I often shave my pubes, i am a teenager of 16..

although i dont shave it purely for the sexual gradification my girlfriend does like it..

After shaving the first time the next day or so red bumps WILL come up, its inevitable, so please dont be frightened its perfectly normal

I found a relief though, my girlfriend also shaves and this happens to girls too, although the relief doesnt take the redness away it will help with pain and discomfort

The first thing i do every morning is shave the little hair stumps coming in, after shaving that put some after shave on it (yes it might sting a little but it helps) i use one with aloe vera its rather nice. after using the after shave you may still have a little itching or if you already have the bumps bleeding after shaving, if this occurs slab some baby powder on that, i found it to help stop the bleeding ( i dont know if thats everybody or just me) and it also cools and brings relief to the area

With the red bump issue, if you are trying to have sex, explain to the partner about the shaving, they should understand, as a extra measure just use a condom if you believe it might be a STD....

I found that about a month of shaving the area, and using the after shave and baby powder i have found that the red bumps dont occur anymore i believe this is with everybody but it does take a daily shave to get rid of the stubs coming in

yes its discomforting, yes it isnt all that pleasent but if you do it diligently it pays off, and if you dont want to go through this, just dont shave, or just keep it intact ( shave it down to about half a inch of hair or so)

i hope this helps you as it helped me :-)

i shaved my pubic hair on my balls and penis shaft I just grazed it to "clean it up" have some ingrown hairs near my waist line but now my penis shaft is dry and flaky. Has small red bumps all over and its starting to go on the head now, I tried melaluca oil and aloe vera and it didnt work. Its been 5 days, should I be worried?

No this is normal when you shave your pubic region best thing i can suggest is have a hot bath once a morning and night this will make the groth of you pubic hair less sore as it sofens the hair if you really want to sofen it go to you local pharmasy and get albas oil bubble bath this will 1 sooth the itching it will just make ur nuts freeze but it will make the hair smoother as it grows back ;-)

Reguards

Baldy Ball Sack :-S

I am 17, and i just shaved about 36 hours ago. I am mildly allergic to metal... like if i wear a belt for 6-8 hours... the area around the belt buckle will get a rash... but its not bumps like after i shave... its like an itchy rash... the bumps i get after i shave are just annoying, i have hair on my shaft... nothing below my penis gets bumps just above... and ive done this once before but it was with shaving gel... it kind of reduced it... but this time i thought it would totally be gone if i just did it dry... there were no misshapes but it didnt reduce it, and now that ive been reading about it... im scared of ingrown hairs. but yes last time most of them were gone within a few days. i hope they are gone by friday XD

i have shaved down there and well the day after i got bumps, apparent to me a rash. well they hairs grew back and i needed to shave again pretty soon, but the rash was still there, i don't know what to do and was wondering if there was a way to shave without getting the rash and if not how can i get rid of it faster?

I been shaving down there for a while now and like one day i dont know if it was because of a bad razor or not one time something came up as like a pimple like bump and then went away.....now i have these bumps coming up around my bikini area and they wont go away now it just looks like dry skin and lil bumps...what is it? I mean i am sexually active could it be anything or what??

I thought it would be a good idea to shave by the base of the shaft of my penis about a year ago. after i did that and i noticed the hair that grew back in sharp i continued shaving it, first once a week then twice, now i have to do it like every day. It is very annoying and i have little bumps that seem to be coming up all the time. I know there ingrown hairs. But its disgusting and i regret ever shaving, i cant stop because of how gross the hairs look/feel when they come in.
Is there any way to make these bumps stop. Ive tried different razors, shaving creams, now i use bump patrol after and thats not working.

Anything would be great, i cant look at the shaft of my penis without being disgusted by the bumps , its not normal.

Celebrity
Every time you shave straight after put an antiseptic cream on. EG savalon. The best iv found is sudacrem. Its a baby cream. Its bril. You wont get a spot at all.

Hey im 15 and have been shaving for a while now.i used to get these shave bumps when i first started but not anymore.a couple things that you can do to minimize bumps after shaving are: 1.if you dont now,start using shaving cream. 2.always use a new sharp razor. 3.always shave downward.(with the grain) 4.after shaving rinse area with cold water to close the pores reducing the likelihood of an ingrown hair. 5.if you try all of these tecniques and are still getting bumps, you might want to try nair or try trimming your hair rather than shaving it.hope this helps :-)

What the red bumps are is simply in-grown hair. whats simply going on is that when u shave with a razor the skin quickly heals over top of the cut hair. the hair has nowhere to go but through the skin; causing thoughs red bumps, itchyness, ad irratation. rub deoderant on that area, or moisturizing cream. they will fade after a sort while no biggie...

IM 13 and i shaved 2 nights ago and i still have red bumps wit little white tips so can some one help me

I used to shave my shaft but the irritation was too much for me. I now use Nair lotion. Slather it on, let it set for about 3 minutes and shower it off. Nice and smooth and no irritation.

the bumps go away after about 4-5 days just make sure you dont itch them or they stay longer.

also, make sure you shave in the direction the pubes are growing and you won't get the bumps

make sure you also wet the area and use a little shaving cream/ soap to soften it up.

Shave towards hair growth, then against. Repeat until smooth.

I used to get this problem, DONT touch or scratch that area directly after. Shower (i hope you do this any way!) after and put some aftershaving cream (nivea), you will naturely build up resistance to this the more you shave and the better you shave similar to on other areas of the body.