My greatest help was found when I searched for causes of Mineral Depletion. There is where I learned that sugar can deplete Magnesium. I've had good success and avoid the cramping by excluding all sugar from my diet. I used to drink pickle juice just to relieve the cramping in minutes but now I take a shot each day. There are other benefits from drinking pickle juice, like improving gut health, getting rid of bad breath, and it has a lot of anti-oxidants. If taken before a meal it will help stabilize blood sugar. I've experienced gradual weight loss without trying because I'm not eating sugar. It actually curbs my appetite. I don't have hunger pangs! I hope this helps.

Going to try the regular shots of pickle juice. Thanks for the suggestion. I got tired of regular doctors and went to a Naturopathic doc. I am on a high dose of magnesium and doing other things to get my body balanced.. So thrilled I have this forum to relate to. Trying to omit sugars of which I know beyond of shadow of doubt plays a huge part in setting off severe cramps in me. Strange because it totally depends on the type of sugar. Strange!

Omg. You just described my inner thigh cramps to a T. I had another one 2 nights ago and live in fear of getting one again. The one I had before this lasted 2.5 hours and I was screaming, sweating and praying I would pass out. This last one was only about 1/2 hour, and same thing. I had a severely broken femur years ago that I swear didn't hurt this bad..
I found that by standing with my legs spread apart as far as they would go, then touching the floor eased it somewhat. Then I tried stretching from side to side like that. It eased the pain, but the muscle wouldn't stop cramping and my only choice was to stay in that position... That might not be practical for everyone, but perhaps it could be tried in bed as well. Spreading your legs as far as you can, then trying to touch your toes. It stretches the muscle and helps a little. That may have been why it only lasted 1/2 hour this time
I too would like to know why this is happening now that I'm in my 60's

I should clarify.. Standing with my legs apart and reaching for my toes and trying to stretch was not as easy as I made it sound. In reality I had my butt have perched on the edge of the bed (high bed) for balance because my arms were being used on my inner thigh to pound, massage etc. plus you have to raise up frequently because your gasping for breath and your hearts pounding out of your chest. So I didn't mean touch your toes literally, but bent over like you would if you were touching your toes. I Imagine adrenaline kicks in because of the sheer terror of the episode and don't know if adrenaline hurts or helps.
I believe this stretching may have helped it ease up quicker because it lasted a half hour instead of 2.5 hours... People say they drink water, pickle juice, soda, Gatorade etc., but I don't know how. During the cramp I can't do anything but scream, gasp, and a lot of Oh, No's and Oh God!
When I was in that spread leg position the muscle stayed hard as a rock, but the pain eased up slightly so I could catch my breath.
Maybe there is a better way to stretch that muscle, but when the cramp starts up all reason, logic and thinking goes straight out the window...
So my point is that trying to stretch that muscle any way you can may help it release. It's not a cure certainly, just a way to get some relief during the cramp.

And yes, I agree with the person who said the Dr. That answered this post said everything about regular leg cramps (child's play) and NOT one thing about this excruciating and what feels like life threatening inner thigh cramps! I've had people tell me when asked, that sure they have had one.. I know they haven't though. If you get one of these babies it's a life altering remember every second of it traumatic event.

I was told not to take quinine as it's actually poison! Taking potassium pills has helped some but then I worry about getting too much potassium from taking the pills Flexeril works although it takes a minute or two for it to kick in! As soon as I feel one coming on I take it I carry them with me everywhere I go! I have Lyme disease and I don't know if that's what's causing it all I know is that I have inner thigh cramps so bad that I can't walk and I've tried everything as far as stretching and all that and I also get cramps in my big toe where my big toe tries to separate from my foot doctor seem to look at me like I'm crazy but my Lyme doctor believes me ....I feel for everyone on this page no one knows how debilitating it can be!!!

