I don't know if my reply got posted but your post got me thinking...I'm flat footed, is anyone else who posts about the thigh cramps?

I get them (and I am a senior) bot that often but always in the same leg and I'm not sure if the pain wakes me up or it is that I am getting up but once I am standing the cramps are killing me and I am moving and trying to walk and waking everyone else in the house up from wailing. When it starts to abate even just a little I start to massage my inner thigh and also down my leg. It lasts from 10 to 20 minutes of the worst pain ever. I get this about once a year.

I parallel my own pains in the inner thighs--so unbearable I am reduced to crying and near fainting..However, I do this to stop the pain--I believe it is related to potassium levels....I immediately drink a glass of orange juice and then place a large towel in the microwave for about 35-40 seconds and then wrap the heated towel around the inner thigh--relief is almost immediate..Do this a couple of times while sitting a chair. When I recount, I note that I have not really been eating enough foods with potassium such as potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, oranges etc. Resupply yourself and stay hydrated with sufficient liquids other than sodas and coffee... With deep compassion for each of you...

I have gotten these same type of cramps once in both legs and once only in right both times I used an old trick from my high school football days drink a large glass of salt water and there gone in like 2 minutes hope this helps someone

a cold pack ,place it on floor stand on it with ball of your foot will stop the cramp don't know why u & I and a whole a lot of others get them

I have had a few of these thigh spasms which last up to half an hour they have always started when I have been sitting for a while, once while playing bingo on holiday in hotel so embarrassing trying to walk and not scream out loud, I will try the tips on this page.

Add me to your group of severe inner thigh cramp sufferers. I too have had leg cramps for years and have tried a bunch of things to get rid of them. I mentioned it to my massage therapist one day and she said, "have you tried pickle juice? It's the vinegar in the pickle juice that will help you. It is hard to drink vinegar straight, that's why the pickle juice. I have tried Sweet pickle juice and dill pickle juice and both seem to work for me as the leg and foot cramps have been at bay. However, I am still experiencing 1 inner thigh cramp about one every three or four months. I have to pretty much crawl to the fridge to get to a jar of pickles and suffer, but the cramp finally stops. I don't know if the pickle brine makes it stop or just time. I don't seem to have the after cramp pain either. Don't get me wrong, that pain is excruciating, but knowing it will stop is the only thing you can hope for. I know this sounds nuts, but I hope this helps someone else. I don't care how many pickles I have to throw away! Judi

I can't understand what you just typed, but, I thing you said try magnesium taurat. It is in a red and white bottle. You can get it online.

It sounds like Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)- this can be attributed to hypothyroid disease, hyperlipidism, undiagnosed Diabetes, and poor circulation- usually they treat with Pletal which is an antiplatelet medication. I would encourage you to have your doctor order and ultrasound of your blood vessels in your legs to see if there is a blockage or narrowing.

You may have a magnesium deficiency. Look up hypo magnesia. Look up tetany. Get on 400mg of magnesium two tablets twice a day. I've been dealing with this and just got a diagnosis on August 30, 2016
Have you doctor check your blood levels for all vitamin and mineral levels, especially if you are a bariatric patient.

I have the same types of cramps and they ALWAYS come at night if I've eaten anything high in sugar or carbs prior to them. Sometimes, this could be coupled with a salty component if it's a snack. It never, ever fails. Sugar or carbs trigger them for me and they are totally incapacitating. It's some of the worst pain I've ever felt and it's in a calf or upper, inner thigh first and then alternates to the other leg when it's finished with one. Drinking massive amounts of water and taking potassium and magnesium seem to alleviate it.

I jut found this site and am so relieved that I am not the only one whose doctors have ignored in this problem. What is wrong with these doctors? My pain goes from my inner thigh, around my knee and up my outer thigh to my lower back. I can't stand, lie, or sit. Just stay bent over until it passes and hope I don't pee myself or poop my pants. Interesting enough, I am also on Losartan for high blood pressure. I have cramping everywhere, my hands, my neck, my jaw. Those aren't as bad but still painful. I will be looking for some magnesium, and potassium today. I am a 62 year old woman.

I have had the same cramping for a few years. previously I would just sit in extreme pain and rub it until it left. But I have noticed that if I feel it coming on I jump out of bed or out of my chair and stand really fast and it helps go away faster. Some times it will hang on though. I use to think it was because I ate to much sugar, Sugar depletes your body of minerals. I have come to the conclusion that this is a mineral and water deficiency. So I am using the powdered Calm Magnesium and it helps. I have also started on a powdered vitamin product. Hope this was helpful!

The powdered Magnesium helps me. But maybe a small amount of vinegar with water at bed time would be a good idea. Thanks!

WOW, SO SORRY, another gal just said to try pickle juice or vinegar. Maybe some during the day too.