I have just used aftershave and it relieved the pain but I dont know how long it will last. I hope they go away soon its been a few days now. I used nivea balm but it doesnt really help. Should I keep applying product or should I just leave it alone?

yes you ar not the only one i have hair on my shaft aswell

Well, I did the same thing; I have absolutely no idea why and I really wish I hadn't, got the same symptoms as you all said. I hope it gets better soon cause its real itchy! My advice would be don't, its way more hassle that its worth! Also, my unqualified guess is that having regular showers will make it clear up quicker.

I got the rash after shaving one night, and got a real big itch that night. So I decided to look up if there was anything against it, to stop the rash from going further.
Then I read here that the rash comes from bacteria. So I decided to wash my shaved pubic zone with what we have here in Europe called: Fa Cremeseries. It's a Johnson's Company european brand, so it must be available worldwide, perhaps under a different brandname, but it is a handsoap, cream-like and made with Yoghurt-protein and Aloe-Vera-Milk.

Cause I thought I had to kill the bacteria first.
And suprisingly it worked so well! The rash didn't spread anymore, the itching was gone, and it felt really fresh and cooling!

So that's my solutions from now on when the rash and itching comes after a close shave of my pubics.
And you can't stop the rash.....it will always come.

Can the Folliculitis reoccur after it healed a bit? It was like the rash came back a little bit, I haven't shaved since and I was afraid of the worst. But, since the bumbs occured like the day after I shaved for the first time, I think it is safe to say that it was nothing more serious. I know I sometimes get ingrown hairs on my thighs.

The comments on here have relieved a lot of fear I had! :-)

found all you guys comments useful.. i would recommend a cream like sudocream.. it was driving me crazy but its managable now !

im 13 and i shaved my pubes for the first time with a regular razor, and like when i woke up there was like little red bumps
kinda looked like a rash, and, it itches like hell. hopefully it goes away soon..?

Hello, I just shaved for the first time yesterday and got a rash. i discussed it with some friends that have been doing it for a long time and they say it will get rashy and bumpy the first couple times but after that you wont have that problem. i honestly do like to hae it shaven... even thouhg right now i do have the rash and i will surely be doing it from now on

yea i couple of days ago i shaved my pubes an im 13 it is not the smartest thing ive done it is so ichy an scracy any 1 help plz?

Ian 14 and shaved my down below region and lots of red dots have
Showing is this normal for a first time and how do I get it away quick!

I shaved my vaginal area, and as soon as i had finished green puss came out and it looked like peas but why would they be in my vagina ???
BUT BEFORE I DONE THAT THIS HAPPENED >>> my friend said she shaves all the time and its normal everyone does it , but i dont know because of what happened i havent shaved in like one Year because of that and its very embarrassing becaus elately i went swimming with the school i took a shower and one of the older girls saw me. And they took a photo :S They have posted it all over Facebook and edited it saying "My hairy Bush! :L" and i dont find it funny.......................... What should i do? . HELP!!! O_o

janice_B wrote:

hello years old and i never had any sex activities am i virgin but in one day i found red bups around my legs and vagina
i dont know what is it!

Well at least you had bumps x
it is most probably a heat rash because if you have pubic hairs it can warm down there(especially if you don't
shave there yet)
but its okaay and you said you haven't had any sexual activity so you shall be fine :D

I would be good to ask a parent or guardian to Check it out (Preferably a female)

Well at least you had bumps x

shave there yet)

i have developed scabs down by the base of my penis and pubes after shaving, at first it was 1; but now it has spread to 5 scabs and a few puss bubbles and is very irritating. a day or 2 after i have developed a pain near my groin, it's like a tendon or gland that seems to be swollen and sore, i have been very nervous about this condition, thinking there is a possibility i have herpes someone have any advice?

im 17 and i've shaved my pubic hairs a few times and everytime i do i get red bumps, so i stop and a couple of months later i shave them again, and also get red bumps. im not sure what to do but these posts have helped me understand it better.
im going o keep shaving with the bumps and see if they dissapear after a week or so.