Just an update from my posting 2 days ago, Veet worked wonderful! No allergic reactions, no itching, just hair free area! If you have sensitive skin, use their sensitive skin version. I used the regular and it worked fine. My fiancee used the regular on her private area and had pain and swelling in her private areas. Just to let the girls know, be careful where you use it.

Feel free to post a reply if you need more info.

Ok, so I'm a guy and I shaved my pubes for the first time earlier today. After I showered and all was done, I immediately noticed a ton of little red dots that look like pimples surronding and in the area above the shaft. No they are really irratated and it hurts a little when i walk.

What do I do? Will they go away? Please respond.

Thanks,
dbert

Hi.
I got very bored yesterday so decided to shave all my lower region completely.
I did it in the shower but was going against the hairs at times and went over areas more than once, it didn't hurt at the time but now I have got lots of the red spots.
I've read hundreds of these forums and I just need a few things answered.
How long will the spots stay? (I know it's ingrown hairs as I shaved against them, but will they be gone soon?)
When it itches, what's the best thing to put on them as I've been using exfoliant cream?
How long until I get my beloved hairs back again, and can stick to trimming?

when you first shave an area the skin will become irritated, and itchy. this will happen just about anywhere you shave. Just be cautious, as the hair might become ingrown.

Hi there. i shaved the other day and at first it was fine but then about 10 minutes later i came up in the rash spots.. etc, and was reallly itchy the hair underneath also grew back really quickly and really spikey.. is there any other methods of shaving to prevent this? x

Perhaps I am a little older than some here, (31) and i've done this a few times, shaved the balls and penis, but never the adjacent legs, and pubic mound above the penis. Having just done this yesterday, because my gf is coming back to visit me for a couple of months in a week, I now have the rash most people described, and i can expect these pimples to come soon too. Yay. what a great surprise she will be in for :-(

Is this rash temporary, and caused simply by the blade irritating the dermus? I really hope so, it looks unsightly and unpleasant, and while it isnt so uncomfortable (much) I really want it to go away before she gets here.

ok so ive shaved my pubes several times and every time i get red pimple like bumps that dont go away. my girl likes it when i shave though. so wat do i do?

Hey,
I'm 14 and I have shaved many times for a few months. If you want to stop the itching and red lumps it really easy, stright after you have shaved, put some after shave cream on, i use "Nivea For Men" "Replenishing After Shave Balm". This should stop all itching and reduce red lumps, but they may last for a day or two. If you get any itching inbetween shaves just put some more balm on or else put some talcum powder on.

ok I shaved two days ago, no red bumps but every time i walk or move I can feel that stubble against my skin...ouch

Rubbed some moisturising cream but still prickly and irritating!

Please help!

Ok, new user D here, so now Im sure it cant be an STD...right? I tried shaving my legs because they were a bit hairy (I'm a man) and I just wanted to trim them but I took off a bit too much on one side so i decided to shave them completely. Afterwards I got these red bumps that would bleed a little when they were squeezed (like you would a pimple), so those are just the result of ingrown hairs, right? I have hairs that grown really close together, similar to 2 at a time, so could that also be causing irritation when they try to grow out again?

i did the exact same thing (exact same age too :-D ) and got the red bumps. they go away eventually. i shaved the area around my penis (not the upper part, but on the side) and the bumps came up and went away in about a week. I think i'm going to try with an electric shaver instead. also, i have hair on my shaft too, it's normal. as long as there's not that much.

I'm 14 & I started shaving what works for me is shaving in the opposite direction & after shaving putting deoderant on it. But you have to do it everyday.

what I do is shave daily after shaving scrub with a lufu with your normal body wash to remove oils then dry after drying apply deoderant to shaved area, when you shave make sure you use shaving cream & shave in the opposite direction the hair is growing for a closer shave.

For all of you having trouble with red bumps after shaving and what not
i MIGHT have found a solution hahah

well my boyfriends coming to visit me in a couple of days..
so i decided to clean up the basement and decided to shave it off
for the first day it was sooooooooo smooth and nothing was wrong
and then when i woke up..i was like wtf! there was stubble and it was very irritable.
so i tried shaving it again and it made it worse.
I was freaking out because there were tons of red bumps and i only have a couple of days :-(
but i tried this and it works!
BABY POWDER!
put baby powder on, watch tv for a little bit.
the itch SEMI-goes away, the bumps get smaller and smaller.
as for the hair.
im gonna wax it today hahaha

hope that helps!

yeh i just shaved mine...fer the first time n i got bumps everywhere and it horrible...is there anyway to make them go away fast cause im trying to get laid 2nite and I dunt want this girl thinking i got herpies or somthin