I am a RN also. I get this also and no words can explain how painful this is, I panic if I start even feeling a twitch in my thigh muscles. It scares me it's so painful. I had a child without anesthesia and this is way worse than that?

So happy for you! I wouldn't wish these cramps on my worst enemy.

Vitamins d milk helps drinking with sugar n milk buy food natural vitamin k ,ways eat , a bananas n Gatorade n water it helps with sugar n milk helps with passing out.a lot.! vitamins b complex help too. Hope help.better soon.I suffered from it too.

How are uour inner thighs doing? I just had 1st episode tonight! I got up out of my chair and the inner thighs on both my legs had excruciating pain, thought I was going to have to go to the hospital only lasted about three minutes! worst pain ever

If anyone is still following these, I have found that standing erect as soon as possible it the best relief

I have these. I feel as though the only relief would be to cut off my legs, it hurts so bad. It is excruciating pain. I wake screaming.
I am trying to stop them right now before it happens. I have taken magnesium and potassium. I can feel them with small spasms. Luckily, I awakened before the severe cramps begin.
I've had these since I was a little girl. All the docs say is to eat a banana. That doesn't work. Sometimes they last for hours.
I've worked today, on my feet all day so I'm sure that is the biggest part of it but even on off days it happens too.
I'm beginning to think it has to do with the moons. I know that sounds crazy. But im trying to think of anything that might be causes.
I bought some magnesium flakes. I mix it with water and apply by rubbing it all over or using a spray bottle.
Right now that seems to be working. It's calmed the tremors/spasms. I can feel they ate trying to cramp.. but on the verge of it.
I wish I could sleep.
I wish you all the best.

you never answered the question for inner thigh cramps this is not a cramp you get like on your lower muscle legs. its in deep in your inner thigh which you can't reach to try to message on even walk up right. its an unbearable pain like one lady said giving birth to a gorilla. its weird I've talked with my
doctor and he always says "your fine" "your" I don't think men get these
cramps as much as women. there has to be a right answer because I have ad blood work don and all my vitamin and minerals are to the right level. so doctor ANGELICA GIRON, M.D. please find an answer.

Calcium does work. I kept a bottle of Caltrate chewables by my bed. But I have since found that tonic water works much faster. And let's face it.....the pain of inner thigh cramps is so excruciating that every second counts. The suggestion that "all you need to do is stretch the affected leg" is ridiculous. Anyone who has experienced these cramps knows that it does not help.....it could go on for what seems like an eternity in hell. Even if you could stand up to stretch.....you feel as though you're going to pass out as the pain increases, and you're gasping for air and trying not to hyperventilate at the same time. You're virtually incapacitated. Most of the time, just when you think that all of the stretching and rubbing is making if subside, then the cramping comes back full force, and at times causes cramping in distal muscles as far as the tops of my feet. I go for the tonic water everytime now. It doesn't take much and its instant.

I too have been suffering from these horrible cramps now. They started about 8 months ago and they are the most horrible cramps ever. I just had them in both inner thighs about 20 minutes ago and it just stopped me in my tracks. The only way I could relieve them was to rub my thighs as hard as I could until they stopped. After reading all of the replies I'm going to go out tomorrow and get the supplements to see if they will stop these horrible cramps. What triggered them was I stretched getting out of the recliner and got them in both thighs at the same time.....PAIN UNBELIEVABLE!!!

ME TOO I FEEL YOUR PAIN THE EPISODES ARE HORRIFIC!
VEIN DISEASE ?
ARACHNOIDITIS ?
MS ?
IT IS NOT ABOUT BANANAS OR WATER

Is everyone wearing flat shoes like sandals or flip flops? That will also cause these symptoms

Is anyone wearing flat shoes or flip flops
It will also cause these symptoms

My daughter is a trainer at school and studying to be a PT Physical Therapists and recommended pickle juice since I suffer from those horrible cramps! Try it!

My thigh cramping started six years ago, when I started doing a hot yoga sculpt class. I thought it was from electrolyte depletion. I've tried the tonic water, potassium, acupuncture, etc. I tried modifying exercise and nothing worked. I just came across this string & am so glad because I've never met anyone who experiences inner thigh cramping like I do & you all are describing it perfectly. I keep a frozen water bottle in ice bucket by my bed for relief. I'm pretty physically fit & it seems exercise is connected with this. I had surgery in November for compressed nerve in 3,4,5,6, which caused tingling down both legs & felt like I was walking on rice. The surgery took care of that issue and I didn't get the inner thigh cramps for several months. Now that I've started back exercising I've had a few episodes.Two nights ago I experienced the worst ever; it went on for almost an hour. I was praying and crying. I have excellent doctors and they suggested I try eastern medicine. I did do acupuncture before the surgery, but haven't done it since. I think I will go back to it. I have powder magnesium that I add to water or juice. I drink Gator Aide, too. I'm open to any ideas/info anyone has. My neurosurgeon did say that I may eventually need disk work on my L-4.

I ride bicycles and i walk alot at my job..i smoke Marlboro cigarettes I drink alot of soda..im 49..male..not over waight but i to have Severe Inside left leg just above the knee.. mucel in thie..glucose was checked awhile ago and ok..i do drink alot of milk and icecream but was just thinking it could be something we are all doing the same..