Aren't the red spots just "shaving rash" ?

im 14 years old and i just shaved my pubs for the first time. a couple minutes after they started to hurt and then got red and itchy. now i have little pimple like bumps around. would putting lotion on help? ?

Hi I just shaved for first time and I am 14 there is little pimple like dots there and it is itchy and when I walk it hurts.I also have short sharp pubic hair now.

Is there anything I can do to help it?
How long will it be there?
Will the pubic hair smoothen?

When I look back I think that this was a stupid idea can someone plz awnser me

last night i shaved my pubic region (balls, penis and crack) for the first time using the same razor as my sister does for her vagina. at first i liked the smooth feeling when i stroked my balls and shaft but when i woke up the next day to play a little tug boat it was all red and itchy it has been killing me all day PLEASE HELP! i think i may have got a sti frorm using my sisters razor????? should i go see a doctor or is there something i can do !!!!

What if you accidently cut your self?!

i shaved down there 3 days ago and it was ichi so i went to bed without knowing what it was scratching next day the places i scrathed got ichi and the other bits went red and a lil bit bumpy so i guessed ill leave them and i woke up the next morning with a big rash down there so litrally this is always in the case it always gets worse before it gets better and now it feels a bit better.

i shaved my pube often and i find to get rid of the burning is to rest a damp cloth on the shave areas to soth the pain then after use an acne cream or pad to remove the red dots

Hey, I'm 14 and I just shaved around my penis for the first time like a half hour ago. I'm gonna tell you right now, DONT TO IT. Its so freaking annoying, i totally have razor burn right around there. I used a non-electric razor with shaving cream and water. It hurt a lot when i was doing it, and definitely is NOT worth the time. Next time i will either trim, or just leave it as is. By the way, yeah, I have hair on the shaft too....well, i did >:-(

Bottom Line: Don't do it. There is no reason to

wutup , im 16 and i shaved my pubic hairs for the 2nd time and its really irritating and just like dude said, its red and ish. I really dont know what to use to rid myself of the irritation. And yeah it isnt worth the time unless u just trim. Does ANYONE have an answer to this problem ?!! :'(

From a girl's perspective...It's not that we like it sompletely shaved, we just like it trimmed up and not so "wild." I know this could be somewhat embarrassing for guys, but there is a woman's razor and one side is a razor and the other is a vibrating electrical trimmer. GET THAT RAZOR and trim it up as short as you can, then you dont have to worry about the rash and bumps which almost everyone encounters after shaving their private parts. It's a great investment and you'll be hooked!

Yeah, I'm a 15 year old male and I shaved my pubic hair for the first time yesterday and I have these red bumps and they hurt like hell. I couldn't sleep last night so I put lotion on the area and layed a sheet of paper towel over it and it worked alright. I'm hoping this goes away soon, I can't stand the feeling.

hey everyone i just shaved for the first time. I'm never doing it again i did it cause i thought when girls give a guy a bj they dont want hair in their mouth. Basily what happens is that it iches like hell and if u get red dots and shave it they start to bleed and some of the dots maybe white and will pop like a zit. I recommend to not shave just cut the hair down a bit and it only takes bout a week for ur hair to grow back so it wont itch. :'(

this has happened to me before. i shaved my pubes and red dots have came up before. kinda like pimples, don't worry to much about it, they go away in a few days, at first i didn't thing it was because the razor, but my dumb ass shaved with a razor again.

thanks a lot for replying guys... I shaved for the first time then had sex with my girlfriend the day after and I was concerned wheather the red bumps were from shaving or of they were an STD/STI even though we had protected sex

im 17 and ive been shaving since i was around 14 so to all the people that shaved and got a rash that cause little red bumps to come up dont worry cause its perfectly normal and ive found that if u have after shave to rub it on before u go to sleep because at night the area is very itchy and irritating. Also when ur shaving it is helpful to rinse the shaved area frequently cause it helps u see uve done so far and where to go next. Also to the other guy that asked about continuing to shave while the rash is still there.. u can but be careful and try to use an electric shaver if u can because u can cut urself easily