i got on birth control. ill get them on my face,legs,back,upper boddy and chest. ive tried getting off the birthcontrol but its not working mine will last up to 1 house or so. idk how to cure it. i was jus dignosed with endometriosis. but the doctors dont noe wat the red splotches are from.