As I was reading your post I could have flipef cause that is a page out of one of my nights down to the baking soda.still haven't found the answer as how to prevent them

STOP THE LOSARTAN. I HAVE THESE CRAMPS AS WELL. MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. LAST ONE RENDERED ME COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES AND I WOKE UP ON THE FLOOR IN MY OWN URINE. COMPLETELY EMPTIED MY BLADDER ALL OVER MY BEDROOM CARPET AND MY PJ'S. MY INTERNIST SAID TO STOP BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION. I DID...NO CRAMP TILL LAST NIGHT. BLOOD PRESSURE WAS KEEPING ME AWAKE AND MY CHEST POUNDED AND MY EARS RUNG. I GOT UP, HALF ASLEEP, AND TOOK ONE OF THE OLD LOSARTAN'S 50MG. FELL BACK ASLEEP. ONE HOUR LATER, IT WAS HELL TO PAY. HUSBAND JUMPED TO MY RESCUE AND PUT ALL HIS PRESSURE AGAINST THE INSIDE RIGHT THIGH WHILE I SCREAMED AND BROKE OUT INTO A COLD SWEAT. HE FINALLY GOT SCALDING HOT WATERBOTTLES AND PUT ONE INNER AND ONE OUTER THIGH. 2 HOURS LATER, I WAS ABLE TO CRAWL...LITERALLY...BACK TO BED. ONLY TOOK ONE HOUR FOR LOSARTAN TO HIT ME. DROP THAT DRUG. IT IS A SERIOUS SIDE EFFECT IN PEOPLE LIKE US.

I have had the same cramps for years & they are alarming. They can happen in the middle of the night or when I get up from sitting. The one thing I have done that has lengthened the period in between (4 months in a few cases-I even mark them on my calendar) is stretching. I stand facing the wall-about 2 ft away with my hands flat on the wall..and put my right leg back about a foot...bend my left leg a bit and stretch until my right ft is almost flat. You can actually feel the same muscle that cramps pulling. Go easy and repeat 3 times on both sides. I do this 4 or 5 times a day and always before I go to bed, a movie or if I feel that twinge. I'm going to try the some of the supplements discussed in this post. I feel it is a structural issue in my case...vs organic...but it makes no difference...I have had a child and by far...these are the worst…I too have almost passed out from the pain…scared the wits out of others and always break into a cold sweat. Just a quick question...how many are men vs women...just wondering? I'm a 60 YO female. Good Luck!

I have had these cramps for years on the inside of the thigh and most of the time it wakes me out of a dead sleep. Mine are caused when I do alot of kneeling , climbing ladders or when I excessively sweat. if I keep well hydrated with Gatorade it prevents them. I also use Gatorade when I wake up with one in the middle of the night and usually it goes away in about 3-4 minutes. You should never take more than 1 teaspoon of baking soda within a 24 hour period as this changes the PH in you body and can be deadly. I also suffer from reflux disease and only use baking soda to put the fire out when the reflux hits. If you also rub Sports Creme on the cramp, it will ease it up and prevent soreness after the cramp. These are the worst cramps in the world as they go from my knee right up to my crotch and the pain is mind numbing and I too scream alot from these until they let up. I hope this helps . Scott

".... these are the most brutal cramps imaginable. " YES THEY ARE! I've researched this quite a bit the last couple of years. I don't have all the answers but maybe I have a few? I keep Hyland Leg Cramp pills by my bed. If a cramp attacks, I put 3 pills under my tongue and let them dissolve, and wash down w/ water. Cramps usually gone in a minute or less. This is the fastest 1st aid therapy I have found. Also, after strenuous activity (mt bike, hike, yard work, etc..) I apply magnesium oil to the area. Only my right inner thigh has had these cramps...so far. Also, I believe some foods can be beneficial to reduce the chance of attack, such as: organic sour krout, raw milk kefir, raw honey with organic apple cider vinegar and water. Lot's of water seems to help, regardless of activity.

I have this condition as well, very strange that majority of posters have cramp in RIGHT side as do I.  My treatment is gulping 2-3 bottle waters and eating 1-2 bannanas.  I take BP meds which contain diuretic, and find that I do not always drink as much water during the day as I should.  Doctors I've talk to have no definate answer as to cause but most say the same, more hydration during the day.  I also see another common denominator in the thread of low potasium, thus the improvement with eating bannanas

I have suffered with these same killer inner thigh cramps on my right leg  for over 15 years but as I get older they happen more often.  I can't stand, sit or lay down when they start.  I just have to get in a half sitting half laying position and start rubbing really hard on my leg.  I also get the cold sweats  I have been taking blood pressure meds for a very long time so that could be when they started.  I've tried all of the vitamins and minerals, tonic water, etc. but nothing seemed to work. I also tried the Hyland Leg Cramp pills but they didn't help either.  Then I discoverd something called "Cramp-z" you can buy online.  It is a spray.  I use it every night before bed and my cramps are not happening as often now.  I'm sure I will still get them but at least they are fewer and farther between.  I feel for all of you as it is the worst pain ever.

