yeah the same thing happened to me(the bumps). apparently after we shave the hair goes back into the skin causing the body to attack the bacteria that gets in, hense the red bumps. youre supposed to:

-use warm water to soften the skin and hairs before shaving; shaving right after a shower.
-apply shaving cream, foam, soap, and ive always been told that for pubic hair use hair conditioner
-shaving in the direction of hair growth not stretching your skin(if u do against the hair growth, even though it gives a closer shave, thats how the bacteria gets in)
-rinsing your razor thoroughly after each use and replacing your blades every week or more often if necessary.

using razors with two or three blades, attempt to cut the hair underneath the actual skin line, inadvertently making it easier for those hairs to then poke back into the skin

I am 14 years old and I shaved my pubic hair for the first time. I got little bumps and will not be doing that again. I will just use my electric shaver from now on. itches so bad.

okay i shaved like right near my anus and i have these medium sized zits and they've been there for a really long time.
i dont know what to do!!

I have the same problem!!!! Im 14 I shaved for the first time two days ago, and an hour after i shaved, the red bumps started showin up and i was bleeding in two spots. Thats why i have been seaching on the enternet and its saying its normal, The thing I did wrong was shaved the wrong direction and didnt put on any foam,shaving cream, exc. :'(

I have been shaving mine for awhile myself. I found that this happens to me as well and usually just learn to live with it. It usually lasts about 4 days or until hair begins to grow back which doesn't take long. But if you want good results then do a safe procedure I found out. Immediately after shaving, take hand sanitizer and lather it on the shaven area repetitively. It will burn terribly in some areas to be warned, but only for about 10 seconds. It's worth it though because the results are amazing. For even better results apply it daily. This is just what I've found out.

Every one who first shaves get the little pimple sort of things
when you cut off the hair for the first time this exposes the bit where the hair grows from, as its not used to having nothing there its verry easy for dirt to get in, thats what casues the red things
WHATEVER YOU DO DONT SQUEEZE THEM
it rly does make them worse and takes longer to heal

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WHEN SHAVING:

1.go with the grain!!!! ie. go top to bottom, dont go up or you can cut the little bumps where the hair grows from

2.use LOADS of shaving foam/cream and always keep you razor wet

3.trim them before shaving, no more than half a centimeter long pubes

4. be very careful, dont push down too hard and dont g over the same area more than 4 times

5.put vaseline on after

EVERYONE for the first time gets rashes. The rashes and pimples will go after like 3 or 4 days
the only way to not get them.. is sorry to say..just keep shaving

after you have shaved down there like 5 or so times, your pholicles will touhgen up and you wont get any rashes or anything

after about 3 months of shaving you can start going against the grain, (against the direction the hairs grow) this means you can get a parfectly smooth shave that you cant get with going with the grain

so people, its just time and patience, the more you shave, the more smooth you can get it

OH AND!!! when you get the rash things a pimples, dont EVER shave agian till they have completely gone and clear
picking them with make them into cuts which will take 3 times as long to heal
ie.
leave them alone = 3-4 days to heal
pick them= 2-3 weeks to heal

hope this helps guys

and YES, the ladies do loave it a whole lot more

and the blowjobs always last for longer ;D

Yeah I shave every time hair grows back and I get red bumps. It just happens to some people and there is nothing you can do to make it go away except for wait it out. So I'm thinking about waxing instead and seeing how that works out.

guys
all it is is that you aren't used to it
human biology makes it so that hair will ALWAYS
grow there, the red spots are probably some natural defensive
reaction your body produces (probably blood to supply the hair folicles with nutrients to make the hair thicker, as you know hair gets thicker the more you cut it). because you know you don't want the hair, doesn't mean the body does, your body always responds in a defensive way, the itch probably is a chemical message telling you to STOP SHAVING IT. not saying you shouldn't, i do it to but you will get used to it no worries. 3~4 weeks max for me xP
the lazier surgery sure its a good idea, but you know.. the hair is there for a reason, one day you suddenly want hair and it isn't there its your loss. for me wouldn't do it (no offense ><)

im not a biologist or a medical student, i'm a high school teenager who merely used basic biology im learning in high school to come up with a theory.

what if the little red bumps don't go after a few days.
is this normal or should i see a doctor

The little red bumps that come after shaving are simply very small ingrown hairs. Hair grows back very quickly and pubic hair, which is more corse and curly, usually becomes ingrown much faster than the hair on your legs for example.

A couple helpful hints to prevent or help treat those red bumps...

1) Allow your skin and hair to soften in the shower before shaving. Use a loofah or washcloth to exfoliate before shaving (this also will help any ingrown hairs to come out from under the skin).

2) Always be sure to use a good shaving cream/gel or work up a good lather with soap

3) For first starting out shave IN the direction of hair growth NOT against

4) Try not to go over the same area more than three times

5) Pat dry

6) Finish with a light moisturizer (with aloe) and some baby powder (after the lotion has dried)

Unfortunately the red bumps are going to happen the first couple weeks of shaving. The skin is not used to the razor yet so its a normal reaction. Your hair may grow back in looking much thicker or darker, this is just the from the angle that the hair has been cut. The hair itself has not changed so don't shave harder. After time (3-4 days) the bumps should become less red and after many shaving sessions your skin should become more used to the razor and therefore less red bumps.

If you notice that the bumps have white tops (often puss filled), LEAVE THEM ALONE. NO PICKING. A hot shower with a loofa for exfoliating and some antibiotic cream afterwards should clear up the problem. Do NOT shave them and if the problem still remains after a couple days go see a doctor.

im 15 nn tried that! never again!!!!! just gonna trim w scissors!

Yeah, the smoothness is great, but the itchiness and bumps suck so much.

It's best to trim them a little over a few days before shaving, but still... ouch.

before i started to shave which was only a few days ago i found some of those red pimples in the pubic region while i still had hair there...now that i've shaved for the first time its made it worse...i dont know what to do...i know everyone here is saying that its normal which is hard to comprehend when its happening to you... but is it normal to have some before you shave at all???
help me please.. :-(

Guest wrote:

.i know a mate who after waxxing his back had a hair grown inwards and within a few months it had hit his spinal cord and grown between to veterbrae. is this risk not apparent with pubic hair

wow this is really reassuring im 13 and i shaved my pubes yesterday i read this and now im sh***ng myself (avoided the sac tho not to confident)

In reply to thompsononeo1ner, yes this is normal for hairier people, I my self have this, it is rather annoying to get at and shave.