How can so many people have the same issue and no one have any idea what it is. I Get red Ichy bumps on my upper back, chest, neck, and stomach. They ich horribly and are slowing driving me crazy. They dissapear after 30-40 minutes and i get them from ANY kind of water including sweat. Does no one have an answer as to what this is!?

It's called dehydration. When you start drinking plenty of water as recommended, you'll get rid of all your skin problems. Please note that I don't mean juide,pop, etc. I mean water. I have had this and other skin problems and I solved them by drinking plenty of water, more than recommended.

I have the same problem after showering. The hot shower reveals the UV damage to my skin. The blotches are cells which have been significantly changed or damaged by exposure to the sun.

You can expect skin cancer to reveal itself over time.

I took photos of my skin last night and posted them on my website ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed (my pics page)

I will be taking further photos after treating the skin cancers to see if the blotchiness reduces.

The Answer to The Problem?

If you are fair skinned....protect yourself from the sun. You cannot undo the damage BUT you can prevent more damage happening.

Solar UV is kryptonite for people with fair skin...we just don't realise it until we age and the damage is revealed!

Hey this is in reply to those suffering from the itchy red blotches that appear after your shower.
Its nothing to worry about. I experience the same thing.
Basically you have sensitive skin, if you have a very hot shower/bath and use extensive amounts of shower gel your rubbing away the protective layer of skin which can irritate, especially those WITH sensitive skin. Everyone has sensitive skin, but we all react differerently to which ever product/material we use.

In my experience, its usually after a bath or shower. I come out in large blotchy rashes covering most of my neck, sometimes my chin and down in the inside and outside of my arms and hands. Sometimes it can be quite itchy and sometimes it may have a burning/throbbing sensation and goes away with about 30mins to maybe and hour at the most. I'm even left with some dry, tichy patches of skin in sweat point e.g crook of the arm, arm pit and inbetween fingers.

Now after consulting a doctor, I was told it is a very common thing. Its just the water. Because the water thats running from your taps isn't exactly mountain spring and fresh, it can be quite harsh to your skin. So, simply adding something that softens the water, may stop the rash from appearing.

I use something called Dermol 500 lotion, which you can put in your bath (instead of bubble bath) which creates a milky effect, you wont have to use shower gel/lotion as this also cleans your body, doesnt have a fragrance, but I guess thats what deodorant and perfume is for. It can also be used as a lotion for after the shower and at anytime during the day. Its fantastic for your skin, hydrates and keeps you looking nice and fresh.

Even something like Johnsons Baby Bath products, which is obviously used for babys skin, but it isnt limited. Why not use this and have baby soft skin :-).

If you do have any concerns, always consult your doctor, thats what they are there for. I am NOT a doctor and my symptoms may not match yours, but it is always useful and wont cause any harm to try.

Hope this works :-) Rosieee

I experience this same issue and I'm pretty sure it's the water. Out here in the desert we have gross hard water, which dries out your skin immensely. Add to that some heat now that the weather is cold (I shower at night) and I'm itchy on my face and chest for at least an hour afterward. I try to add moisterizer as soon as I dry off and it seems to relieve it quickly.

READ THIS!

I had the exact same problem for 2 years. Extremely red itchy bumps right after a hot shower that would fade away within 2 hours. It was so frustrating I dreaded taking a shower. I went to the doctor and allergy specialist and was told it was just an allergic reaction to hot water or one of my grooming products. I tried antihistamines, anti-itch lotions and nothing worked. But I did find a solution! I thought to myself what if the doctors are wrong and it has nothing to do with an allergy. So I started experimenting. I found an unexpected cure. Acne medication with benzoyl peroxide (PanOxyl gel 5%) designed to kill bacteria causing acne. I spread it all over my neck, chest and back after my shower. Next time I took a shower, I had only a couple bumps so I did it again. After that I have not had a single itchy bump and it has been several weeks now. I know I did not have a simple case of acne because it only showed up right after a shower, but maybe it was a bacterial infection that was aggravated by hot water. I don't know, but it worked so give it a try!

Shower head filters - invest in one, probably skin reaction to chlorine.

It could also be your laundry detergent, believe it or not! I am in the middle of figuring out my itchy red welt problems and have noticed a difference when I double rinse my laundry. I also use a detergent that is fragrance and color free.

It could also be ammonium lauryl sulfate. I splashed myself when washing dishes the other day. The water was very soapy and got on the front of my shirt. Within 30 minutes the area that got wet was full of welts!

Good luck finding the answers.

I've had this problem for a few years now. im only 17 but started getting it when i was really young. i always use different soaps but it never goes. a lot of people told me that its because i have hot baths and showers, but it seems the cooler they are, the worse i get the rashes. i dont know if its just me but theres always a tiny white dot in the middle of the rash? i've started getting them on my face now, which is annoying because whenever i have a bath i have to wait quite a while before i can go out because my face is always blotchy. i went swimming last year for the first time in a few years and the rashes came up really bad, it was disgusting. so the only conclusion i can come up with is that its the chlorine in bath water that causes it. if there is chlorine in it that is? quite reasuring that im not the only one though :-) if anyone can help, please do. also is there any kind of treatment you can get for this? Thanks.

i know its nothing to do with the soap because im having the same problem when i get out of the hot tub, but not as much out of the shower, but im pretty sure i have lower chlorine in my shower than most people, so i think it must be the chlorine. im not sure if this helped at all to anyone else but thats what i think it is

I have went to a dermitologist for this issue on the skin, and its due to a slight tempature change on the skin that makes it react like that...no fungus, no bugs, you just have sensitive skin. May be due to wonderful hormones and that is why it just randomly started occuring. But the only way to control it is to take an allergy pill Zyrtec or one perscribed by a Doctor, it calmed it down a bit for me but I hate taking medication when it isnt really needed, its just annoying and embarassing. But no cure...boo.

The same thing happens with me. When I get out of the shower I have red blotches on my arms, chest and back. This has been going for a while. Then it started getting worse. It would only happen in the shower. Not while I was at the beach, or at a lake, just in the shower. It only happens when i take a hot shower too, if I take a cooler one, nothing happens. I asked my friends and mother about it, and they said that it is just because the water is hot. I started taking cooler showers, and they stopped showing up. Hope this helps.

hey sorry to burst ur bubble but wouldnt that make your shower more deadly?! search it up if you have to bu adding the vit c filter to a clorine + water will only make a bigger problem, say hydrocloric acid? i was thinking to meself wow...

I have sarcoidosis and whenever I take a bath or shower in fairly warm water I get red blotches all over my skin. They do not itch and fade when I cool down. I know that it's related to my disease but I'm not really sure why. Regardless, the greater the flare up with the disease, the more pronounced the blotches.

I've dealt with this for a few years and have no idea what causes it.  Even my own sweat causes a reaction.  I had a feeling it was my laundry detergent, dryer sheets, shampoos, soaps . . .  It'd be really awesome if someone could tell us what it's from.