This is the first forum where folks convinced me that they were in the same "Excruciating" Pain that I am experiencing. Male - 67 - BP medication - Inner thigh cramps that wake me up and nothing I can do to make them stop. I kick over the TV tray, the side table, waddle around in circle begging for relief. I chug a sports drink. (I am so sore right now from experiencing two episodes last night), usually both inner thighs cramp on me. I can't stand up straight, in fact the main sign that this bought with the cramps is easing up, is when I can actually stand up straight. I can't put my slippers on, twisting off the cap on the sports drink causes the cramps to intensify, This is just terrible, this only started about a year ago and there is nothing I can pin point that might have been the trigger. AS i'm typing I can feel the tell-tale twinges happening in my inner thighs. Last night was so intense, and it happened twice, it actually hurts to put weight on my legs when I walk, very sore from the cramps. I have tried to explain to others, the effected area is INSIDE my Upper Thighs, from groin to knee, the center of which is about 4 to 6 inches below my crotch. I can only say I do understand when others are trying to describe how bad these hurt, Yes, the pain is seriously intense. Even the time line describes my episodes, 15 to 20 minutes to before I start getting some relief. Then, I have to be really careful of my movement, not to trigger another one. Scared to sit or lay down to soon. Remember these largely happen at night when I'm sleeping. I have had nights when I could not go back to sleep, last night was one of those, now i'm so tired.. What am I to do, I have always thought of myself as able to tolerate pain, a high pain threshold, But with these deep inner thigh cramps, I'm cursed!! HELP!!!

Please help me

Hair dryer works good, careful not to burn yourself.

Believe me, I do understand! I am having trouble sleeping, just worrying about having another inner thigh cramp in my sleep. This is terrible.!!! RH

I agree, it feels like a curse. I've gone through the majority of my food choices and weeded out anything I've eaten that triggered an episode. Sugar causes mineral depletion, especially magnesium. I've removed all sugar from my diet. Nothing is worth the risk of that pain. I've had to exclude some carbs as well, like rice and pizza. My Dr recommended I follow a Diabetic Diet and limit carbs to 15 grams. Absolutely nothing with caffeine! I've increased my water intake and use Propel powder packets for the added minerals. And I'm walking more. I've ordered some MagOx online to see if that helps with the supplements side. I was taking some horse pills from Costco that had Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc but I think they didn't dissolve enough to help me there. I've heard good things about MagOx. If you have't found my posts about pickle juice I highly recommend it! The pain is gone in five minutes. I drink shots of pickle juice as a deterrent, as well.

I too am on Losarten for high BP and get calf and foot cramps periodically, but last night was the first time I have had these excruciating inner thigh cramps, I was yelling out, cold sweats, felt like I was going to faint, worst pain ever felt in my life (worse than child birth and broken limbs). Interestingly I have been eating really clean for 10 weeks (no grains, sugar, or dairy) but yesterday ate a lot of sugar, and voila inner intense, sickening inner thigh cramp for first time ever, so I think there's something in this sugar thing for real. Also I have had a knee problem recently and also cannot straighten my leg properly so feel this has contributed too.

Hello everyone. I sympathize with everyone. I have been having horrible inner thigh "charlie horse" cramps (is what I call them) mainly my right leg. My friend gave me advise a while back to rub Bengay on the charlie horse. It seems to be the only thing I know that relieves the torture. I had a big one yesterday and my leg is still sore and feel like I can get a repeat attack. So I have the Bengay handy. I'm going to try drinking tonic water. I just want the torture to go away. Hope this tidbit helps someone.... good luck

We are with you and understanding. I have been taking extra vitamins and drinking Gator Aid. The Gator Aid helps stop an Attack when it happens. I don't think anything will completely stop these KILLER CRAMPS. I also, had one last night even with the vitamins and Gator Aid.. They are not as frequent since taking the vitamins, but not Gone....Good Luck with yours, we know how terrible these hurt. RH

I have the same problem on my right side. I've been told I probably have a problem with my Ileocecal valve in my intestine. This is a sphincter muscle that moves food from the small intestine into the large intestine. Sometimes they don't function properly and cause problems with digestion and cause pain. I am starting massage to the area and also cutting down on HCTZ doctor gave me for fluid to take with my blood pressure med. Check out information about this valve and see if you have pain in that area and also other trigger points; abdomen on right side between hip bone and navel, front of right shoulder, inner thighs, the top of calf in back of right knee, inside of right knee area and back or left side of neck. These trigger points will be very sore if you have the valve problem. Good Luck!

Sorry, but what is the name of it and where did you get it? Online? If so, link please? Thanks!