I have this same issue. I have been to emergency twice in a week with this. My magnesium is low. Thinking back this started when my dr doubled my dose of Losaren. I can't find anything that relieves this inner thigh cramp and it lasts forever. I wonder if we are all taking losartin that are having this problem!

I get these cramps too and maybe it's from the Losartin. I keep coconut water handy and take any kind of mineral supplement that I have on hand. Also block shots (from cliff ) has lots of endurance nutrition . They seem to help

Yes, I have tryed that and all it has done was bring on those God I can not handle these any longer cramps in the intertheighs. It is so hard for me to try to get up off the floor with those intertheigh cramps.

I have had inner thigh cramps and it is the worst pain I have ever felt. I cannot move. Starts on the top of my foot and moves up my shins and around to the calves and to the inner thighs.....always both at the same time. All I can do is scream out and I break out in a cold sweat and get very dizzy and feel like heaving. I cant stand due to the feet and ankles contorting. Pointing but toes curled upwards and feet going pigeon toed like. This goes on for 3-4 hours a night for the past 4 nights. It doesnt usually happen everynight. This time is bad. Legs are sooo incredibly sore and its been happening in the day too if I happen to stretch. Im miserable and going crazy from the lack of sleep. I drink over 100 oz of water a day so I know im hydrated. Deathly allergic to bananas so I drink black cherry juice. Take magnesium pills and drink tonic water. I constantly drink baking soda water (chronic acid reflux). I dont know what else to do.

This helped my groin problem. My Dr. told me to stop dead lifting and drink more water. I was a heavy coffee drinker. Now when I get up I first drink 2 16 oz. bottles of water b 4 2 small cups of coffee, and not much more during the day Plus he told me to do " Windshield wipers" to strenghten my groin. You lay down on a flat bench on your stomach with your knees bent at 90 degrees. Then keeping your knees togther slowly swing your feet out but m not too far at first. Do 40 of these once a day. Then when you Slowly increase the distance between your heals do 2 sets of 40.  Riding a bike or Im cumbant bike is good too In the last 10 weeks of doing this I had 1 mild cramp in 1 leg, where a few times I had them in BOTH legs. Im going back to deadlifting again. Athough I'm 73 I'll just start out at 100 lbs. for 3 sets of 5. ---III------III--- gl all.

<

Read my post below

I do not take Losaren or any medications of any kind. I have had muscle cramps in my calves before but they are easily rubbed/worked out. I have even had abdominal cramps which are worse. But these inner thigh Monsters are a different beast altogether.
These cramps are the most painful things I have ever experienced. My first "attack" happened a few months ago while having friends and family over for a party. It came on suddenly in both legs and I can only describe the pain as " a massive heart attack in my legs". Everyone in the room was looking at me like I was crazy. At first I think they thought it was a joke but as the grip got stronger the pain got worse and I began to cry out. All I could do was stumble around holding my legs just above the knees. I tried to sit down, even lay on the floor but that was even worse. After a few minutes of agony, it felt like it began to ease a bit only to have the second wave hit me even harder. I though I was going to pass out... it was unlike anything I had ever experienced.
In 1999 I was involved in a terrible jet ski accident where I broke 7 ribs, tore a rotator cuff, punctured a lung and had to have multiple dental surgeries to repair 9 broken/lost teeth. These cramps are worse!
My second attack was last night while in bed. I was turning to the other side to get comfortable then... I was in a fight with my right leg. As I struggled, I prayed the left wouldn't join the party. Luckily, it was only the one I had to deal with this time but it was just as painful as the first episode.
My wife brought me two potassium pills but it still took about 10 minutes to calm it down.
I think you folks are on to something with the magnesium thing. I stopped taking vitamins a few months ago for a couple of reasons and that may be the culprit for me. I'll be visiting the store this morning to get some magnesium for sure.
People who have never experienced this inner thigh thing should consider themselves lucky... It Sucks!

I experienced this last night. Like you I felt that I was going to die from the pain. I started to faint and sweat. This is the 2nd time I had this paralyzing cramp on my right inner thigh. I am 65 years old. I drink water all day but do not eat bananas or take potassium. I'm going to follow you to see what you've discovered from your tests. 11/23/14